[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Oct 24, 2012 at 6:35 AM Post #46 of 3,824
Are these any good for rap, hip-hop and rnb?

What I have noticed as I listened to MH1 during the course of evaluation is that this is an IEM that truly has bare minimum weakness in overall tuning. In fact, it excels in almost any genre I can throw at it – Pop, Alternative Rock, Vocal, Folk, Country, and even Classical – just name it. Granted it might not be the best at every genre, I will say it has some of the most consistent performance across the board… Okay, may be Electronic can use a bit more sparkles, but that’s about it - and it is not to say Electronic isn’t enjoyable on MH1 at all.

Oct 24, 2012 at 7:54 AM Post #48 of 3,824
I may get my MH1C in 1-2 days..I will give my impressions regarding the same, Im really suprised that a 20$ product just got a good SQ rating than Brainwavz B2..I hope I dont get any fake ones :) BTW, I also got confirmation from a representative that those bulk packages are mostly real, it may be the biggest bang for buck yet if its true..

Oct 24, 2012 at 8:25 AM Post #49 of 3,824
ClieOS, I guess you already have an ideia about the EPH-100 sound. How do they compare to these MH1?

EPH-100 has more V-shaped FR (bigger bass, crispier treble) when compared to MH1, but other wise I'll say they are more or less of the same level. I'll say EPH-100 sounds more fun, while MH1 is more neutral and smooth in tone.

Oct 24, 2012 at 10:33 AM Post #51 of 3,824
Quote:
Thank you very much for the review.  I'm a bit confused by the models and their compatibility though.   Will either work with a Galaxy S3 (mic, volume controls, play/pause button)?

From what I understood, the older Sony-Ericsson MH-1 model will just work on some older phones (SE, Nokia, etc) and for newer phones you need the Sony MH-1C model. This is your case! 

Oct 24, 2012 at 10:44 AM Post #52 of 3,824
Quote:
Thank you very much for the review.  I'm a bit confused by the models and their compatibility though.   Will either work with a Galaxy S3 (mic, volume controls, play/pause button)?

Well, my Galaxy S OMPT headset doesn't work on a Galaxy Nexus, so all the newer Galaxy phones should be CTIA and work with the newer Sony MH1C version

Oct 24, 2012 at 10:55 AM Post #53 of 3,824
Thanks for the prompt replies guys.  One other question, how would you compare the sound of this to the MDR-EX310LPs?  

EDIT: I've just seen this on one of the ebay listings:

[size=x-small]Listen[/size] [size=x-small]Answer[/size] [size=x-small]Talk[/size] [size=x-small]Remote[/size] [size=x-small]SmartKey[/size]
[size=x-small]Sony Mobile phones[/size] [size=x-small]O[/size] [size=x-small]O[/size] [size=x-small]O[/size] [size=x-small]O[/size] [size=x-small]O[/size]
[size=x-small]HTC/Samsung Android[/size] [size=x-small]O[/size] [size=x-small]O[/size] [size=x-small]O[/size]    
[size=x-small]CD, MP3, DVD players,
Computers, iPhone/iPad
[/size]
[size=x-small]O[/size]        
[size=x-small]Sony Ericsson phones[/size] [size=x-small]Note: For full functionality, we recommend Sony Ericsson Livesound™[/size]

Looks like the remote doesn't work (volume keys) with Galaxy S3s.

Oct 24, 2012 at 11:05 AM Post #54 of 3,824
The volume keys should work. I tested it on newer Samsung myself.

Oct 24, 2012 at 12:24 PM Post #57 of 3,824
I´ve also posted elsewhere but got no replies, in a sense it´s kind of the same,

will the xba-3ip work on a regular sony nwz-a866 even if just for listening ? (ip=idevice controls) ? kinda strange but I see it in amazon cheaper than regular xba-3

Oct 24, 2012 at 12:36 PM Post #58 of 3,824
I´ve also posted elsewhere but got no replies, in a sense it´s kind of the same,

will the xba-3ip work on a regular sony nwz-a866 even if just for listening ? (ip=idevice controls) ? kinda strange but I see it in amazon cheaper than regular xba-3

It should work.

Oct 24, 2012 at 12:52 PM Post #59 of 3,824
thks clie!

why the hell are the xba-3ip regularly much cheaper than the xba-3 ? less catered or looked for, meaning less demand = lower price ?

Oct 24, 2012 at 1:12 PM Post #60 of 3,824
You have to ask Amazon for the answer, not me :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back