[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Apr 20, 2014 at 5:26 PM Post #3,092 of 3,824
wait what , so will i need an adapter to use the earphone on my sansa fuze .. ? i thought it was the same plug as everything else. I dont need pause play stop functionality i just want to listen to music lol 

Apr 20, 2014 at 5:43 PM Post #3,093 of 3,824
If you're going to tell someone to get the MH1 instead of the MH1c at least have the courtesy to mention that they'll need an adapter.

It wasn't a lack of courtesy :p I just always forget, because use a recabled version. However you need an adapter for the mh1c as well depending on what device you use it on. Mh1c is ctia and mh1 is omtp. So they both need the same adapter if the device you have is the opposite standard.

Apr 20, 2014 at 5:48 PM Post #3,094 of 3,824
  wait what , so will i need an adapter to use the earphone on my sansa fuze .. ? i thought it was the same plug as everything else. I dont need pause play stop functionality i just want to listen to music lol 

For sound alone you can just pass it through any standard 3.5 extension type cable. That will automatically join the mic and ground contacts and make the audio work but the controls will not.

Apr 22, 2014 at 2:06 AM Post #3,096 of 3,824

I've received the ZMF-modded MH1, although it's little late. Love that build quality because it looks like a home-made IEM with lovely sound. Because the vents are closed, I have to agree that it's less boomy and overall sound became very bright. It reminds me of that horrifying XBA-30's piercing and peaky treble; but it's not like that. The upper treble is pleasant like Yamaha EPH-100. However, the MH1 lacks of L and R marking so I painted them with red and blue, making 'em look sexier. Clipper were put because the cable slightly heavy for my taste.

Apr 22, 2014 at 1:27 PM Post #3,098 of 3,824

I've received the ZMF-modded MH1, although it's little late. Love that build quality because it looks like a home-made IEM with lovely sound. Because the vents are closed, I have to agree that it's less boomy and overall sound became very bright. It reminds me of that horrifying XBA-30's piercing and peaky treble; but it's not like that. The upper treble is pleasant like Yamaha EPH-100. However, the MH1 lacks of L and R marking so I painted them with red and blue, making 'em look sexier. Clipper were put because the cable slightly heavy for my taste.

These look great!!

Apr 22, 2014 at 2:10 PM Post #3,100 of 3,824
ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Apr 22, 2014 at 7:19 PM Post #3,102 of 3,824

You going to share that tip?

+1

Sure thing. Just been busy...

I used a pair of flat nose pliers that had a bit of teeth like these:

for grip to hold the housing and then a pair of end cutter type pliers like these:

I place the fine edge of the end cutter inside the groove that separates the housing and stress relief material as much as possible right in the groove. I then held the housing tightly in my left hand and pulled them apart using my right hand end cutters to pull. I turned it back and forth very gently as I pulled them apart to try and loosen things. It seemed like it was never going to come off, but I just kept doing it and it finally came off.

Apr 22, 2014 at 7:29 PM Post #3,103 of 3,824
On another note. Just finished another recable joining the wire style for someone. Use the right angle neutrik, custom cord lock slider and wire colors per his preferene. All coper below the split. Grounds joined in the middle to reduce the cable size/thickness/weight and increase flexibility.

I'm not sure if I sealed the strain relief extra well or what, but I put tape on the vents and these sound the best I've heard so far stock...  I'm not sure I want to give them to the buyer. :wink: hahaha

Apr 22, 2014 at 7:58 PM Post #3,104 of 3,824

for grip to hold the housing and then a pair of end cutter type pliers like these:

I place the fine edge of the end cutter inside the groove that separates the housing and stress relief material as much as possible right in the groove. I then held the housing tightly in my left hand and pulled them apart using my right hand end cutters to pull. I turned it back and forth very gently as I pulled them apart to try and loosen things. It seemed like it was never going to come off, but I just kept doing it and it finally came off.

Deeeuummmm! That seems like a lot of work.
I'm going to order a pair of MH-1's so I can try that.
Also, I'll be buying some cable. Still not sure about which will be the best connectors though (to have a detachable cable)...

On another note. Just finished another recable joining the wire style for someone. Use the right angle neutrik, custom cord lock slider and wire colors per his preferene. All coper below the split. Grounds joined in the middle to reduce the cable size/thickness/weight and increase flexibility.

I'm not sure if I sealed the strain relief extra well or what, but I put tape on the vents and these sound the best I've heard so far stock...  I'm not sure I want to give them to the buyer. :wink: hahaha

And another fine job!!! I'm soooo jealous right now!! xD

Apr 22, 2014 at 9:51 PM Post #3,105 of 3,824

AHA! Thanks

.It looks like there is some kind of contact cement residue there. Are they actually glued together or just a really tight press fit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back