[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Oct 28, 2012 at 12:02 PM Post #182 of 3,824
Clieos did you get the R&D story on these?

Yes, I did learn a bit of the background story on MH1 as I was discussing with one of engineer who develop the headset. I'll be posting a related article about MH1 in the next few days, after I finished two more reviews (busy busy busy). The engineer himself will be there too, answering your questions if you have any.

Oct 28, 2012 at 12:39 PM Post #184 of 3,824
Mine have now around 75 hours and they are just absolutly great for money, even if you paid 80 for them. Will post review of them on czech hi-fi site, but after that, all reviews of iems under ~130$ Will be hard when they will lose to 20$ iems: )

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Oct 28, 2012 at 1:31 PM Post #186 of 3,824
Quote:
instument seperation is where these headphones stand out, although I think thier weakness is the vocals. Vocals sound dull/average, do any of you agree?

You need to burn them in for a week and then try it.

@ ClieOS you should get many more impressions very soon. I basically ordered everyone on the discovery thread to buy a pair..Not suggest mind you. Ordered them. Lol.

Oct 28, 2012 at 2:25 PM Post #189 of 3,824
@ ClieOS you should get many more impressions very soon. I basically ordered everyone on the discovery thread to buy a pair..Not suggest mind you. Ordered them. Lol.

900x900px-LL-61a68466_4dbb50ec701d1061c83df85ae7435db6.gif

I shall not take responsibility for that

Oct 28, 2012 at 2:31 PM Post #190 of 3,824
No these sound fantastic. I am listening to them on my newly acquired bravo ocean tube amp hooked up to a clip of all sources..These have a very similar tuning to a much higher end XBA-3. That in of itself is worthy of purchasing..They have been on the burn for the almost 50 hours now and I have to say. I am mighty impressed by how they sound. These seem to scale well with more powerful sources. You would not expect this level of sound from these.

I remembered on first listen without burn. I was like. That ClieOS must be smoking something. lol!

Oct 28, 2012 at 3:07 PM Post #191 of 3,824
Quote:
Yes, I did learn a bit of the background story on MH1 as I was discussing with one of engineer who develop the headset. I'll be posting a related article about MH1 in the next few days, after I finished two more reviews (busy busy busy). The engineer himself will be there too, answering your questions if you have any.

This will be great! 
beerchug.gif

Oct 28, 2012 at 3:23 PM Post #192 of 3,824
Quote:
$21.99 seller has answered me about the tips. He/She says "[size=x-small]3pairs mixed size spare and one clip[/size]"

In fact the mh´s bulk package (meaning no box or instructions but contents the same) includes 3 tips +1 fitted to them. I´d rate them ssmall, small, medium and big.I´m ok with the medium myself
In most dynamic speakers that are not high end I always drop down a fraction of a decibel on the mid vocal range around 2khz sometimes down from 2.5khz. For brilliance whatever the speaker I go up close to the max on over 16khz my personal taste
On the high end ones well this is the deal breaker to evaluate, the vocal range and the high treble at least for me, the higher you go up in the frequency scale the hardest it is to reproduce, exception to the mid vocal range because of something called transients. whoever has heard and/or owned Stax and related gear based on  electrostatic membrane knows what this is about

Although certainly not high end for me these mh´s are the best budget iem´s people can buy

When I have the time I will measure them electrically somehow I suspect the real impedance seems different than the rated one (anyone care to mesure too ?) the spl per gain level is too shallow

Bear in mind from time to time these things come along cheers to Clieos for finding these ones out

Only shows us how portable audio afficionados are constantly being ripped off on high cost hardware lol

Oct 28, 2012 at 3:24 PM Post #193 of 3,824
Quote:
No these sound fantastic. I am listening to them on my newly acquired bravo ocean tube amp hooked up to a clip of all sources..These have a very similar tuning to a much higher end XBA-3. That in of itself is worthy of purchasing..They have been on the burn for the almost 50 hours now and I have to say. I am mighty impressed by how they sound. These seem to scale well with more powerful sources. You would not expect this level of sound from these.

I remembered on first listen without burn. I was like. That ClieOS must be smoking something. lol!

that bad?

oh, and clieos himself mentioned even XBA - 4 arent far from these

Oct 28, 2012 at 3:58 PM Post #195 of 3,824
Quote:

In fact the mh´s bulk package (meaning no box or instructions but contents the same) includes 3 tips +1 fitted to them. I´d rate them ssmall, small, medium and big

I know.I've just quoted what he/she said via PM because I find it weird.Other sellers write 4 pairs.I asked spesifically are there 4 pairs and he/she said 3.Maybe just didn't count the fitted ones though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back