[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
May 10, 2014 at 12:58 AM Post #3,125 of 3,824
Uh yeah that is pure sex.

:p

I still haven't been able to open them without at least some scratches and whatnot. However, it's not noticeable at all in real life. Only in macro photos. haha I've been filling the stress relief with super glue, and it takes the bass down a little bit more than blocking the vent. You could block the vent too, but I read on rin's blog that could damage the driver.

Nonetheless, the btg wire is super smooth and flexible and they sound great and fit over the ears beautifully. And I got the cord-lock "perfect". I need to patent my diy cord-lock. :wink:

May 12, 2014 at 5:23 PM Post #3,129 of 3,824

so does anyone have a jvc hafx40 and the mh1? Which one do you think is better? I currently have the hafx40

I have not heard the jvc, but the mh1 is really darn impressive. I'd love to see another budget iem that compared though... Especially one with a good cable. :p

May 12, 2014 at 7:17 PM Post #3,132 of 3,824
I have not heard the jvc, but the mh1 is really darn impressive. I'd love to see another budget iem that compared though... Especially one with a good cable. :p

Had the fx40. Plenty of detail, but the highs were way too bright for me. Apart from the cable, the mh1c's are much nicer imo.

As far as other budget iem's are concerned, the kc06 is awesome (I was lucky to get them for $53), and my understanding is that the remotes tenores are awesome as well. And its no surprise that both of them have better cables than the mh1c's :)

Maybe we're talking lower priced iems though.

May 12, 2014 at 7:22 PM Post #3,133 of 3,824
My recabled ZMF MH1 is for sale in the FS section. I'll be keeping my other pair of ZMF MH1 with the straight connector. Still an amazing phone. 

May 12, 2014 at 10:08 PM Post #3,134 of 3,824

Wow, this iem sound so sweet and they are 5 bucks now, real price for that sound is more like 120.
Not the best seller rating though. I'd be at least a little concerned. But maybe they're fine. Who knows. I just prefer a seller with less than 100 complaints in one month. :p no matter how much they sell. Oh well.

May 13, 2014 at 1:20 AM Post #3,135 of 3,824
Guys if you're trying to re-cable or you're buying from ZMF, I recommend keeping the top bass vent open. Closing all the vents can cause over-pressurization leading to some temporary channel imbalance and noticeable driver flex. I've poked a hole in the top bass vent of my current pair using a safety pin, completely solving these issues. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back