[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Nov 23, 2013 at 7:18 PM Post #2,656 of 3,824
  Damn, I was going to buy them from amazon but they're 81 dollars over there LOL

You can find them on eBay for 50$.
Frankly, I don't think they are worth it - the cable makes them really hard to use, and the sound is too colored.
I bought two when they were 25$ - their tips are fantastic, using them on many other IEMs.

Nov 23, 2013 at 7:33 PM Post #2,657 of 3,824

Frankly, I don't think they are worth it - the cable makes them really hard to use, and the sound is too colored.
I bought two when they were 25$ - their tips are fantastic, using them on many other IEMs.

Any tips or tricks to make the earbuds more round-ish?

I ended up using Shure's tips which can be found here.

Nov 23, 2013 at 7:51 PM Post #2,658 of 3,824

I think they're well worth the price if you're looking for a reference sound with a bit more bass, or even just something that you can very easily eq to get a very reference sound.  The cable is not that bad if you wear it behind the neck as it was designed to be worn.  It's still not amazing, but not bad.

If you mean how do you get them to not look squished, i just roll the heck out of them in my fingers.  Not smoothly, just squish and roll them around a while and they just sort of start taking their round shape naturally.  Either that or just use them a bit until they soften a little.

Nov 23, 2013 at 7:54 PM Post #2,659 of 3,824

I think they're well worth the price if you're looking for a reference sound with a bit more bass, or even just something that you can very easily eq to get a very reference sound.  The cable is not that bad if you wear it behind the neck as it was designed to be worn.  It's still not amazing, but not bad.

If you mean how do you get them to not look squished, i just roll the heck out of them in my fingers.  Not smoothly, just squish and roll them around a while and they just sort of start taking their round shape naturally.  Either that or just use them a bit until they soften a little.

I've been rolling them for at least an hour, but still no luck.
Though I have nothing to complain since it's just my $0.02

Nov 23, 2013 at 8:06 PM Post #2,660 of 3,824

You can't change their shape. If Shure is more comfortable for you, just keep using them.
I use the MH1C tips with my Nail 2 V2, Brainwavz B2 and Carbo Basso.
They are very comfortable and provide good isolation.

Nov 23, 2013 at 9:45 PM Post #2,662 of 3,824

When and why the hell did they get so expensive? Did they end production? For a marvelously successful earphone? Wat

Nov 23, 2013 at 10:10 PM Post #2,663 of 3,824
I like mh1c tips. They isolate better, enhance bass, cut treble and bandwidth a little

Nov 23, 2013 at 10:32 PM Post #2,664 of 3,824
When and why the hell did they get so expensive? Did they end production? For a marvelously successful earphone? Wat

No they're still available for about 16 bucks out of england on thebay if you look.

Sorry to say that with the channel imbalances, useless cable, and filter problems these just aren't worth the trouble. The time, effort and frustration factors make a lot of other options look remarkably better. These things are about as user friendly as a porcupine prostitute.

If you are a down to the skeleton modder these are probably a dream.

Nov 23, 2013 at 11:11 PM Post #2,666 of 3,824

No they're still available for about 16 bucks out of england on thebay if you look.

Sorry to say that with the channel imbalances, useless cable, and filter problems these just aren't worth the trouble. The time, effort and frustration factors make a lot of other options look remarkably better. These things are about as user friendly as a porcupine prostitute.

If you are a down to the skeleton modder these are probably a dream.

It seems like that is something only you would know nut_nicks.
rolleyes.gif

I had 3 sets and all 3 sets had no sonic problems whatsoever. But the cable ruined it for me. Love their form factor/ look/ fit, but the cable basically rendered all those positives useless. No not the cable in itself, IT IS DAT STUPID HEAVY @SS BULKY MIC!!! GRRR!!!
mad.gif
It's ALWAYS in the way and makes it easy to lose seal due to it's size/weight.

NOW YOU KNOW HOW BIG EARS FELT. LMAO

You just trolled yourself. hoho

http://www.head-fi.org/t/632892/review-sony-mh1-the-best-kept-secret/2475#post_9874344

Nov 23, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #2,667 of 3,824
  It seems like that is something only you would know nut_nicks.
rolleyes.gif

I had 3 sets and all 3 sets had no sonic problems whatsoever. But the cable ruined it for me. Love their form factor/ look/ fit, but the cable basically rendered all those positives useless. No not the cable in itself, IT IS DAT STUPID HEAVY @SS BULKY MIC!!! GRRR!!!
mad.gif
It's ALWAYS in the way and makes it easy to lose seal due to it's size/weight.

NOW YOU KNOW HOW BIG EARS FELT. LMAO

You just trolled yourself. hoho

http://www.head-fi.org/t/632892/review-sony-mh1-the-best-kept-secret/2475#post_9874344

You'll notice that I'm not on here hyping or whatever. I stand by that first post. I could sit here all day and list off better headphones for under a hundred bucks. Box stock these are a no go for the guy on the street and I suspect that's why they abound.
Has anyone either first hand or known of anyone directly who got a pair with a phone?

Nov 23, 2013 at 11:30 PM Post #2,668 of 3,824

You'll notice that I'm not on here hyping or whatever. I stand by that first post. I could sit here all day and list off better headphones for under a hundred bucks. Box stock these are a no go for the guy on the street and I suspect that's why they abound.
Has anyone either first hand or known of anyone directly who got a pair with a phone?

Welp you got hyped enough to give them a try didn't ya'???
tongue.gif

Do i ALWAYS have to do ALL the homework for ya' sheeeeeeeeeeesh!!! :)

http://www.head-fi.org/t/633873/review-sony-mw1-smart-wireless-headset-pro

I actually wanna get a set of those cuz they have no stupid mic control, but those MW1s only comes with that lamo sony mp3 player. </3  :  (

Nov 23, 2013 at 11:33 PM Post #2,669 of 3,824
  Welp you got hyped enough to give them a try didn't ya'???
tongue.gif

Do i ALWAYS have to do ALL the homework for ya' sheeeeeeeeeeesh!!! :)

http://www.head-fi.org/t/633873/review-sony-mw1-smart-wireless-headset-pro

I actually wanna get a set of those cuz they have no stupid mic control, but those MW1s only comes with that lamo sony mp3 player. </3  :  (

Well I'm out exactly 15.90. And I can actually take these down to component parts and rebuild and recable them. I have very little motivation to do so. The value isn't there. Maybe on a snow day.

Nov 23, 2013 at 11:43 PM Post #2,670 of 3,824

Well I'm out exactly 15.90. And I can actually take these down to component parts and rebuild and recable them. I have very little motivation to do so. The value isn't there. Maybe on a snow day.

Ohhhhhhhhhh schiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit, i have found my MH1/C sugar moddie!!! Hook it up nut_nicks!!! Been dying to find someone that can recable these for me and i know you work for cheap cuz of your peon status so......
ksc75smile.gif

You probably just got a dud set like BIG EARs tbh, cuz even those analytical mofos up in that ER-4P thread are diggin' them despite the big bass qualities of these MH1/Cs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back