Review: Sensaphonics Custom Sleeves in Crystal Blue for the Shure SE846
Nov 29, 2014 at 9:07 PM Post #91 of 436
Just thought I'd peek in here to report on my SCS with my 846s. I've had them a couple months, and it is tough to describe what a great difference they have made in my 846 experience. The isolation, the comfort, the improved sound quality (due to the isolation alone or something else? Tough to say). 

Loved the 846s, and really didn't expect to get such satisfaction from the addition of the SCS. Well worth it. Well worth it. 

Nov 29, 2014 at 9:28 PM Post #92 of 436
  Just thought I'd peek in here to report on my SCS with my 846s. I've had them a couple months, and it is tough to describe what a great difference they have made in my 846 experience. The isolation, the comfort, the improved sound quality (due to the isolation alone or something else? Tough to say). 

Loved the 846s, and really didn't expect to get such satisfaction from the addition of the SCS. Well worth it. Well worth it. 

That is really great to hear, Roscoeiii.  Thank you for your thoughts regarding the SCS.  What color did you get?  Do you have any pictures of the SCS you would like to share?  

The SCS experience can definitely be a little difficult to describe, as the improvement with the addition of the SCS varies on an individual basis, but the increase of isolation is probably number 1 for most users.  Fit, impeccable seal, and depth of inserted custom sleeves also help with the improved sound quality.

Congrats, and I'm looking forward to seeing some SCS pics from you. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Dec 21, 2014 at 11:00 PM Post #93 of 436
Hey guys, just thought I would update the thread. I received my sleeves today in the mail for the SE425s. I requested for the full shell option (thanks for the user on here for letting me know). They fit wonderfully, I put them on for 5 minutes and forgot I had them on at all. Clarity improved on all ranges due to the better seal and its better attenuation abilities. The most noticeable improvement I heard was in the low regions. I could care less about bass quantity but the bass has improved a lot with these shells, still the deep extension but a slight touch extra in quantity which I don't mind. 

Turnaround time was quicker than I expected, they quoted me 14 business days due to the busy Christmas season but they managed to ship out my order in 11 business days which was extremely impressive. Thanks to Sensaphonics again for their great customer service and quality in their products. Sensaphonics deserves my highest recommendation and for anyone wanting to improve their sound and comfort for their SE series, this is a no-brainer to me.

I have attached some pics below as promised :)

Dec 22, 2014 at 3:35 AM Post #94 of 436
  Hey guys, just thought I would update the thread. I received my sleeves today in the mail for the SE425s. I requested for the full shell option (thanks for the user on here for letting me know). They fit wonderfully, I put them on for 5 minutes and forgot I had them on at all. Clarity improved on all ranges due to the better seal and its better attenuation abilities. The most noticeable improvement I heard was in the low regions. I could care less about bass quantity but the bass has improved a lot with these shells, still the deep extension but a slight touch extra in quantity which I don't mind. 

Turnaround time was quicker than I expected, they quoted me 14 business days due to the busy Christmas season but they managed to ship out my order in 11 business days which was extremely impressive. Thanks to Sensaphonics again for their great customer service and quality in their products. Sensaphonics deserves my highest recommendation and for anyone wanting to improve their sound and comfort for their SE series, this is a no-brainer to me.

Thank you for the impressions, cuiter23.  I'm happy that you are liking your SCS!  It's great that the bass quality and quantity has improved with your SE425 as well.  11 business days is really fast, and even more impressive that you received the custom sleeves that fast during the Christmas season.

Kudos for including pictures of your SCS, and enjoy your silicone CIEM version of the SE425!

Jan 4, 2015 at 3:53 AM Post #95 of 436
I am facing a small issue when using the SCS in the gym. During some exercise's I lose the seal & this affects the bass. Hence have switched back to the Westone true fit foams for the gym. Use SCS for normal listening.

Jan 4, 2015 at 1:06 PM Post #96 of 436
  I am facing a small issue when using the SCS in the gym. During some exercise's I lose the seal & this affects the bass. Hence have switched back to the Westone true fit foams for the gym. Use SCS for normal listening.

It's unfortunate you are facing this issue.  I experience no issues regarding losing seal while working out.  Your losing seal issue more than likely has to do with the method of how your audiologist created your ear mold impressions.  My Sensaphonics Double Gold Circle Audiologist did not use a bite block, had me open up my mouth for around a minute while the goo was inserted into my ear(s), and had me speak normally while the impressions were curing.  What method(s) did your audiologist use to create your ear mold impressions?

Jan 4, 2015 at 3:51 PM Post #98 of 436
Yeah, think the way the impressions were taken is the issue. Didn't have an open mouth.

That is more than likely the issue. I am not an audiologist, but I would say that having the mouth closed during the curing process would mean that you would have to keep your mouth closed with the SCS in your ears because that is how the ear mold impressions were cured. Since my mouth was opened and talked normally while my impressions were being cured meant there is more leeway regarding seal in more situations when the SCS are in my ears - hence having no issues when working out, talking, etcetera.

