[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Nov 7, 2012 at 1:44 AM Post #706 of 3,824
Jumped on this bandwagon a few weeks ago and very glad I did!  Thanks Clieos, again!  Only just got them in the mail and straight out of the wrapper they sound easily worth the $24 I paid.  However, seems like my ear canals are slightly between the large and medium tips (medium tips gives longer insertion but not sure if it sounds better, as the seal may not be as good).  I agree that the cord is painful to work with, and I wish the remote was not so close to the left ear piece.  Bass is good but still a little one note boomy at the moment - hope it settles down a little.  Don't normally put much faith in "burn-in", but willing to give anything a go.  At the moment I think I like them better than my Vsonic gr02's bass editions - their bass bleeds a little too much into the other frequencies.  I think I like them better than all my canaphones that cost less than $100.  Have a pair of UE superfi 5pro that give them a run for their money, though.  Have always liked those phones.....

Nov 7, 2012 at 8:24 AM Post #711 of 3,824
jeez!

I've been trying a lot longer than I would for any other IEM to get an over ear fit, but the left one simply don't let me. Is there a way that plastic control could be removed? I doubt it but you never know..

Nov 7, 2012 at 8:32 AM Post #712 of 3,824
Quote:
jeez!

I've been trying a lot longer than I would for any other IEM to get an over ear fit, but the left one simply don't let me. Is there a way that plastic control could be removed? I doubt it but you never know..

Change the whole cable

Nov 7, 2012 at 12:29 PM Post #714 of 3,824
I think I'm going to buy these as I can't see any other competitos under 60$ bu there is a problem.
I have been looking in many places but I can't find the answer. Do you know if Samsung Galaxy S Plus needs OMTP version or CTIA standart ? 
I can't buy them unless I know the right version.

Nov 7, 2012 at 1:19 PM Post #715 of 3,824
Got mine yesterday. Have been very impressed with it so far, sounds good out of the box to me. Ofcourse, the cable and the j-cord even though not convenient is not a deal breaker for me since I'm going to be using these mainly for desk listening at the office and stick to my M4's or M50s elsewhere. Thanks for the great recco Head-fi !

Nov 7, 2012 at 1:25 PM Post #716 of 3,824
Seems I have the MH1c and that one is incompatible with Xperia phones. Need to order me another one :).

I have a semi-fix for the cable.

I wear it over the ear, behind the neck but before putting in the right earpiece I go over the cable that is hanging downwards.
That way microphonics are no longer an issue and wear-comfort is very much improved.

On my Clip+ it sounds wide but on my iBasso D4 it has more depth and less width.

Nov 7, 2012 at 3:07 PM Post #717 of 3,824
Well i own both the Gr07 and the MH1C and i can say that when comparing the two the sony's feel kinda slow and off sounding. For me it doesn't hit the timbre quite right with rock music. Altough with most rap and some dubstep i prefer the sony's because the Vsonic's give out more of the mosly bad reproduced music. Trebles are mostly pretty overemphasized and the sony's present it quite a bit less actually. However i still think the MH1C are of insane value and should be picked up by anyone using and android phone as that was my biggest gripe about the vsonic's.

Hope it helped :)

Nov 7, 2012 at 3:28 PM Post #718 of 3,824
Quote:
No, I just have the MKII

That iem would probably be the XBA-3 for you. Although, it has less sub-bass than the GR07, it has a very wholesome mid-bass that actually compliments the mids instead of suppressing it. It's definitely in the top 10 iems I've heard.

[size=11pt]Thanks for suggestion…XBA-3 is little over my budget but I could [size=11pt]possibly [/size]sell D2K to fund it….how good is isolation on XBA[/size]

Nov 7, 2012 at 4:11 PM Post #719 of 3,824
Quote:

[size=11pt]Thanks for suggestion…XBA-3 is little over my budget but I could [size=11pt]possibly [/size]sell D2K to fund it….how good is isolation on XBA[/size]

I never got around to using them outside so I couldn't really say.

Nov 7, 2012 at 4:11 PM Post #720 of 3,824
Seems I have the MH1c and that one is incompatible with Xperia phones. Need to order me another one :).

It's compatible, just probably not with older models......need to Google which jack type yours uses. Works perfectly with Xperia S.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back