[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Nov 6, 2012 at 4:24 AM Post #646 of 3,824
These are very much durable, designed very well, tangle free, a little microphonic though. They might last long. Read the reviews build quality section for more details, ClieOS mentioned them to be vastly durable

Nov 6, 2012 at 4:40 AM Post #647 of 3,824
These are pretty darn good! The only issue is that they don't play the best with poorly recorded vocals, imo - but that's not entirely the mh1's fault.

Also, am I the only one digging the j-cord? Its awesome!

Nov 6, 2012 at 9:21 AM Post #653 of 3,824
Quote:
I don't mind it at all, on top of that I quite like the ribbon cable as well
eek.gif

hah, same here...I personally think this is a very well built cable, and that the j-cable is just something to get used to. However...I just tried the following, and it works out great. 

Quote:
you can also achieve this without any tape by clipping a loop of the longer side (the right side) into the shirt clip. you can still use the clip afterwards for clipping onto shirt etc too.

My only issue right now is that the controls don't work with my iphone 4S...

Nov 6, 2012 at 10:15 AM Post #654 of 3,824
Stopped reading here...

+1
A properly encoded 320 kbps lossy file is very hard to differentiate between flac. Ive done it, with folbar abx but i wasnt able to tell which was which. I was able to tell that track x fit with a and what not as they sounded different but nothing bad

Nov 6, 2012 at 10:17 AM Post #655 of 3,824
The only difference I could hear was a slightly reduced soundstage.

Nov 6, 2012 at 10:31 AM Post #658 of 3,824
Quote:
+1
A properly encoded 320 kbps lossy file is very hard to differentiate between flac. Ive done it, with folbar abx but i wasnt able to tell which was which. I was able to tell that track x fit with a and what not as they sounded different but nothing bad

Hmm..I heard many thrash metal albums, they sound complete with my clipzip+MH1C only with FLAC tracks, 320 was just like missing a lot of notes(atleast quality was comparitively a lot less), and they are encoded well too. I tried with kreator- enemy of god, exodus- bonded by blood, megadeth - rust in peace and many more, they all sound complete with flac rather than with 320, it also due to thrash metal having the most riffs, beats, notes and nuances than any other genre so that we can differentiate the change easily...Didnt try other genres yet, but to my listening preference, FLAC gives a lot more quality and detailing than 320..

Nov 6, 2012 at 10:39 AM Post #659 of 3,824
I absolutely hated the J-cord at first but I've learned to live/kinda love it. I measure out the center, bud to bud, and place the clip there and run it over the back of my neck, then I clip it to the back of my collar. It stays in place nicely and I don't even notice it anymore. The only slight issue is that the control-heavy side will occasionally cause me to lose the seal if I turn my head too much. Definitely loving these things.

Nov 6, 2012 at 10:44 AM Post #660 of 3,824
I run my mh1-c on a Galaxy S(Vibrant, US T-mobile), ALL buttons play/pause on press, skip tracks on long press (via powerplay). Mic works just fine though.

Vibrant uses CTIA standard, which is different from the OMTP standard on regular version of Galaxy S.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back