[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Oct 29, 2012 at 2:54 PM Post #211 of 3,824
Quote:
This is exciting. I ordered the RE-262 but I guilty about the $150 I spent so I returned it. If this can come close to the RE-262 or even better for $20 then that'll be fantastic.
I ordered from http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008CCSD7K because the description says "new Sony version and not the Sony Ericsson version" and it says MH1C in the title, however it also says Livesound, but I think that's just a mix-up error. It may have been safer to order it from dealextreme but this one is fulfilled by Amazon so I can get it quickly and I can also return it easily if it's not the right one.
I'll post back when I get them on Wednesday (or earlier) to confirm the model.
Also, how do the white ones look? I'm kind of tired of the same black color for all my devices, I was wondering if the white ones look too cheap or if they get dirty easily. Anyone know?
Thanks.

From that link, description:

Sony MH1C Black Livesound Hi-Fi Stereo In-Ear Headphones Earphones Headsets Head-sets Earpieces - Mobile Phone Repair Part Replacement

confused_face(1).gif

Oct 29, 2012 at 3:44 PM Post #213 of 3,824
Quote:

From that link, description:

Sony MH1C Black Livesound Hi-Fi Stereo In-Ear Headphones Earphones Headsets Head-sets Earpieces - Mobile Phone Repair Part Replacement

confused_face(1).gif

That's exactly the one I received today.  Only paid $19.90 for them.  Comes in a clear plastic bag with tips.  As for sound w/o any burn, everybody needs to grab one of these.  

Oct 29, 2012 at 3:46 PM Post #214 of 3,824
ok. thanks.. i bought a second pair from there,  i just got my first pair and.....  ARE YOU KIDDING ME???????????????  

Oct 29, 2012 at 4:39 PM Post #216 of 3,824
Yeah I got mine from http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008CCSD7K today

I don't have precise hearing like some do, but so far here are my impressions.

(From that link) Comes in a clear plastic bag with a set of s,m,l tips and shirt clip in a smaller bag, has m tips on the earphones.

No green Ericsson symbol on the earphones, but the safety tag on the wire does say Sony Ericsson.
This does (positive) work with my Galaxy Nexus.

I've been using the Sunrise Xcape IE IEM for a year and had the Hifiman RE-262 for a few days (I returned them, they were good but my money guilt kicked in). With that said, you could tell I'm not used to much bass in my earphones. The first thing I noticed about the MH1C is that the bass is quite heavier than what I'm used to. It makes techno music sound heavier but everything else is fine. It doesn't sound as clear as the RE-262 or the Xcape IE. I haven't had that many earphones so I don't have much reference but this seems like a good deal at first listen. The build quality is sturdy. The controls work on my Galaxy Nexus aside from the black arrow button (it might work if you have an app to program it). The microphone isn't great but it's good enough for phone calls.

For $20 I'd say these are excellent.

Oct 29, 2012 at 9:45 PM Post #222 of 3,824
These things are fantastic! I only have 9 hours burn-in on them. And the potential is still high for it to sound even better!!

Oct 29, 2012 at 10:01 PM Post #223 of 3,824
Quote:
Do you think they'll give Yamaha EPH-100 a run as has been mentioned?

I don't have the EPH anymore, so I can't say for certain.

The only fault I can find with it is that I wish it had a little less bass.

Oct 29, 2012 at 10:11 PM Post #224 of 3,824
I don't have the EPH anymore, so I can't say for certain.

The only fault I can find with it is that I wish it had a little less bass.

I don't have the EPH anymore either unfortunately. I'm glad to see all the positive impressions coming on. ClieOS wouldn't put his rep on the line for nothing.

Would you ClieOS. :wink:

Oct 29, 2012 at 10:14 PM Post #225 of 3,824
Bought the $20 Amazon "Repair part replacement" version.
Unbelievable, how good they sound for the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back