[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Oct 26, 2012 at 11:56 PM Post #121 of 3,824
Ok I just read his review, they sound sick! (pun not intended)
Anyways, does anyone know how good they are compared to the FX101?

I think i may have found the right IEM,
the only guttering thing is that that guy on amazon won't ship to my country in New Zealand :frowning2:
and I don't know who sells the MH1C on ebay, all the $20 ones are for the MH1, which means i can't use them on my ipod.

Oct 27, 2012 at 12:20 AM Post #122 of 3,824
Quote:
MH1 came with my dad's phone, he has been using it for a while (burn-in). I had it for last two days.
If you already read ClieOS's review, and you want something slightly more crisp on top note, slightly less fat on the bottom, CC51 is probably a better choice. CC51 often can be had for under $30, just pay attention to deals thread.

did you mean that CC51 have the same SQ as MH1 just with a different signature?

Oct 27, 2012 at 3:25 AM Post #123 of 3,824
Quote:
funny enough my set also seems to play at lower level when not amped on the sansa. this is unusual, makes no sense if looking at the NH1C´s ohm´s.
When amped of course this is irrelevant

I wonder if the embedded remote is somehow capping the sound or inducing resistance on a regular mp3 player ?

For the rest at least for me although the cable is crappy the fit is comfortable with the med included tips. Sound is improving too but won´t make too much comments before the average 100 hour cap

even amped the whole sound volume control has to go up considerably to be on pair with other earphones

do you guys also notice this ?

Oct 27, 2012 at 3:54 AM Post #124 of 3,824
MH1C on it's way.  Thanks for the heads up!

I have been using the old standby for poor weather: the NuForce NE-7M with V-Moda tips for years it won't quit, with a junker old Philips 9500 somewhere but it's far too bassy and intolerable. Other than that there's the Stax  portable but have to be careful with those weatherwise.
Most all of my fullsized portables are custom/vintage orthos

I thought the fullsize market was bad for choices but the IEM area left me completely unsure except for the more openly discussed models. Think this is reason I have been ignoring the IEM side of things. Think it's time to take a better look at them and get more familiar.
Your description of the signature seems like it's what I am looking for more or less in an IEM .

For my future reference how do these roughly/generally compare to the ME A161P ?  Considering those next.

Sorry for rambling on  :) this IEM stuff is new ground I'm excited but it's another dangerous thing for the wallet. The Cowon D2 has a new friend now!
THANKS AGAIN.

Oct 27, 2012 at 4:26 AM Post #125 of 3,824
Quote:
For my future reference how do these roughly/generally compare to the ME A161P ?  Considering those next.

Meelec A161p is rebuilded model of Fischer SBA-03, SQ is the same, but with better build, accessories.

ClieOS gave SBA-03 SQ-4.5 and value- 4.75, where as MH1C got 4.65 and 4.95.

You can read the SBA-03 and MH1C reviews individually and compare which might suit well for you.

SBA-03 Review Link :

http://www.head-fi.org/t/577517/review-fischer-audio-license-renewed-featuring-mighty-bug-fa-977-jazz-ceramique-paradigm-v-3-consonance-tandem-and-sba-03

I bet you will not go buy another IEM when you listen to MH1C, they suit me so perfect for me. I like my TF10 more than this, but its ridiculous fit and tendency to break easily makes me stay from it..

Oct 27, 2012 at 4:35 AM Post #126 of 3,824
thanks for that reply!

Oct 27, 2012 at 4:46 AM Post #127 of 3,824
man after spending close to 400 bucks for IE80 I'm not sure I want to try this :p  (only downside for me right now is the isolation, since I tend to use it the most when in transit)

The new hybrid tips looks interesting though, is there any way to purchase those by themselves to try out?  I bought a pair of Sony headphones just for their hybrid tips (after price match came out to be cheaper than the tips themselves as a package) so these are a pretty good deal at that price.

Also some amazon reviews claim it falls out of their ears due to the weight of the housing / the microphone remote is too heavy?  I'm a bit wary about that aspect because I really didn't like the Monster Turbines due to their weight.  

Oct 27, 2012 at 5:04 AM Post #128 of 3,824

That's be like going backward. If you want something different than what MH1 sounds like, I'll recommend the T-PEOS H100 instead.

Also some amazon reviews claim it falls out of their ears due to the weight of the housing / the microphone remote is too heavy?  I'm a bit wary about that aspect because I really didn't like the Monster Turbines due to their weight.  

That's what the shirt clip is for.

Oct 27, 2012 at 6:36 AM Post #133 of 3,824
Sorry if this has been asked already....are there any fakes going about?

Oct 27, 2012 at 6:41 AM Post #134 of 3,824
Quote:
Sorry if this has been asked already....are there any fakes going about?

It seems there's a remote possibility for those. But so far, nobody here complained about fakes and these must be selling like crazy. I ordered mine from a seller at Amazon.co.uk, so if I get  a fake, I can always complain and ask for a refund...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back