[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Feb 6, 2013 at 3:17 PM Post #1,936 of 3,824
Quote:
 Damn that sucks to hear, but i remember others that reported similar issues but it fixed itself after a day or couple of hours of not using it. Hey they are $20 iems after all...

No  it' NOT a $20 earphone. It's an $80 earphone and the fact that some people got their hands on bulk packages that they are selling for a discount doesn't give Sony an excuse for producing crap. 

Feb 6, 2013 at 4:07 PM Post #1,938 of 3,824
Quote:
No  it' NOT a $20 earphone. It's an $80 earphone and the fact that some people got their hands on bulk packages that they are selling for a discount doesn't give Sony an excuse for producing crap. 

They are $20-30 because that's market price but no price is an excuse for failure. That said, try removing the tips and then the stick on nozzle filters by lifting and edge with a pin and peal it off. Put the tips back on and listen if both sides are similar volume.

Feb 6, 2013 at 5:01 PM Post #1,939 of 3,824
Quote:
They are $20-30 because that's market price but no price is an excuse for failure. That said, try removing the tips and then the stick on nozzle filters by lifting and edge with a pin and peal it off. Put the tips back on and listen if both sides are similar volume.

Actually, my MH1c's do "reset" and function fine after I leave them for a time. It's just that, 2 nights in a row, halfway through a long walk the left side simply stopped working. I really like the sound of these and it pisses me off that they are essentially useless (since I can't count on them). 

PS. I tried leaving them running for a couple of hours without wearing them and, under those conditions, they worked fine. 

Feb 6, 2013 at 5:08 PM Post #1,940 of 3,824
PS. What's so infuriating is that it's like Sony invented a new kind of  malfunction just to plague these IEMs and make the point that, you never get something for nothing. Seriously who has ever heard of this kind of malfunction. It's absurd. 

Feb 6, 2013 at 5:40 PM Post #1,941 of 3,824
Quote:
PS. What's so infuriating is that it's like Sony invented a new kind of  malfunction just to plague these IEMs and make the point that, you never get something for nothing. Seriously who has ever heard of this kind of malfunction. It's absurd. 

Happens to all their remote cabled IEMs. Irritates me no end, it's why my MH1Cs are recabled and the XBA-3 is being sent off to be reshelled.

It's not an isolated thing either. I've have over 6 pairs the MH1C and MH1. Every one of them does this... 

Seriously Sony, step your game up.

Feb 6, 2013 at 6:35 PM Post #1,942 of 3,824
Happens to all their remote cabled IEMs. Irritates me no end, it's why my MH1Cs are recabled and the XBA-3 is being sent off to be reshelled.

It's not an isolated thing either. I've have over 6 pairs the MH1C and MH1. Every one of them does this... 

Seriously Sony, step your game up.

My volume randomly goes up and down. Where did you get yours re-cabled at? I'd like to re-cable mine with my extra IE8 cable.

Feb 6, 2013 at 7:42 PM Post #1,944 of 3,824
My volume randomly goes up and down. Where did you get yours re-cabled at? I'd like to re-cable mine with my extra IE8 cable.

It's not that bad if you are handy. Soldering the wires and keeping them apart in your new heat skink is the hardest part. I may redo mine again just for fun.

Feb 8, 2013 at 6:52 AM Post #1,947 of 3,824
Quote:
Thanks ClieOS, I've got one pair, it sounds great for its price even 200 bucks, but I find that the ear tips not comfort, so can u recommend which tips are the most soft and comfort for me? thanks

A softer eartips with about the same shape will be the normal Sony Hybrid. The nozzle diameter of MH1 isn't typical so many eartips simply won't fit well.

Feb 10, 2013 at 3:22 PM Post #1,949 of 3,824
Guys is there any on-ears with same smooth, sweet and awesome signature as MH1C? Thank you.

Feb 10, 2013 at 4:41 PM Post #1,950 of 3,824
Quote:
Guys is there any on-ears with same smooth, sweet and awesome signature as MH1C? Thank you.

Sony XBA-30. Sounds just like a hi-fi version of these MH1C. Bass is tighter with better definition, liquid honey mids, and treble that is just as smooth but better extension/resolution. Soundstage/imaging is much better too since it's a BA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back