[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Sep 22, 2013 at 8:56 PM Post #2,461 of 3,824
Huh, so on a hunch I took the foam out of the nozzles and re-inserted it with the stock filters and the sound signature changed drastically.  Seems the foam was compressed in the nozzle and seriously muffling the sound.

Just something I thought I'd throw out.

Sep 27, 2013 at 1:00 PM Post #2,463 of 3,824
Im not sure if my mind (or my amp) is playing tricks on me but...

I have been listening with a resistor adapter 240 Ohm on the MH1C and using an amp to drive it. I notice the bass quantity have tighten and less mid bass as well. Some might love this kind of sound.

I also notice a darker background and overall quicker decay of the notes which makes it perceived faster and more laid back. For this however, I suspect its also symptom of underamping (?). I'm using iBasso D4 Mamba.

Without the resistor adapter, I could get a good volume at 10-11 o'clock. WITH the resistor adapter, I get the same volume at around 2 o'clock (with less bass and mid bass) which makes me think that the amp is fine. I dont if its really due to underamping but maybe could someone help me explain whether my observations could be true?

Generally I have been testing the resistor adapters on my IEMs and I think they do affect the sound in some way, especially the lows. The thing is, im a noob and I have no science or any form of measurement to prove it.

Sep 27, 2013 at 1:10 PM Post #2,464 of 3,824
I found the same using a 75ohm adapter...bass is a bit tighter and less intrusive and everything just sounds more composed....definitely worth experimenting with low impedance IEMs

Sep 27, 2013 at 9:09 PM Post #2,465 of 3,824
Got the Amazon $19.99 version in black. Quite nice. Doesn't work with my phone correctly, but I just used the included shirt clip to hold the mic button down.

The cable isn't as bad as everyone says. Its just a minor annoyance.

Oct 6, 2013 at 12:56 AM Post #2,472 of 3,824
Hi guys great site and this is my first post

I'm not an absolute headphone enthusiast but I do like my sounds to a point - usually price limiting :)

By pure accident  I was travelling through Heathrow and my Panasonic IEM's packed in so I went into Dixons and had a look for a new set for my journey- by pure luck and without any prior experience I bought a set of Sennheiser CX 300's and they were great and still have them and use them, I also have an Xperia phone and unfortunately the inbox headset isn't that great MC750, now some people received MH1C in the box so I decided to research them here which is what brought me to this huge thread

I took the plunge and ordered a set from Amazon (MH1) and the adaptor total price was 15 quid, so anyway I got to thinking about the ground and mic wiring that is reversed and was wondering if anyone had actually tried opening the mic housing and reconfigure the wires to CTIA (swap ground and Mic) ?  I am experienced in electronics and soldering iron etc but I don't want to break anything like the plastic mic housing - has anyone actually tried opening the casing/housing and done as I am suggesting, the adaptor will of course be fine

I suppose I could change the jack

any thoughts ?

Oct 6, 2013 at 6:23 AM Post #2,475 of 3,824
  Hi guys great site and this is my first post

I'm not an absolute headphone enthusiast but I do like my sounds to a point - usually price limiting :)

By pure accident  I was travelling through Heathrow and my Panasonic IEM's packed in so I went into Dixons and had a look for a new set for my journey- by pure luck and without any prior experience I bought a set of Sennheiser CX 300's and they were great and still have them and use them, I also have an Xperia phone and unfortunately the inbox headset isn't that great MC750, now some people received MH1C in the box so I decided to research them here which is what brought me to this huge thread

I took the plunge and ordered a set from Amazon (MH1) and the adaptor total price was 15 quid, so anyway I got to thinking about the ground and mic wiring that is reversed and was wondering if anyone had actually tried opening the mic housing and reconfigure the wires to CTIA (swap ground and Mic) ?  I am experienced in electronics and soldering iron etc but I don't want to break anything like the plastic mic housing - has anyone actually tried opening the casing/housing and done as I am suggesting, the adaptor will of course be fine

I suppose I could change the jack

any thoughts ?

There is the MH1C which is wired CTIA to start with...

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back