Review : Sennheiser HD 25-1 II
May 29, 2012 at 3:38 AM Post #106 of 145
Quote:
can consider if the sound still not satisfied your ears~ can's change the sound signature,but hope can improve the sound qualities~

people said the copper cable will more suit for HD25~

now trying the DIY copper cable.

other choice is HD650 stock cable, this is OFC cable~

Still, does anyone think that it'd be a waste to silver-mod these cans? That'd probably have to include the thin wires running in between the cups, right?

Then again, silver might be a bit overkill for "portable" cans, though I'm curious as to how they may sound afterwards. Has anyone on this thread actually tried replacing their stock cables with that material? I'd heard that silver allows for a lot more detail and clarity than even OFC (most impressions formed from reading Bilavideo's SR-60 Mod thread).

Aug 5, 2012 at 10:00 PM Post #107 of 145
Thanks a lot insyte for the review
And this thread is very helpful talking about how to improve sound quality.
I order a pair from a head-fi member.
Will come back later to read more when my headphones arrive.

Aug 28, 2012 at 9:03 PM Post #108 of 145
Now I also curious that silver pair with hd25~ but I think will be too bright~ mayb can try copper coat with silver~ no time n money to try ~ haha :wink:

Oct 29, 2012 at 1:17 PM Post #109 of 145
As a new owner of these headphones I don't know if I can add anything that hasn't been said. I've owned some decent cans, but these were bought as my 'mobile' set.

The sound is fantastic for a pair of headphones so small. Neutral, clean, excellent isolation. Rather than create a huge review I'll just say these sound great for what they are.

Nov 15, 2012 at 9:22 PM Post #110 of 145
I have some Amperiors, and I really like 'em...

I'm thinking of getting this cable from Oyaide in the future to squeeze a bit more out of them.
Since the Amperior cable housing is a bit different from the HD25 1_II I'll have to order this from Sennheiser Europe, but with both of these I should be all set! It will probably take a month, but I really like/use the HD25 so often it'll be worth the wait/process.

The HD25 really is a great can for being out and about with limited bag space!

Nov 30, 2012 at 1:47 PM Post #111 of 145
I have had my first problem with these cans after some 6 years or more of fairly constant use and being banged around clubs and public transport.

One ear has become rather dull all of a sudden. I suspect a driver/connection problem, but I'm not 100% sure. Can anyone comment on this? It's like
one ear is muffled.

Thank you in advance.

Nov 30, 2012 at 2:32 PM Post #112 of 145
Hi!
I am seriously between these and the AKG 550.

What would be the absolute cheapest brand new price of the HD 25 Adidas (Only the Adidas, i love the color scheme)  in the US? 

Dec 6, 2012 at 8:22 PM Post #115 of 145
So what would be a good cable to get with these? I'm gonna buy some after i get my Audio Technica ATH M50's for portable use, and am curious whether they need a amp, and if getting a different cable is worth it.

Apr 3, 2013 at 5:07 PM Post #118 of 145
Need advice urgently - made this account just to ask this.

Ordering headphones TONIGHT so need replies

Do I get:
Audio Technica ATH-M50s
V-Moda Crossfade LP2s
V-Moda Crossfade M80s
AKG K550s
Sennheiser HD25-1 IIs

I listen to many genres of music, but primarily Jazz and Electronic stuff.
I appreciate good, clear punchy bass which doesn't bleed, but also need a well-rounded and precise sound to accommodate for Classical music and other genres which call for this.

Thanks in advance.

Apr 4, 2013 at 8:10 AM Post #119 of 145

My 2cents... Is the AKG550 550 or M80s.

The 550s arnt that portable though... So a lot depends on how you want to listen to your music. Best advice is SLOW DOWN take some time and do a bit more research. All those 'phones are good for different reasons. see if you can demo some at a store or a meet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back