[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Dec 3, 2012 at 3:15 PM Post #1,381 of 3,824
Quote:

eek.gif

I've only heard the MW1 version, but they didn't strike me as such extreme bass monsters.

That also depends on your hearing. Me and a couple of friends were watching a movie when i suddenly starter hearing (or to put it in better terms feeling) a very deep subbass sound, so i asked the house owner if he knew what the ***** was the cause of this sound. When both of my friends replied with "What sound" i thought they were joking. Turns out it was the sound of a ship going into a port that wasn't even near the house. Maybe you are as deaf as they are :p.

Jokes aside, they do have allot of subbass, and they go down to almost 10hz without showing any mercy whatsoever. The fact that they can go that low is nice, the quantity isn't.

Dec 3, 2012 at 4:02 PM Post #1,382 of 3,824
Quote:
Jokes aside, they do have allot of subbass, and they go down to almost 10hz without showing any mercy whatsoever. The fact that they can go that low is nice, the quantity isn't.

Well, maybe the music I tried them with didn't have much going on at 10Hz. Can't remember exactly what it was, but probably some folk-rock, jazz and classical. Didn't have them for long, so maybe I forgot to try them with hip-hop and electronica.

Dec 3, 2012 at 8:02 PM Post #1,384 of 3,824
Quote:
Wearing these over-the ear gives me the Seal of Death. Hello new gym/running 'phones.

I really gotta look into that.
I have found out how to get a better seal than before; if you clip the 'phones onto your shift collar right below your left ear and make sure for the right earphone you have enough slack, the cables should not tug down too much. I wouldn't say this way of fitting is suitable for gym but it's better than before.

Dec 3, 2012 at 8:15 PM Post #1,386 of 3,824
One thing I have to say is I love the tips of the MH1C.  I even made my own hybird with them, I took my old comply tips pushed out the cone in the middle and cut smaller and placed over the inner cone of the MH1C tips and it sounds fantastic plus good isolation with my IE8 :D

Dec 4, 2012 at 8:57 AM Post #1,388 of 3,824

Recieved mh1c today.. first impression... getting it comfortably in your ears is difficult. Cord is pathetic.:banghead: I have brainwavz m1 and vsonic gr02 bass edition. they are way more comfortable.
Sound wise they are definitely not bass heavy.. quantity is lower than gr02. But quality is superior specially sub bass.. all other spectrum are awesome way better than other 2 and the best I've heard so far. Soundstage is very good. Rock songs sound heaven:confused:. definitely worth Rs 1400 or 28$ I've spent on earphones.. wish they could be more comfortable :)
Sent from my GT-I9100

Dec 4, 2012 at 10:19 AM Post #1,389 of 3,824
Try tip rolling? Hopefully you will find the right one to get the seal of death Selenium speak of : ) I share the same experience, the isolation and lock is probably the best I have had. It adds the whole immersive and musical experience.

Quote:
Ok, as much as I love these MH1Cs they are probably just not the right IEM for me. I really really do love the sound that they produce, and musicality of it all and the vibrancy. But I am only able to hear this when I'm in a still position, and that is ever rarely. Despite the the shirt clip, and the using it as an over ear design, it still keeps on falling out of my ears. I use my IEMs on the go, and these IEMs just won't let me move without coming out. So as much as I love them I may trade them or sell them, I could always keep them just to say I have them, which I'm kind of considering, but I don't see the point in it just lying around when it could be used by someone who may suit it.
Unfortunately I can't make a listing for some reason so if you are interested please PM or something, 
I'm thinking of the CKS77 and FX3X as trades with extra cash perhaps, but we'll see if anyone bites first haha!

If only this IEM came with the perfect cord! I would keep it in a heartbeat!

Dec 4, 2012 at 10:52 AM Post #1,390 of 3,824
Quote:
Recieved mh1c today.. first impression... getting it comfortably in your ears is difficult. Cord is pathetic.:banghead: I have brainwavz m1 and vsonic gr02 bass edition. they are way more comfortable.
Sound wise they are definitely not bass heavy.. quantity is lower than gr02. But quality is superior specially sub bass.. all other spectrum are awesome way better than other 2 and the best I've heard so far. Soundstage is very good. Rock songs sound heaven:confused:. definitely worth Rs 1400 or 28$ I've spent on earphones.. wish they could be more comfortable
smily_headphones1.gif

Sent from my GT-I9100

Cord fix:

Dec 4, 2012 at 10:53 AM Post #1,391 of 3,824
Got me a pair yesterday.

Their strong suit is a pleasant tuning. I will have to observe them some more because there's a really weird thing going on.
The frequency response is definitely warm, but the overall sound does not sound dark but actually just comforting. Although these have an elevated bass it sounds a bit too smooth and punch is lacking.

Burning them in now and will get back to them in a few days.

So far I don't think these are killer-phones but definitely much better than anything else I've heard that had a budget tag. But rival 100$ 'phones? I am not yet convinced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back