[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Apr 9, 2013 at 8:04 PM Post #2,146 of 3,824
Quote:
okay going to give these a second go around, the first pair i had were junk... even with burn-in.  let them play all day and all night for days in the spare room.  ordered the older mh1bl with the sony ericson logo in retail package on amazon; got a omtp/ctia converter.  Let's see...hopefully these are as good as people say.

How long have you been burning them in??? i'll be happy to take them off your hands for cheap. :O

Apr 9, 2013 at 8:19 PM Post #2,147 of 3,824
it was like 11-13 days.... something like that.  did random in my music library, even did pink noise, and white noise.  nada....they were junk.  seriously... i gave them away.  they were awful.... my pair of munitio call of duty iems were better (it was a gift okay...dont judge).  i gave them to my god daughter.....even she said they suck; then again she uses an old pair of mtpc's of mine.

Apr 9, 2013 at 8:29 PM Post #2,148 of 3,824
Quote:
it was like 11-13 days.... something like that.  did random in my music library, even did pink noise, and white noise.  nada....they were junk.  seriously... i gave them away.  they were awful.... my pair of munitio call of duty iems were better (it was a gift okay...dont judge).  i gave them to my god daughter.....even she said they suck; then again she uses an old pair of mtpc's of mine.

Damn that's a lot of burn-in. LoL Let me guess how they sounded like, slow sluggish boomy muddy bass, with barely any treble coming through, and the mids along with the rest of the sonic spectrum is drowned by that big ol' muddy bass, no???

It took me like a week 24/7 on maxed out volume with bass heavy music on my ipods to get them to sing. And like i said the micro drivers on these iems seems to vary a lot. Or may you just got a lemon who knows.......

Apr 9, 2013 at 8:36 PM Post #2,149 of 3,824
yeah thats the risk you take when buying on ebay from a chinese/hong kong based seller.  (no offense meant towards anyone; im half chinese).   so im hoping that since these are the older ones in a retail package they will do fine.  Going to do a burn in with my new super cheap amp that i got for my ultimate david vs goliath portable rig shootout.  

Apr 9, 2013 at 8:40 PM Post #2,150 of 3,824
Quote:
yeah thats the risk you take when buying on ebay from a chinese/hong kong based seller.  (no offense meant towards anyone; im half chinese).   so im hoping that since these are the older ones in a retail package they will do fine.  Going to do a burn in with my new super cheap amp that i got for my ultimate david vs goliath portable rig shootout.  

I don't think those are fakes or anything, but the quality control on these MH1C sure is hell not the best. But did my description match how your "junk" pair sounded like, just want to confirm what you heard that's all.

Apr 9, 2013 at 8:43 PM Post #2,151 of 3,824
Quote:
I don't think those are fakes or anything, but the quality control on these MH1C sure is hell not the best. But did my description match how your "junk" pair sounded like, just want to confirm what you heard that's all.

it was one big mush... bass bled into everywhere.  mids were awful; sounded like i had water stuck in my ear.  Highs? what highs?  

yeah you pretty much nailed it.  

Apr 9, 2013 at 9:23 PM Post #2,152 of 3,824
New to the IEM scene and learning along the way. I've got the "free" stock IEM (EHS64#) that came with the Samsung Note II and happy with it - base is quite good. ClieOS has written up on it and I agree with his opinion. Because of ClieOS great work, I've decided to get on the hype band wagon for these Sony MH1C and have ordered a pair.

Curious to know about the effect of changing different types of tips and the effect it has on the sound. Will initially try the stock tips that come with the MH1C, but people here have mentioned the triple flange, monster flange and shure olives being better.

Steve

Apr 9, 2013 at 9:24 PM Post #2,153 of 3,824
Quote:
it was one big mush... bass bled into everywhere.  mids were awful; sounded like i had water stuck in my ear.  Highs? what highs?  

yeah you pretty much nailed it.  

Welp then there is hope, try to find a DL link to Flying Lotus- Until The Quiet Comes album and burn it in on max volume. I almost gave up like during the 4th day of blasting it with all my other bass heavy albums, but changed it to that album that one night and the next morning what i heard was glorious. LoL

Gimme me a PM if you can't find the DL link to that album. Sharing is caring meng.

Apr 9, 2013 at 9:39 PM Post #2,154 of 3,824
Quote:
Welp then there is hope, try to find a DL link to Flying Lotus- Until The Quiet Comes album and burn it in on max volume. I almost gave up like during the 4th day of blasting it with all my other bass heavy albums, but changed it to that album that one night and the next morning what i heard was glorious. LoL

Gimme me a PM if you can't find the DL link to that album. Sharing is caring meng.

k, will try it....just gotta get those iems from my god daughter back... hopefully she wont mind and not call me an indian giver (once again, no offense to anyone)

Apr 11, 2013 at 6:34 AM Post #2,155 of 3,824
Quote:
How long have you been burning them in??? i'll be happy to take them off your hands for cheap. :O

arent u selling a pair of mh1's?

Apr 11, 2013 at 9:21 AM Post #2,156 of 3,824
Quote:
okay going to give these a second go around, the first pair i had were junk... even with burn-in.  let them play all day and all night for days in the spare room.  ordered the older mh1bl with the sony ericson logo in retail package on amazon; got a omtp/ctia converter.  Let's see...hopefully these are as good as people say.

i have the exact same combo, they sound absolutely spectacular on my computer (x-fi xtrememusic sound card) and good but not spectacular on my unamped clip zip, the only downside is lately ive been suffering the sudden loss of volume on one of the sides that have been reported by other members too. which is frustrating (so far have only happened to me using the zip) =/ 

Apr 13, 2013 at 3:34 AM Post #2,158 of 3,824
Just in case.. Fiio LU1 fix a problem with MH1 and a Lumia 800.

Apr 15, 2013 at 7:18 PM Post #2,160 of 3,824
I received my pair of MH1a, the earphones part from the MW1 bluetooth headset package yesterday. I bought it from a taobao shop who was willing to sell the phones and bluetooth receiver parts separately. I listened to it with a generic Sennheiser 3.5mm extension cable for IEM, from a S:flo2/Arrow G4 combo. Below are my feeling:

Goods:
1. Very good instrument and vocal separation. In my opinion this is the trait of any high quality earphones/speakers. The MH1a is not a high resolution earphones but because it never mix different instruments and vocal together, it gives the listener a clean, dark feeling.
2. Smooth. So far I could not find any vocal recording which I can find sibilance. The MH1a playback is like a photo you take with a DSLR with the multi-frame noise reduction turned on: it removes any noise/sibilance from the background.

Bad:
1. Cables, like everyone has mentioned
2. Cannot take high volume: I think my pair of MH1a hasn't burnt in but it seems that the micro drivers in it cannot take high volume. If I listen at low volume (in mid-night quiet living room), it is an absolutely wonderful earphones. But if I turn up the volume a bit to the similar sound level I would normally listened to outdoor, it sounds "bloat". I suppose this might be why some other people think they have got a bad pair of MH1
3. Proper insertion is a must for good sound: The tips definitely play a big part of the MH1a sound tuning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back