[REVIEW]: Sensaphonics 3MAX Silicone Shelled Custom-Fit Stage Monitor And Sensaphonics Appreciation Thread
Jan 13, 2013 at 10:22 AM Post #46 of 77
Quote:
Hi Jack, could you like to do an estimate that, if I use Dry & Store Zephyr to dry my 2x-s, It can put out the oil layer between gel body and armatures? What I worry about is :1. The oil 's boiling point seemed not low enough; 2. the oil are closed in an almost airtight structure, no vent at all.

Or, all are counted on one thing that you had mentioned: "It seems the key is to not let the buildup to start".

GhostWing -- I'm much more a reporter than a scientist. Sensaphonics has had some excellent success with the Zephyr in addressing the oil issues of a few rare customers for whom oil build-up has been a vexing problem. By their descriptions, these situations closely mirror yours. But body chemistry is very individual, so it's impossible to make promises.

I strongly recommend that you call Sensaphonics and speak with them directly. (I don't work inside the walls there. I'm an indy marketing guy and they are a valued client.)

Jan 13, 2013 at 11:06 AM Post #47 of 77
Quote:

GhostWing -- I'm much more a reporter than a scientist. Sensaphonics has had some excellent success with the Zephyr in addressing the oil issues of a few rare customers for whom oil build-up has been a vexing problem. By their descriptions, these situations closely mirror yours. But body chemistry is very individual, so it's impossible to make promises.

I strongly recommend that you call Sensaphonics and speak with them directly. (I don't work inside the walls there. I'm an indy marketing guy and they are a valued client.)

I see, Thank you Jack.

Jan 23, 2013 at 7:10 PM Post #48 of 77
Just got my 2X-S yesterday. I didn't have a whole lot of time to spend with them yet... only a short listening session. So far they sound great, and pretty much identical to my last one. I tried using them with the Shure iPhone cables, and ... although they do "work", there is a problem with the Shure cable plug not being as long as the regular cable. The Shure cable has a "bend" in the plug designed for Shure's own IEMs, and with this bend the plug just barely fit inside the body of the 2X-S, with a very sharp upward bend that causes the cable to not wrap around the ear as tightly. So while it does work, it's not something I would really recommend.

Sound-wise, I think the Shure cable reduced some of the mid and lower bass, just by a small amount. So I guess I'll be sticking to the regular cable even though I won't have the convenience of the iPhone remote.

Jan 24, 2013 at 6:08 PM Post #49 of 77
Good initial impressions on your 2X-S and on the Shure iphone cables, lindrone. let us know as you get more time on the new customs.

Hopefully, Project 86 will have his review of the 3MAX up soon and will hop on this thread to let us know about it as his impressions evolve.

Feb 5, 2013 at 3:04 PM Post #51 of 77
To clarify:

Beyonce and her monitor engineer wore 2MAX.
The drummer, Queen Cora Dunham, wore 3D Active Ambient.
The rest of Beyonce's band and the band monitor engineer all wore 3MAX.

Feb 6, 2013 at 7:10 PM Post #52 of 77
I got a UE 900 replacement cable w/ iPhone remote control, and it works very, very well with the 2X-S. The plug stem into the earpieces are still a little bit short, but because the UE 900 plug stem has a wider angle (as opposed to a near 90 degrees turn with the Shure cable), and it has memory wire sleeve over the top of the ear, it stays in place much better than the Shure iPhone cable. The sound quality is close to identical with the stock 2X-S cable (although really, really discerning ears might find it just a little bit "airy" and slightly less warm). The UE 900 cable is also much higher quality than the Shure cable.

Mar 31, 2013 at 6:36 PM Post #53 of 77
Apr 3, 2013 at 11:17 AM Post #56 of 77
Quote:
IIRC, they went with the 2MAX for everyone -- Taylor, the band, and the tech crew.

You know, someone once wrote me breathlessly telling me that he'd buy whatever ciem Taylor had. Maybe I should pm him...

Apr 3, 2013 at 11:36 AM Post #57 of 77
There's a Sensaphonics' sale going on in April and May on their 3D Active Ambient Systems. These are silicone shelled ciems with a microphone built into the system so you can dial in exactly how much outside sound you want to hear! It's pretty incredible for musicians.
Here's the info on their website: http://www.sensaphonics.com/?p=2486

Apr 5, 2013 at 11:13 AM Post #58 of 77
More and more bands are going to the 3D Active Ambient for that reason. Recent adopters include Vintage Trouble, Radiohead, Richie Sambora, and Chris Cornell of Soundgarden. Stevie Wonder won't perform without his...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back