[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Jul 2, 2015 at 5:24 AM Post #3,466 of 3,824
Hi, currently own a pair of these and love them for casual listening, however I'm not certain of the longevity (I know a couple of people with dead sets), so I need to get my hands on a new pair. Anyone know somewhere that ships the MH1-c to Australia? I've seen a couple on alibaba, and here: http://www.smartphonebay.net/Sony-Ericsson-Sony-Xperia-MH1C-Handsfree-Headset-p/hds-semh1c.htm?gclid=CjwKEAjwwtOsBRDdjZTbvYvTlzcSJADOY0DRsxvokeMByiJ1l5gIWsVJE6RGA6oiaepxAXpE6eVN6hoCafLw_wcB

but am unsure about the reputations of these sites (especially smartphonebay). 

Jul 10, 2015 at 3:14 PM Post #3,471 of 3,824
Finally ordered these! Got the MH1 and an adapter to work with my SIII so I hope all goes well. Seems to be the best way to buy these for under £7 ($11), as otherwise the MH1C is £12.99. Will compare with my Brainwavz Delta once they arrive and I'm itching to try the venting mods etc.

ps Turrican2 those look pretty cool! Will keep in mind if I consider a future cable mod

Jul 11, 2015 at 2:55 AM Post #3,472 of 3,824
Finally ordered these! Got the MH1 and an adapter to work with my SIII so I hope all goes well. Seems to be the best way to buy these for under £7 ($11), as otherwise the MH1C is £12.99. Will compare with my Brainwavz Delta once they arrive and I'm itching to try the venting mods etc.

ps Turrican2 those look pretty cool! Will keep in mind if I consider a future cable mod

Yes they will provide a cable or you can send your own, either way it's a good option, stock cable is really, really bad....

Jul 11, 2015 at 11:40 AM Post #3,473 of 3,824
Yes they will provide a cable or you can send your own, either way it's a good option, stock cable is really, really bad....

Indeed, recabling is a must, though the stock cable is very sturdy.

Jul 13, 2015 at 6:49 PM Post #3,479 of 3,824

where did you find it for $11?

Jul 14, 2015 at 12:47 PM Post #3,480 of 3,824
where did you find it for $11?

I'm in the UK, it was this eBay listing plus this OMTP to CTIA converter. I wrote $11 simply for comparison, looks like seller will ship to US but I don't know how much it'd cost. £3.99 is an insane steal though, they arrived today and I'm loving the sound already: highs are way less grainy than my Deltas, although neither are sibilant; bass is great, but I've had to tame it a bit with vent mods to suite my taste. Cable is as god-awful as everybody says though 
biggrin.gif

EDIT: After an A/B comparison, the Delta's bass is horribly bloated in comparison. These show far more detail (mainly because the high end isn't destroyed by the boom below) and are much softer and easier on the ears... the snare drum sounds like a thundercrack with the Deltas, but is more pleasingly preserved in the mix with the MH1s. Needless to say the Sonys will now be my daily IEMs, and a good complement to the Grado SR60is; I absolutely love them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back