[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Oct 29, 2012 at 10:16 PM Post #226 of 3,824
My 3 Top Best Bang for the Buck for 2012 would be:

3. Jvc S400. $29 Crazy deal.
2. Sony mh1c
1. Jvc S500

I am impresed by the sound of these sony's, also they where shipped ULTRA FAST, so thats a bonus.

Thanks Clieos !

Oct 29, 2012 at 10:35 PM Post #227 of 3,824
Oct 29, 2012 at 10:41 PM Post #228 of 3,824
Quote:
My 3 Top Best Bang for the Buck for 2012 would be:
3. Jvc S400. $29 Crazy deal.
2. Sony mh1c
1. Jvc S500
I am impresed by the sound of these sony's, also they where shipped ULTRA FAST, so thats a bonus.
Thanks Clieos !

oh wow, so you're liking these much more than the fx40s and 101s?!?!? I was thinking of getting the fx31 since dsnuts was raving about how good they were and how they were the best of both worlds but it seems like everyone is getting impressed by these...

Oct 29, 2012 at 10:51 PM Post #230 of 3,824
oh wow, so you're liking these much more than the fx40s and 101s?!?!? I was thinking of getting the fx31 since dsnuts was raving about how good they were and how they were the best of both worlds but it seems like everyone is getting impressed by these...

Imho the 3580 is better than the fx101, The fx40, its ok , but these sonys are much better.

IMHO i would score the fx101 with a 6.7, Fx40: 7.2 Phillips 3580: 7.8 Mhc1: 8.5
But i am noob with a bunch of cheapos and jvc's, so take it with a ton of salt, you know....

Oct 30, 2012 at 2:38 AM Post #235 of 3,824
Quote:
Geez how good are these phones???i see so many positive impressions that i may need to buy myself a pair to see what all the hype is about. What phones is comparable to it?(GR07, A161, Westone's, etc)

I have been listening to SE535, Westone 2 and UM2. Confident to say MH1C compare favourably to those. Got my pair in a Causeway Bay cellphone shop for HKD $188 (USD 25 approx). Grateful that I can find a pair of IEM with top tier sound that I can stuff in pocket without the hassle of putting in some delicate carrying bag. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 30, 2012 at 2:42 AM Post #236 of 3,824
In case someone is interested, the review of MW1 (which I mentioned earlier in MH1 review) has been posted. Check it out here.

Oct 30, 2012 at 8:26 AM Post #237 of 3,824
A slight update: I just got my Nano 7G and can confirm the mic won't work on it. Given I have tested the mic on my Nano 4G and it works, the current conclusion is - MH1 will likely work only on older iDevices but not the latest generation. Apple must have changed something along the way...

A second update and here comes the bearer of good news.

As I was playing around all the different headset I have to figure out just which headset works with Nano 7G (and possibly iPhone 5) and which isn't, I stumble upon a solution to let MH1's mic and call button to work with Nano 7G and it is quite simple - it seems what Apple has done in the recent generation of iDevice is they have changed the resistance inside the remote that needs to trigger the mic and call button function, thus making some headset work while other won't. So how do we trigger the mic and call button function on MH1 (and likely on other headset that current don't work with the latest iDevice)? Easy, just press either Volume+ or Volume- button when you plug the headset in and release it when plugged in. The volume control still won't work, but it will give you the ability to answer call and play/pause music (single press), skip to next song (double press), back to previous song (triple press), voice over (long hold) and voice memo recording.

Oct 30, 2012 at 8:43 AM Post #238 of 3,824
I got my mh1c this morning and I'm pretty impressed, so thanks, ClieOS. I'll leave it to burn in but it's actually pretty enjoyable right away. The stock tips though are kinda annoying as they create too much suction. The sony hybrids do the same but not so much - I think it might be due to the lower shiny and softer part of the new tips. Actually, my left ear is steel squicking from the insane popping sound the tips made when I pulled them out of my ears. I'll be trying it with other tips but you might be able to save me some time - do you have any recommendations if you tried it with other tips, which sound the best and most importantly don't try to suck your brain throught the ear cannals when pulled out?

Oct 30, 2012 at 9:18 AM Post #239 of 3,824
I personally find the stock eartips sounding the best actually..

Oct 30, 2012 at 9:23 AM Post #240 of 3,824
Well, they might sound good but I'll think I'll stick to the gr07's tips - either the bi-flanges or the medium stock single-flanges.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back