[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Nov 14, 2012 at 6:20 PM Post #992 of 3,824
Quote:
Just wanted to share a little experience I had with my MH1C last night, but I need to give you some background first.

I'm working towards my Pharm. D, and I mean it when I say working. Though the course content is not really difficult, the sheer amount of time you have to put into it to stay afloat can really be taxing sometimes. My professors, while nice, tend to have the bad habit of scheduling all their exams back to back to back, so I can end up with 5 or 6 tests in the course of a week.

Last night I was in the library and I found myself almost going crazy thinking about everything I had to do, while trying to study for the test I had this morning. So, I pulled out my MH1C and put on a playlist of my favorite Opera pieces. I thought the bass was too much, so I just put on the iphone's stock bass reducer EQ. I instantly got lost in the music.

I played Mozart's Magic Flute, Bizet's Carmen, and Orff's Carmina Burana

All this time, I had my head down on the desk, cupped in my massive biceps. When I finally raised my head, I was shocked to find myself back in the library. 

Just an example of the power of music, and how a great value like the MH1C can make it even better.

How massive? Haha

Quote:
So I tried my mh1c on a colleague's ipod touch and still no go on the buttons.  It didn't even do the random volume thing!  Do I buy another pair assuming I got a dud (they work fine as just headphones in my C3 so no sense sending them back) or are they really iDevice unfriendly?  I'll be on the lookout for anyone else with one to test on tomorrow but didn't see any today.

I wore them to work and back (half hour walk) and had no issues with them falling out and the microphonics were bearable without the clip - guess I should be thinking about burning them in properly...

The buttons dont' work for me and are horrendous. iPhone 4S here

Nov 14, 2012 at 6:29 PM Post #993 of 3,824
Guys i am interest in buying this but such headphones are widely faked all the time.
Many of you bought them from amazon from total digital seller. the same seller is in ebay and sells the same headphones.. one item for 15.5 gbp and one item for 30gbp.. i sent him a message.. what do you think?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360455401671
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-SONY-MH1C-SMART-HEADSET-WITH-SMARTKEY-CONTROLLER-FOR-SONY-XPERIA-BLACK-MH1C-/400310297260?pt=UK_Mobile_Home_Phones_Bluetooth_Acc_ET&hash=item5d345a62ac

Nov 14, 2012 at 6:34 PM Post #994 of 3,824
Guys i am interest in buying this but such headphones are widely faked all the time.
Many of you bought them from amazon from total digital seller. the same seller is in ebay and sells the same headphones.. one item for 15.5 gbp and one item for 30gbp.. i sent him a message.. what do you think?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360455401671
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-SONY-MH1C-SMART-HEADSET-WITH-SMARTKEY-CONTROLLER-FOR-SONY-XPERIA-BLACK-MH1C-/400310297260?pt=UK_Mobile_Home_Phones_Bluetooth_Acc_ET&hash=item5d345a62ac

hummm that's interesting since I bought it form them too.. maybe a different packaging? bulk and retail? People said there are no fakes.

Nov 14, 2012 at 6:54 PM Post #996 of 3,824
Thanks for confirming no-go with iphone guys, what a shame.

@ Angelopsaro - I bought a pair from them on Amazon on Sunday for cheaper than either of your ebay links (these), they were waiting at home for me on Tuesday so can't complain and they sound too good to be fakes.   As for paying double for the B version with a longer description I have no idea!

Nov 14, 2012 at 7:15 PM Post #998 of 3,824
Quote:
these sound ridiculously good.... pretty much beating out my Miles Davis Tributes.... but oh my gawd the design is awful for me.....

Sheesh.... I just bought a pair off amazon uk for $25. I lost my Miles Davis Tributes and absolutely loved them. Decided I should invest into cheap portable earphones and invest the big bucks into some cans instead.

But damn I loved those Miles David Tributes! I hope these earphones aren't just hype... but then again, it's only $25 so it's a good bet that these will blow my low expectations out of the water.

look forward to the listen.

