[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Feb 10, 2013 at 4:47 PM Post #1,951 of 3,824
Quote:
Happens to all their remote cabled IEMs. Irritates me no end, it's why my MH1Cs are recabled and the XBA-3 is being sent off to be reshelled.

It's not an isolated thing either. I've have over 6 pairs the MH1C and MH1. Every one of them does this... 

Seriously Sony, step your game up.

Hey!!! Excellent idea!!! I've always wanted to try the recabling option. You know, most things suit my comfort, but trying to coil up the MH1C properly after using them makes me want to smash something to pieces. What was the website for recabling? Thanks

Feb 10, 2013 at 6:40 PM Post #1,952 of 3,824
Quote:

Hey!!! Excellent idea!!! I've always wanted to try the recabling option. You know, most things suit my comfort, but trying to coil up the MH1C properly after using them makes me want to smash something to pieces. What was the website for recabling? Thanks

I did it myself. A couple of the custom makers might also do it. IIRC BTG-audio do an IEM recabling service.

Feb 11, 2013 at 5:57 PM Post #1,955 of 3,824
Don't really see how these could need more bass. :p

I think I solved my channel imbalance issue. Since it's caused by condensation in the shell, I've been using Klipsch tips (they have a really small opening for the nozzle) for about 2 hours and the right channel hasn't dropped volume... Yet.

---

After 6 hours of straight use (haven't taken them off since) the right channel is still working fine. lol

Feb 14, 2013 at 3:41 PM Post #1,956 of 3,824
Quote:
I just bought 4 and will give away as presents 
ksc75smile.gif
   since I just received my back up pair for $27.90 
blink.gif

Don't forget you have 45 days protection from PayPal when you buy thru them, in case it's not legit.

Well, thank G-d for PayPal protection! Never received and have instituted a claim. No wonder they sold them for cheap the cost of goods is ZERO. 
mad.gif

Feb 14, 2013 at 5:29 PM Post #1,960 of 3,824
Quote:
Paypal is awful for sellers. Good for buyers though.

All in all - a joke.

A few years ago I sold a lot on Ebay mostly paid thru PayPal....I never had a problem. If your talking about fees, then perhaps you don't have experience with accepting major Credit Cards?

If PayPal was so bad, I don't think the majority of Audio vendors known to us here on HF would accept it as a form of payment.

But hey, that's why they make vanilla and chocolate flavors.......we are able to have choices ain't life grand!

Feb 14, 2013 at 5:40 PM Post #1,961 of 3,824
Quote:
A few years ago I sold a lot on Ebay mostly paid thru PayPal....I never had a problem. If your talking about fees, then perhaps you don't have experience with accepting major Credit Cards?

If PayPal was so bad, I don't think the majority of Audio vendors known to us here on HF would accept it as a form of payment.

But hey, that's why they make vanilla and chocolate flavors.......we are able to have choices ain't life grand!

Paypal is indeed bad, and it's well known. However, most of the alternatives are not very convenient by comparison. My personal bad experiences with them involve when I was selling things and people raised bogus disputes despite receiving what they bought. One dispute took them 30 days to resolve, so I was out $500 for the month due to that bogus dispute. A second time for $700 with the same circumstances. I was lucky enough to not lose much money. Keep in mind that during those bogus disputes my Paypal account is completely useless as I cannot send any money nor can I receive it. Recently when trying to open an account to pay for some headphones here, I had more problems with them. I'm done with Paypal.

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/nothing/paypal.asp
http://news.cnet.com/2100-1017-842240.html (one source from original link)
Paypal is notorious for holding money without telling anyone anything. There have been several class action lawsuits due to related issues. Just because YOU have not had problems with Paypal personally does not mean Paypal is good.

Why would they ban class action lawsuits? http://www.theverge.com/2012/10/17/3511792/paypal-class-action-suit-ban  Oh right, because people keep filing class action lawsuits due to their scummy business practices.

Paypal - 6430 BBB complaints closed in the last 3 years.
Sennheiser - 15 BBB complaints closed in the last 3 years.

If you don't think that's fair, then here is Google - a company which is used by or has products used by as many people, if not more than Paypal: Google - 1457 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years.

So Paypal has roughly 5x more complaints than Google within the past 3 years. Hmm, wonder why? Simply google "Paypal sucks" and you'll find your answer.

Getting off topic here though. If you'd like to persuade me how great paypal is, feel free to PM me.

Feb 14, 2013 at 5:52 PM Post #1,962 of 3,824
Quote:

So Paypal has roughly 5x more complaints than Google within the past 3 years. Hmm, wonder why? Simply google "Paypal sucks" and you'll find your answer.

The reason I'd wager is PayPal does 50 maybe 100 times more business. More transactions more complaints, comes with the territory. Sounds like PP was unfair to you, that sucks.
Anyway no need to PM.....I'm done.

No doubt Jude will remove our posts.  Hey let's listen to the music better than debating.

Feb 14, 2013 at 8:43 PM Post #1,964 of 3,824
Quote:
Man! As transparent as the MH1C's mids are, the bass has some wicked kick to it. On some tracks, it feels like Mike Tyson in his prime is punching me with one of these:

Lol - too true! Gotta do the rope-a-dope at times!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back