Jan 6, 2015 at 6:14 PM Post #99 of 436
That is more than likely the issue. I am not an audiologist, but I would say that having the mouth closed during the curing process would mean that you would have to keep your mouth closed with the SCS in your ears because that is how the ear mold impressions were cured. Since my mouth was opened and talked normally while my impressions were being cured meant there is more leeway regarding seal in more situations when the SCS are in my ears - hence having no issues when working out, talking, etcetera.

Got to agree with you there Moe. The pdf (Hey they dressed it up a bit)  on their website   regarding getting molds/impressions says:

Avoid using a bite block. Instead, when making ear impressions, start with your jaw open. Once the material has been injected, move your jaw to replicate the facial movements you make while performing. While the material is setting, vocalists should sing, horn players should bring a mouthpiece and play, and drummers should stick out their tongues (or make whatever other interesting faces they do while playing!). Performers should move their head up and down, left and right… Anything you do on stage, do it while the impression material sets.
We are experts at facilitating the ear impression process, so please don’t hesitate to contact Sensaphonics directly if you or your audiologist has any questions.
Toll-free US: 877-848-1714
International: 312-432-1714
http://www.sensaphonics.com/Ear%20Impressions%20How2.pdf

Wash Rinse Repeat :)

Happy New Year

Jan 18, 2015 at 11:50 PM Post #100 of 436
Feb 26, 2015 at 8:12 PM Post #101 of 436
Can anyone with the full shell sleeves comment on the fit of sleeves with the nozzle? I got the half shell sleeves about a year ago, when full shell was not an option, and the sleeves would fall off 846s drivers when they are not in my ear. I like to wear them to sleep, and I would wake up and they would disappear, or if I just want to wear one side and let the other side dangle the sleeves would fall off pretty easily. Anyway that's how I lost one, so I am ordering the full shell ones as a replacement. I will have the new ones soon so I can test it on my own, just seeing if anyone else has any experience. The stock tips would never fall off the nozzle.

Feb 26, 2015 at 9:01 PM Post #102 of 436
Can anyone with the full shell sleeves comment on the fit of sleeves with the nozzle? I got the half shell sleeves about a year ago, when full shell was not an option, and the sleeves would fall off 846s drivers when they are not in my ear. I like to wear them to sleep, and I would wake up and they would disappear, or if I just want to wear one side and let the other side dangle the sleeves would fall off pretty easily. Anyway that's how I lost one, so I am ordering the full shell ones as a replacement. I will have the new ones soon so I can test it on my own, just seeing if anyone else has any experience. The stock tips would never fall off the nozzle.

The sleeves (either regular or full shell) tend to get loose in time due to sweat, dander, dust, etcetera. The best way to make the sleeves so they are as tight as they once were is to take off the sleeves and clean them with mild soap and water. I have had to do this a few times, and that takes care of the looseness issue.

Feb 26, 2015 at 9:15 PM Post #103 of 436
Guess i will have to try that. Do you take them off when not using your earphones? I like using one ear only when I'm in public and don't want to block out all incoming noise. I've lost them on several occasions and found them. Eventually (sure enough) I lost one and couldn't find it.

Feb 26, 2015 at 11:21 PM Post #104 of 436
Guess i will have to try that. Do you take them off when not using your earphones? I like using one ear only when I'm in public and don't want to block out all incoming noise. I've lost them on several occasions and found them. Eventually (sure enough) I lost one and couldn't find it.

When I am not using them and they are in my case, I do keep them on my SE846. I use only one ear in public as well when I have to speak to someone, but it's great when they are both in my ears during the times I don't want to speak to anyone. I had one of them fall down as well when I had one out of my ear while I was outside (was able to find it) - then contacted Claudia, and she said that I needed to clean them so they keep their tackiness. I wash the inside of the tubes really well, clean the outsides of the sleeves and then air them out to dry. If you really don't want to lose them at all, you can take one off and then put it in your pocket if you need to take one IEM out.

Feb 27, 2015 at 3:58 AM Post #105 of 436
When I am not using them and they are in my case, I do keep them on my SE846. I use only one ear in public as well when I have to speak to someone, but it's great when they are both in my ears during the times I don't want to speak to anyone. I had one of them fall down as well when I had one out of my ear while I was outside (was able to find it) - then contacted Claudia, and she said that I needed to clean them so they keep their tackiness. I wash the inside of the tubes really well, clean the outsides of the sleeves and then air them out to dry. If you really don't want to lose them at all, you can take one off and then put it in your pocket if you need to take one IEM out.

I see you like to listen to iphone 6 directly without an amp, do you listen to spotify or your own music? If it's your own music, what quality is it and does it sound better than iphone 5s? Unfortunately I have the lowest capacity 5s so I just use spotify or listen to podcasts on the go. At home I listen to music/movies/games on a sound blaster z (amp) on PC and it is night and day (better soundstage, clearer details, more bass). Have you tried an amp with your iPhone? I would never carry one for convenience sake but also wonder if different players or amp would make a big difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back