Nov 14, 2012 at 7:18 PM Post #999 of 3,824

@ Angelopsaro - I bought a pair from them on Amazon on Sunday for cheaper than either of your ebay links (these
ir

), they were waiting at home for me on Tuesday so can't complain and they sound too good to be fakes.   As for paying double for the B version with a longer description I have no idea!

was it in the retail package?

Nov 14, 2012 at 7:22 PM Post #1,000 of 3,824
Quote:
Nice illustration bro, could help someone out there. Im satisfied with the straight down left ear and over the neck+straight down for right. Shirt clip is pretty much compulsory for these..

When I first read about straight-down and over-ear I was like
. Seeing some pictures helped me a lot, so I thought I return that favor to some potential newcomers here.
Personally, I just can't get warmed up to those clip-thingies, so over-ear is my preferred way from now on. Though I might have to revise that, once I get my XB90EX next week
rolleyes.gif

Nov 14, 2012 at 7:25 PM Post #1,001 of 3,824
Quote:

@ Angelopsaro - I bought a pair from them on Amazon on Sunday for cheaper than either of your ebay links (these), they were waiting at home for me on Tuesday so can't complain and they sound too good to be fakes.   As for paying double for the B version with a longer description I have no idea!

The amazon seller you attach is the same seller on ebay.. And he does the same thing on amazon as well.. One item for the price you paid.. and one item here for a lot more

EDIT: And again the same thing on their own website

Nov 14, 2012 at 7:36 PM Post #1,002 of 3,824
Quote:
When I first read about straight-down and over-ear I was like
. Seeing some pictures helped me a lot, so I thought I return that favor to some potential newcomers here.
Personally, I just can't get warmed up to those clip-thingies, so over-ear is my preferred way from now on. Though I might have to revise that, once I get my XB90EX next week
rolleyes.gif

Mate, for some reason, that over the ear thing works so bloody well. I was doing some chores with the MH1Cs on and they were outright pissing me off. They won't stay in for more then 2minutes. So Then I tried your over ear thing, I must say, it works like a charm!
The only problem I have is that its not as fast as putting on, as straight down is. (is it me or am I lazy)

Is there any tips that won't come out of my ears and will fit on the MH1Cs? 
The only other tips I got are from the R1, and I tried those double flanges too. They don't work either.

Nov 14, 2012 at 8:06 PM Post #1,003 of 3,824
Mate, for some reason, that over the ear thing works so bloody well. I was doing some chores with the MH1Cs on and they were outright pissing me off. They won't stay in for more then 2minutes. So Then I tried your over ear thing, I must say, it works like a charm!
The only problem I have is that its not as fast as putting on, as straight down is. (is it me or am I lazy)

Is there any tips that won't come out of my ears and will fit on the MH1Cs? 

The only other tips I got are from the R1, and I tried those double flanges too. They don't work either.

Do it a couple of times and it becomes second nature. Also the cable seems to have bit of a memory effect, so it gets easy to sling them over.
Also try a different tip size if you use them over-ear. Sometimes there is a noticeable difference in fit/seal when changing between the two styles :)

Nov 14, 2012 at 8:12 PM Post #1,004 of 3,824
Love these so much. I agree over-ear works great. Have worn these my last three workouts with no problem at all. Sound so great I even workout longer since enjoying my music so much. Trying to get massive biceps too :p lol.

Nov 14, 2012 at 8:17 PM Post #1,005 of 3,824
Quote:

Sheesh.... I just bought a pair off amazon uk for $25. I lost my Miles Davis Tributes and absolutely loved them. Decided I should invest into cheap portable earphones and invest the big bucks into some cans instead.

But damn I loved those Miles David Tributes! I hope these earphones aren't just hype... but then again, it's only $25 so it's a good bet that these will blow my low expectations out of the water.

look forward to the listen.

Yeah, I absolutely love my Tributes, but one of the strain reliefs just gave out... matter of time before they don't work :/ glad I came by these in time ^^, but yeah as of now I honestly think these are comparable. 

oh but keep in mind the sonys are difficult to drive

Users who are viewing this thread

Back