Review: Spiral Ear SE 5-way Reference - A new level of resolution? (Review posted 5/15/12)
Oct 27, 2013 at 4:04 PM Post #1,561 of 2,566

Even though you sent him photos there is no guarantee he can still make them or not make them. Even from the pics I sent him he was unsure. It was not until I send him the actual molds themselves that he was able to determine that he could make them.

Good luck.

Ditto - On initial response back, Grzegorz said my ears were too small. Fast-forward a few months... I had them in my ears. If you are very interested in them - I strongly suggest you bite the bullet, pay the fees for the impressions (make sure they follow the instruction per the SE website), and send them. It cost me about $60 for all that, but the SE5 were worth it for me. 

Oct 27, 2013 at 6:56 PM Post #1,563 of 2,566

Ditto - On initial response back, Grzegorz said my ears were too small. Fast-forward a few months... I had them in my ears. If you are very interested in them - I strongly suggest you bite the bullet, pay the fees for the impressions (make sure they follow the instruction per the SE website), and send them. It cost me about $60 for all that, but the SE5 were worth it for me. 

Was it really a few months? Thought it was a month and a couple weeks due to my package taking foreva :p.

Oct 30, 2013 at 9:03 AM Post #1,564 of 2,566
I have to agree with Lee's earlier post about how good SE5way with RnB and Rap music. I have been listening some Eminem, 2Pac and Snoop recently, I really feel that it creates a magic with those genres while performing already great with others too.

I have a question though. I started to lose weight, already lost 10 kilos and apparently it keeps on going down (heavy work in the lab + gym). I am aware that my ear canals will eventually change and after some point it will have an effect on my fit. Any guess on how much I will have to pay for remould when the time comes?

Oct 30, 2013 at 9:13 AM Post #1,565 of 2,566
  .... I started to lose weight, already lost 10 kilos and apparently it keeps on going down (heavy work in the lab + gym). I am aware that my ear canals will eventually change and after some point it will have an effect on my fit. Any guess on how much I will have to pay for remould when the time comes?

Just keep eatin' the donuts; it'll work out cheaper!
tongue_smile.gif

Oct 30, 2013 at 9:14 AM Post #1,566 of 2,566
  I have to agree with Lee's earlier post about how good SE5way with RnB and Rap music. I have been listening some Eminem, 2Pac and Snoop recently, I really feel that it creates a magic with those genres while performing already great with others too.

I have a question though. I started to lose weight, already lost 10 kilos and apparently it keeps on going down (heavy work in the lab + gym). I am aware that my ear canals will eventually change and after some point it will have an effect on my fit. Any guess on how much I will have to pay for remould when the time comes?

Listen to tupac on SE5 is super. :p

I don't think ear canal has too much muscle fiber or fat storage space. unless you were too overweight, it shouldn't be a problem. your ears will adjust it just fine.

Oct 30, 2013 at 9:20 AM Post #1,567 of 2,566

Just keep eatin' the donuts; it'll work out cheaper!
tongue_smile.gif

LOL. No mate, I gotta keep my health, I used to be very fat, then lost 45 kilos and became someone normal. Then I came to Belgium for my master and Belgian food made me fat again (not as much as I used to be). Belgian waffles, beers, chocolates, fries etc etc. At the end I decided to start a gym and pay attention to my foot. Apparently it is working
biggrin.gif

Oct 30, 2013 at 9:23 AM Post #1,568 of 2,566
  Listen to tupac on SE5 is super. :p

I don't think ear canal has too much muscle fiber or fat storage space. unless you were too overweight, it shouldn't be a problem. your ears will adjust it just fine.

I wasn't too overweight but I would clearly call myself in "fat" category. Now I am becoming normal again. If everything goes fine and the seal will keep on being just fine, I am not gonna create a scene either. I was just thinking, what if...
happy_face1.gif

Btw, I will most probably get FiiO X5 to pair with SE5way when it becomes available in Eu (around March). I might give impressions and what it adds to Clip+ (RB).

Oct 30, 2013 at 9:43 AM Post #1,569 of 2,566
AmberOZL, Peter from Custom Art told me once that there might be some changes to the shape of the ear canal after you lose weight however they occur only if you lost a lot of weight (let's say 40 kilos).

Oct 30, 2013 at 9:53 AM Post #1,570 of 2,566
AmberOZL, Peter from Custom Art told me once that there might be some changes to the shape of the ear canal after you lose weight however they occur only if you lost a lot of weight (let's say 40 kilos).

I am planning to lose 30 or 35 depends on how I will look and how I feel about myself. So there is a great risk that I might need a remoulding
biggrin.gif
 Anyway it is a part of the game, I knew it before ordering the ciems, if I need a refit, then I will pay for it no biggie. Even with this fact, ciems are way much better for me than universals, the comfort/isolation/sound is just beyond everything. I was just curious how much would it be.

Oct 30, 2013 at 9:56 AM Post #1,571 of 2,566
  I am planning to lose 30 or 35 depends on how I will look and how I feel about myself. So there is a great risk that I might need a remoulding
biggrin.gif
 Anyway it is a part of the game, I knew it before ordering the ciems, if I need a refit, then I will pay for it no biggie. Even with this fact, ciems are way much better for me than universals, the comfort/isolation/sound is just beyond everything. I was just curious how much would it be.

Make sure you do ear press, so you don't lose them gains in your ears :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back