[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Nov 11, 2012 at 4:22 AM Post #841 of 3,824
Quote:
To me the GR07 do have better isolation with the large hybird tips.   I find the sound of the GRO7 more bolder then the MH1.  On my Sony X1060 the clear bass was most of the time at 0 and at times 1+ with the GR07.  But with the MH1 I have to boost the clear bass as I find it too thin sounding and lacking bass at flat.   

Hmm, you must definitely have bad seal with MH1C then. Because Vsonic GR07 have no way more bass than the MH1C. Yeah, the have more detailed, controlled and quick bass, but the ammount and "punchness" is not so high. When I was listening to GR07s at home, I felt everything was ok, bass included. But when I tried them outside on the go, the bass almost disappeared owing the averagne isolation.

Nov 11, 2012 at 1:09 PM Post #843 of 3,824
Anybody else think these don't go well with Rock and Metal music?  I find the Mids and the trebles sound harsh with metal music with the MH1.  The mids on these are bit too forward for my taste but sounds good when turning the mids (2.5 on the X-series) down by a -1.   

Nov 11, 2012 at 1:13 PM Post #844 of 3,824
Quote:
Anybody else think these don't go well with Rock and Metal music?  I find the Mids and the trebles sound harsh with metal music with the MH1.  The mids on these are bit too forward for my taste but sounds good when turning the mids (2.5 on the X-series) down by a -1.   

Did your MH1C burned by over 300 hours? It does a considerable change on mids and treble..I find it good for thrash metal, particularly with cowboys from hell and other pantera stuff, they perform great. Even though vocals sound a bit harsh for me, who cares vocals for metal though :p Harding a perfect one is very hard for metal imo, personal preference comes in the way, I like the deep punch of drums and sweet cymbals on these , they might go somewhat too bright on heavy solos, but overall not bad, the good bass hump compensates it for me.

Nov 11, 2012 at 1:37 PM Post #845 of 3,824
Quote:
Did your MH1C burned by over 300 hours? It does a considerable change on mids and treble..I find it good for thrash metal, particularly with cowboys from hell and other pantera stuff, they perform great. Even though vocals sound a bit harsh for me, who cares vocals for metal though :p Harding a perfect one is very hard for metal imo, personal preference comes in the way, I like the deep punch of drums and sweet cymbals on these , they might go somewhat too bright on heavy solos, but overall not bad, the good bass hump compensates it for me.

I just recieved them yesterday only manage to burn it for a few hours.  But will try and burn them for longer.  

But will burning make the treble highs settle down a bit?

Nov 11, 2012 at 2:10 PM Post #848 of 3,824
Agree bowie, if there is any change in these (i have 4 sets) its in literally the first 30-45 mins and its very minimal if its is just a taming of the bass.  2 out of the 4 sets behaved like this and the other performed at peak direct from box.   I now have sets at 0  50 150 and 200 hours burn, absolutely no difference.

On thing I have noticed that is strange for me is how easily I fall asleep with these, in other phones i lie in bed and fidget with tracks and generally awake for about an hour.  With the MH1 im asleep within 15 mins.  Something I credit the laid back non offensive treble for along with how lush vocals are presented.  

Im going out on a limb here and saying these are my favourite iem ever.

Nov 11, 2012 at 2:12 PM Post #849 of 3,824
Quote:
Agree bowie, if there is any change in these (i have 4 sets) its in literally the first 30-45 mins and its very minimal if its is just a taming of the bass.  2 out of the 4 sets behaved like this and the other performed at peak direct from box.   I now have sets at 0  50 150 and 200 hours burn, absolutely no difference.

On thing I have noticed that is strange for me is how easily I fall asleep with these, in other phones i lie in bed and fidget with tracks and generally awake for about an hour.  With the MH1 im asleep within 15 mins.  Something I credit the laid back non offensive treble for along with how lush vocals are presented.  

Im going out on a limb here and saying these are my favourite iem ever.

In terms of bass taming, I will agree but that stopped after 2-3 hours for me. 

Nov 11, 2012 at 2:18 PM Post #850 of 3,824
Quote:

So what you are saying is that the mh1c's have such a boring sound signature that they put you to sleep. Interesting!
tongue_smile.gif
wink.gif

Nov 11, 2012 at 2:19 PM Post #851 of 3,824
Quote:
Burn for 300 hours? Now we are starting to get ridiculous. 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/632892/review-sony-mh1-the-best-kept-secret/420#post_8831193

I have 2 MH1Cs one 300+ hours burned-in and another one 100+ hours burned in and there was a noticable difference between them, dont draw conclusions without experimenting it yourself mr.genius

Nov 11, 2012 at 2:25 PM Post #853 of 3,824
Quote:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/632892/review-sony-mh1-the-best-kept-secret/420#post_8831193

I have 2 MH1Cs one 300+ hours burned-in and another one 100+ hours burned in and there was a noticable difference between them, dont draw conclusions without experimenting it yourself mr.genius

I was only making a general statement. Now I could be wrong but the majority of these burn in's past a certain amount of hours, generally around 60, are completely placebo based where the brain tricks itself to thinking that.

Nov 11, 2012 at 2:27 PM Post #854 of 3,824
Nov 11, 2012 at 2:31 PM Post #855 of 3,824
Quote:
I was only making a general statement. Now I could be wrong but the majority of these burn in's past a certain amount of hours, generally around 60, are completely placebo based where the brain tricks itself to thinking that.

Hmm..many people opine the same on burn-in, I used to believe the same before this change on MH1C. I put my IEMs to burn-in for like sessions of 20 hours continuous on pink, white noises etc keeping them in a box .. So when I listen to these back, I can notice a change more consistently in smoothing out mids, treble and bass being more deep and punching. I can say burn-in is a placebo for all other IEMs Ive heard till now. However, I can notice the change with A/Bing with my other MH1C.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back