[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Nov 3, 2012 at 10:41 AM Post #482 of 3,824
Well my MH1C's are out for delivery so a little later today I'll get to see what all the hypes about but I do expect them to be pretty good.

Nov 3, 2012 at 11:02 AM Post #483 of 3,824
Well my MH1C's are out for delivery so a little later today I'll get to see what all the hypes about but I do expect them to be pretty good.

Looking forward to your thoughts on them. Pretty sure you will be happy about everything except the cable.

They are really good for electronic music as well. :D

Nov 3, 2012 at 11:05 AM Post #484 of 3,824
Quote:
lol, when I bought my pair for $21.00 this ebay member had sold 111 pairs. Today five days later and 171 pairs sold he's put the price up to $26.99
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/170876113045?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
wink.gif

That seller first put the price up $24.99 yesterday and 26.99 today.I guess it will keep going up

Nov 3, 2012 at 11:46 AM Post #485 of 3,824
Quote:
Looking forward to your thoughts on them. Pretty sure you will be happy about everything except the cable.
They are really good for electronic music as well.
biggrin.gif

I see you have the EPH-100, how would you compare them to the MH1?

Nov 3, 2012 at 11:56 AM Post #486 of 3,824
I see you have the EPH-100, how would you compare them to the MH1?

The sound is fuller with bigger stage and more forward bass response, more loose as well considering the different driver.

I would also say that the sound feels quite a bit more sluggish comparing to the EPH.

Nov 3, 2012 at 12:30 PM Post #487 of 3,824
Well I don't like that word sluggish, I like my drivers to have a decent amount of speed and being a dynamic micro driver you'd think the Sony would be as fast as the EPH.  At least is doesn't seem like it hurts the SQ though listening to edm you would like a quick driver but the RE262 wasn't the fastest and it worked pretty well with edm as does the Tandem (I'm really liking the Tandem a lot now).

Nov 3, 2012 at 12:31 PM Post #488 of 3,824
Triple flanges work great on them too.

can you just recommend a link to these triple flanges that you use ?

Nov 3, 2012 at 12:40 PM Post #489 of 3,824
Quote:

can you just recommend a link to these triple flanges that you use ?

Im using these clear tips for my white MH1C and meelec triple flanges for my black MH1C.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180904187294&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

You can try buying meelectronics triple flanges :

http://www.meelec.com/category_s/377.htm

Large : http://www.meelec.com/MEElectronics_Eartips_p/ts3-tf-l-35-bk.htm
Small : http://www.meelec.com/MEElectronics_Eartips_p/ts3-tf-s-35-bk.htm

Those are 3 pair, you can get one pair too, its costly there since shipping takes 8$. You can search around the net if you can find 4mm diameter triple flanges and buy them.

Ebay store of Meelec has a reasonable price on this :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MEElectronics-Eartips-for-Sports-Fi-S6-M6-M6P-A161P-A151-earphones-Black-/130745455297?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item1e710952c1

Triple flanges make the MH1C most comfortable for me, isolation, comfort, fit are all great with the large triple flanges

Nov 3, 2012 at 12:45 PM Post #490 of 3,824
Well I don't like that word sluggish, I like my drivers to have a decent amount of speed and being a dynamic micro driver you'd think the Sony would be as fast as the EPH.  At least is doesn't seem like it hurts the SQ though listening to edm you would like a quick driver but the RE262 wasn't the fastest and it worked pretty well with edm as does the Tandem (I'm really liking the Tandem a lot now).

Sorry for using the word sluggish mate, but thats what it sounds like to me.

It just seems to be more tight and responsive with the EPH-100s.

Even though there isn't as much bass as there is with the MH1s.

Nov 3, 2012 at 12:52 PM Post #491 of 3,824
I know what you mean, like I said the RE262 wasn't the fast driver either and they sound rather good with edm and other fast paced music.

Nov 3, 2012 at 12:57 PM Post #492 of 3,824
I've spent all morning with my MH1C. I used a piece of clear tape to cover up the bass vent at the top of the iem.

Good God! Imagine the MH1C with even more detail, speed and clarity. The mid bass takes a few steps back, while the sub-bass remains relatively unchanged. Here we have the glorious mids being showcased, and the treble comes forward to strut its stuff.

Now I can definitely say that my GR07 is only 5-15% ahead in terms of detail resolution. The MH1C definitely wins in soundstage depth and sub-bass power.

If the MH1C was an 8 out of 10 before, it's now a 9.5. TRY IT OUT!

I've also switched back to the GR07 singles. With the vent covered, there's a bit of a vacuum now. Every time I tried to pull out the triples, I felt like it was pulling out my ear drums along with it.

Nov 3, 2012 at 1:04 PM Post #493 of 3,824
Quote:
I've spent all morning with my MH1C. I used a piece of clear tape to cover up the bass vent at the top of the iem.

Good God! Imagine the MH1C with even more detail, speed and clarity. The mid bass takes a few steps back, while the sub-bass remains relatively unchanged. Here we have the glorious mids being showcased, and the treble comes forward to strut its stuff.

Now I can definitely say that my GR07 is only 5-15% ahead in terms of detail resolution. The MH1C definitely wins in soundstage depth and sub-bass power.

When will these little gems stop to amaze us?!? 
biggrin.gif

Eke, I'll definitely try your mod later... 

Nov 3, 2012 at 1:25 PM Post #494 of 3,824
Quote:

I've also switched back to the GR07 singles. With the vent covered, there's a bit of a vacuum now. Every time I tried to pull out the triples, I felt like it was pulling out my ear drums along with it.

bigsmile_face.gif
Yup, better to try tape first to case it out before sealing them up like I did. It's not just an amplitude thing either. Bass is tighter as well. I'm surprised the sub bass is still there. I had no choice. I wouldn't have used them as stock but that's me. Couldn't be easier to adjust and now I'm considering a backup while they're still this cheap. I prefer a shallower fit with these and haven't moved from the stock tips. Try the foam cutting, that was first mentioned by Kova, at some point as well.

Like mine are now, they play fine with everything and I can't imagine them not getting load enough for someone with any DAP. If you have an amp, they do improve more than some others if you have an amp with good contol.

Nov 3, 2012 at 1:36 PM Post #495 of 3,824
Quote:
bigsmile_face.gif
Yup, better to try tape first to case it out before sealing them up like I did. It's not just an amplitude thing either. Bass is tighter as well. I'm surprised the sub bass is still there. I had no choice. I wouldn't have used them as stock but that's me. Couldn't be easier to adjust and now I'm considering a backup while they're still this cheap. I prefer a shallower fit with these and haven't moved from the stock tips. Try the foam cutting, that was first mentioned by Kova, at some point as well.

Like mine are now, they play fine with everything and I can't imagine them not getting load enough for someone with any DAP. If you have an amp, they do improve more than some others if you have an amp with good contol.

You're not alone. My finger is hovering over the order button on Amazon.

Quote:

When will these little gems stop to amaze us?!? 
biggrin.gif

Eke, I'll definitely try your mod later... 

You should!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back