[REVIEW] Sony XBA-1 and XBA-4
Sep 21, 2013 at 6:20 AM Post #151 of 172
  Hi,

But not heavy weight.

Regards

By that you mean it's not as strong? 
confused.gif
 [sorry bout my understanding].

The reason why I asked is because if I recall, the iPhone 5 have a output impedance of more than 1 Ohm so it will for sure weaken the bass and brighten the highs to my experience with my iNano 3rd and it goes extremely loud! If the iPhone 5s offer lighter bass on the XBA-4, I am guessing the output impedance is even higher. [The XBA-4's impedance at the lows is around 6Ohm if I remember]

Sep 30, 2013 at 3:35 AM Post #154 of 172
I have been thoroughly impressed by the XBA-40 despite having IEMs costing a lot more. Fantastic sound and amazing value IMO, although I  didn't like  anything else about it : cord, appearance, fit.
I already pre-ordered the H3 
biggrin.gif

Sep 30, 2013 at 4:01 AM Post #155 of 172
  I have been thoroughly impressed by the XBA-40 despite having IEMs costing a lot more. Fantastic sound and amazing value IMO, although I  didn't like  anything else about it : cord, appearance, fit.
I already pre-ordered the H3 
biggrin.gif

yeeeaaahhhh I was thinking of selling my XBA-4 to a friend and get the H1... worth it? or should I go for M80 as my portable rig? How much should I sell my XBA-4 by the way? really do not know much about used stuff hehe here's no scratch or anything on it... it looks new and I had done some mod to make the vocals stand out so slightly better 

Oct 27, 2013 at 11:57 PM Post #157 of 172
  Can you compare between xba-1 and rockit r-20. Which has the better sound signautre and build quality? I planning to buy an iem and I have difficulty choosing the two.

XBA-1 easily beats R-20 on SQ. Both have a warmish, more mid centric sound, but XBA-1 is more specious and refined.

Oct 28, 2013 at 10:25 AM Post #158 of 172

yeeeaaahhhh I was thinking of selling my XBA-4 to a friend and get the H1... worth it? or should I go for M80 as my portable rig? How much should I sell my XBA-4 by the way? really do not know much about used stuff hehe here's no scratch or anything on it... it looks new and I had done some mod to make the vocals stand out so slightly better 

don't joke please, XBA-4 absolutely top iem if change is to Westone or Shure

Oct 28, 2013 at 3:37 PM Post #159 of 172

XBA-1 easily beats R-20 on SQ. Both have a warmish, more mid centric sound, but XBA-1 is more specious and refined.

Just for fun, I bought a pair of XBA-1iPs this week, for $28. Open box on Amazon. I find them an excellent IEM, especially for that price. I am bumping the bass a bit with Accudio EQ app on my iPhone 5, but wow, I never even thought to buy them but they really are pretty good (need a good seal, of course). Comfy too. I guess if you wait long enough, since they were $99 at the start, you can get some great Sony deals.

Jan 1, 2014 at 11:05 PM Post #165 of 172
I bought the xba1 for 30$, sounds really bad compared to the FXD 80 and XB60EX. Still a good cheap backup IEM.
Bass seemed not there, vocals not as clear as the other two, and treble was mediocre. Kinda expected them to hold up better than they did tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back