[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Aug 29, 2013 at 12:12 AM Post #2,417 of 3,824
If people are still having a problem with the cables, try this mod - really easy, takes 10 seconds and work exceedingly well.

Essentially I folded the long cable down at the split until the two earpiece cables are the same length, and then tied it down with a flat twist tie.  Make sure to give enough slack so there's only a really gentle bend.  Then, put the shirt clip on the cable directly below that point.

Gives pretty well the exact length you need to wear over ear, no microphonics, no floppy cable, nothing.

Sorry for the crappy pic: 

But it should give you an idea of what I mean.

Aug 29, 2013 at 2:12 AM Post #2,418 of 3,824
Flat cable on sony mh1c- utter nightmare
Flat cable on sony xb90ex - pretty good
Both sony and flat cables...whats goin on lol
Anyways xb90ex almost x3 more but i guess u get what u pay for :)
Ill recommend xb90ex for people who want MUCH BETTER bass and soundstage. Overall its a lot more fun to listen to, but sadly the 120$ price tag is the dealbreaker isnt it :/

Edit: when i mean better bass i mean more and lots more. That 16mm driver can do magic. Not just in bass quantity/kick but also in depth, extension to the point where it feels like an earthquake in your ears literally. Soundstage is also wider.

Aug 30, 2013 at 8:13 AM Post #2,419 of 3,824
Hey everyone,
i just bought this :
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Official-Sony-Ericsson-MH1-BL-LiveSound-Hi-Fi-Headphones-Headset-Black-/360728690335?pt=UK_AudioVisualElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Headphones&hash=item53fd1afe9f

I wanted the older (MH1) version specifically since i have
a Samsung Galaxy S1 and i think this should do.
my question is, does this seem genuine to you guys?
how can i verify it's original when i get it?
i hate noisy cables but with this price i couldn't hesitate :)
thank you....

Aug 30, 2013 at 9:15 AM Post #2,420 of 3,824
Hey everyone,
i just bought this :
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Official-Sony-Ericsson-MH1-BL-LiveSound-Hi-Fi-Headphones-Headset-Black-/360728690335?pt=UK_AudioVisualElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Headphones&hash=item53fd1afe9f

thank you....
It's not the noisy cable... it's the way the cable behaves.

Aug 30, 2013 at 10:42 AM Post #2,421 of 3,824
Quote:
Hey everyone,
i just bought this :

thank you....

If they sound awesome with amazing sub bass you got the real deal, if sound like crap you have fakes. 
biggrin.gif
 (joking of course)
There is no MH1 fakes as far as we know. Enjoy them, at least the sound, I know you'll hate the cable. 
deadhorse.gif

Aug 30, 2013 at 4:23 PM Post #2,422 of 3,824
I just, literally 10 mins ago, purchased a pair of these. Like kind of an impulse thing, shop knocked them down a little... people here seem slightly impressed with them.

They are marked as "Sony MH1C", and in white, so I figure those are the newest ones... Not sure if they are in retail box or not, I suspect they are, but the shop didn't state that.

Paid $22.50 US, €17, £14.50 shipped...

These are the best phones £15 will buy and always will be, right?

Aug 30, 2013 at 10:20 PM Post #2,423 of 3,824
Quote:
I just, literally 10 mins ago, purchased a pair of these. Like kind of an impulse thing, shop knocked them down a little... people here seem slightly impressed with them.

They are marked as "Sony MH1C", and in white, so I figure those are the newest ones... Not sure if they are in retail box or not, I suspect they are, but the shop didn't state that.

Paid $22.50 US, €17, £14.50 shipped...

These are the best phones £15 will buy and always will be, right?

It should be bulk version, the retail is much more expensive. For £15 they are best buy I think.

Aug 31, 2013 at 5:58 AM Post #2,424 of 3,824
I just got these for 8$. Problem is they're the old MH1 omtp model and they don't work with my phone. If I press the middle button the bass comes back into the right earphone otherwise it's non existent.
My question is if there's any diy guide for those adapters I can't seem to find any that ship to my country and are not twice the price of the headset

Aug 31, 2013 at 6:09 AM Post #2,425 of 3,824
Quote:
I just got these for 8$. Problem is they're the old MH1 omtp model and they don't work with my phone. If I press the middle button the bass comes back into the right earphone otherwise it's non existent.
My question is if there's any diy guide for those adapters I can't seem to find any that ship to my country and are not twice the price of the headset

Why don't you just get the one ClieOS linked in the first post http://www.lunashops.co.uk/goods.php?id=1073 - it's $3+$1 for international shipping to all countries

Aug 31, 2013 at 6:22 AM Post #2,426 of 3,824
Oh I didn't realize it's worldwide shipping, my bad

EDIT: On a more thorough listen even if I press that button the balance is still towards the left earphone, the right one is noticeably quieter. Will this go away if I get the adapter or is it simply a defective unit?

Aug 31, 2013 at 3:38 PM Post #2,428 of 3,824
Quote:
 It should be bulk version, the retail is much more expensive. For £15 they are best buy I think.

Ah, I'll just have to wait and see. 
Quote:
The price of this earphone has escalated a lot as a result of huge demand.
So given the current price, with a lower c/p value, it isn't a good idea to get one.

So what would be better value in the £10-£15 range these days?

Aug 31, 2013 at 4:15 PM Post #2,429 of 3,824
Quote:
So what would be better value in the £10-£15 range these days?

As much as I  enjoy the sound of the MH1/MH1C, I prefer the Philips 3580.  The Sony has the edge in absolute sound quality, but the Philips isn't honestly that far off, at least to my ears.  The 3580s also have better ergonomics, better equalization headroom, and a way, way better cable.

Aug 31, 2013 at 4:35 PM Post #2,430 of 3,824
Quote:

As much as I  enjoy the sound of the MH1/MH1C, I prefer the Philips 3580.  The Sony has the edge in absolute sound quality, but the Philips isn't honestly that far off, at least to my ears.  The 3580s also have better ergonomics, better equalization headroom, and a way, way better cable.

IMO 3580 is not even close to the MH1C soundwise. 3580 is just good sounding cheap IEM, while MH1C brings beauty, fun, enjoyment and euphoria to the sound.
O ye and of course the crappiest cable the world ever seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back