[REVIEW]: Sensaphonics 3MAX Silicone Shelled Custom-Fit Stage Monitor And Sensaphonics Appreciation Thread
Jan 19, 2014 at 12:42 AM Post #67 of 77
I wanted to post about some neat news from Sensaphonics:
There's a New Product from Sensaphonics released at NAMM! And there's a sale on Sensaphonics' ciems!

I'll quote from a well-known, handsome Sensaphonics rep:

The new product is a next-gen upgrade to the 3D Active Ambient IEM System called 3D AARO. The technology platform remains the same [kunlun note: The Sensaphonics 3D Active Ambient has tiny microphones built-in which allow the user to dial-in the exact amount of external sound or isolation they want--it's a big deal for stage musicians], but there are added three unique features, all of which are (I believe) firsts in the IEM industry:

1. Record Out — New stereo mini plug provides direct access to the output of the embedded binaural ambient mics. Add a portable digital recorder and you can capture exactly what you hear, with full directionality cues in place. The "tape head" community, field production crews, and nature recordists should love this.

2. Bass Boost – An internal switch that adds +10 dB to the low end. Great for performers on concrete stages; even greater for DJs who need or want to pump up the low end.

3.Quadaxial cable – A plug-in cable that looks like a coaxial we use on other models. The 3D requires double the signal flow, however (monitor source plus ambient mics, to and from the bodypack mixer/amp), so designing and tooling a reliable 4-lead plug-in cable has been a challenge. But we've done it.

The 3D AARO (Active Ambient, Record Out) is making its public debut on the NAMM show floor. Sensaphonics will be taking orders, but the system won't ship until the first production run of cables is delivered, tested and approved. 

Sensaphonics' Sale!  Intro pricing on the 3D AARO, $100 discounts on the 3MAX, 2MAX and 2X-S, and $25 discounts on Shure sleeves and Musicians Earplugs. We will also throw in Crystal Colors (normally a $50 option) at no charge. Plus, anyone ordering at the NAMM show also gets free ear impressions.

Starting Thursday 1/23 and running through Friday 1/31, this sale is open for everyone.

Back to Kunlun: On a personal note: I'd just like to say that $750 for a 2-MAX and $950 for a 3-MAX are well-worth looking into.

Jul 17, 2014 at 5:21 AM Post #70 of 77
I would like to applaud Sensaphonic's terrific customer service. I stay in India & buying anything custom made is a huge risk .

I started by purchasing a pair of Shure 846 custom sleeves and they were so helpful and quick in their replies to me. We don't have any audiologist here and they helped me even with the process of showing which material can be used , what is good and what to avoid. I convinced an ENT to do so and we managed to ear molds. My first impressions were wrong and they were nice in the entire process of nailing the correct fit . It took 2 trials and they extended their 30 day warranty for me. 

I finally went ahead and purchased a Sensaphonics 3MAX for myself since this is the only vendor who's given me the confidence for $1000 item. Heck my warranty period was extended to 75+ days since I was travelling , I wasn't charged an extra penny from them for refits I wanted. 

There may be 100s of IEM manufacturer but my money have only gone to 3MAX purely due to their amazing customer service . I live on the other side of the world in India and rate em absolutely 5 stars. 

Nov 28, 2014 at 4:00 PM Post #71 of 77
Just a heads-up, Sensaphonics is having a cyber Monday deal where you can get a free set of custom-fit silicone musician's earplugs with your Sensaphonics silicone ciems.

Check out the details:

http://www.sensaphonics.com/cyber-monday-deals-announced

May 7, 2015 at 11:33 AM Post #72 of 77
Just a heads-up, Sensaphonics is having a facebook raffle where if you like their page and share the raffle post, you are in the running for both a Sensaphonics 2-XS CIEM and the awesome ear-saving dB Check

Here's a review of the dB Check http://www.head-fi.org/t/657984/review-sensaphonics-db-check-in-ear-level-analyzer-you-only-need-it-if-you-have-ears

Nov 25, 2015 at 8:16 PM Post #74 of 77
Sensaphonics is having its holiday specials!

http://www.sensaphonics.com/announcing-our-2015-holiday-specials

3 offers, good through end of year:
Bundle the 846 with SCS for $1000, incl free color.
Buy any custom IEM, get choice of free Musicians Earplugs or  $100 off.
Buy Musicians Earplugs, get free color and free T-shirt.

Jan 22, 2016 at 3:21 AM Post #75 of 77
Just wanted to bump this thread; I'm at NAMM where I'm planning to buy from Sensaphonics, Westone, or JH Audio. I'm leaning Sensaphonics at this point just from my own universal fit prototype listens, but it's good to read a proper custom fit review!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back