Review : Sennheiser HD 25-1 II
Apr 18, 2012 at 10:20 AM Post #91 of 145
I prefer them Black also.

Just wondering if there was a Price Increase in the last year on these since I performed a Search and could not find anything.

They are in my Amazon Wish List but the lowest price on Amazon was $130 and they are now at $200.

Kind of mystified with this.

Quote:
White looks good, but too showy for me. I prefer nice and plain old black. I like the Senn logo as well.

May 5, 2012 at 3:51 AM Post #93 of 145
Quote:
So what aftermarket cables are good? I'm thinking of a Canare Starquad for mine. There are also others I could use, like Mogami and Vampire Cryo.

i also plan to use Canare Starquad to DIY a cable for my HD25-1...
you did it?how the result? ^ ^

May 5, 2012 at 12:50 PM Post #94 of 145
Quote:
Hmm, where did you manage to nab these cans in the Philippines? I've been looking for a decent pair of closed-backs for home/portable use, I've been curious about the 25-1s for quite some time now.

Did you nab them online, or is there a retail shop in Metro Manila that sell these for a decent price? Speaking of price, how much did they set you back?

Salamat :p

Try looking for Egghead Audiohub from Robinsons Galleria. They have a wide range cans there and iems too!

https://www.facebook.com/eggheadph

May 20, 2012 at 1:24 AM Post #95 of 145
One of my favorite cans! They're so portable and fun to listen to. Got mine for $150 and I alternate between them and my D2000s. Glad I found this thread!

May 20, 2012 at 11:16 AM Post #96 of 145
Quote:
One of my favorite cans! They're so portable and fun to listen to. Got mine for $150 and I alternate between them and my D2000s. Glad I found this thread!

welcome to HD25 world~

May 20, 2012 at 9:00 PM Post #97 of 145
I don't think how many people realise how good these babies can sound straight out of the box.

Forget the changes. These puppies sound great with any reasnable front end. I use mine with a Neco soundlab v3 and an Ipod 5g.

Forget all the cable changes just enjoy the music. Now mine is burnt in it sounds better than sex itself. Well nearly...!!!

May 20, 2012 at 10:15 PM Post #98 of 145
Do you guys recommend changing the cables? Which cables?

May 24, 2012 at 9:12 PM Post #100 of 145
Quote:
Do you guys recommend changing the cables? Which cables?

can consider if the sound still not satisfied your ears~ can's change the sound signature,but hope can improve the sound qualities~

people said the copper cable will more suit for HD25~

now trying the DIY copper cable.

other choice is HD650 stock cable, this is OFC cable~

May 27, 2012 at 8:56 PM Post #103 of 145
Hi:

I am new at the site. I've owned the Senn Hd 25-1 II for five years and enjoyed them tremendously. I use them only on the road (I have a dedicated listening room at home and I don't need a can there). My question: what is the next step in the never ending search for a better on the road sound if I don't like IEMs? (I have a Shure 500 and while the sound is quite good, the comfort level is not). My budget is U$S 400-500. Many thanks for your help, Pablo.

May 29, 2012 at 3:33 AM Post #105 of 145
Quote:

Try looking for Egghead Audiohub from Robinsons Galleria. They have a wide range cans there and iems too!

https://www.facebook.com/eggheadph

Dang, I just gave up on those cans. I bought a K242 in their stead. While not necessarily as workable as a portable can, the SQ pretty much makes up for the inconvenience it causes me. I just wish that they were better at sound isolation, but that's probably asking a bit much of a semi-open set of cans. 

Still, getting those Senns for outdoor use is a thought...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back