Review : Sennheiser HD 25-1 II
Sep 18, 2014 at 9:30 PM Post #136 of 145
  I am in process buying myself 1-ii, and i rly want to know if iphones output power is satisfying? i got chance to try HD 25 SP version, but volume wasnt enough loud straight from my xperia android phone.

TNX!

You're going to want an amp for these.  Perhaps something like the FiiO E12 or E18.  I used them with the E7 for a year or so before moving onto the HD650's.

Sep 29, 2014 at 11:08 AM Post #137 of 145
  I am in process buying myself 1-ii, and i rly want to know if iphones output power is satisfying? i got chance to try HD 25 SP version, but volume wasnt enough loud straight from my xperia android phone.

TNX!

You mention iPhone and Xperia ... which will you be using with these cans?

With my old portable source, a Sansa Fuze, the HD 25 1-II definitely needed an amp.

With my iPhone 5S, the HD 25 1-II sounds awesome and does not need an amp.

Please note that the output and sound quality of iPhones varies by model. The 5S is so far the best-sounding iPhone. I can't vouch for the iPhone 4 or iPhone 5c with these cans.

S

Oct 1, 2014 at 12:02 PM Post #138 of 145
These are on special at B&H at the moment for $113.45! If the links below don't work, try googling them.

--Ned

http://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai=C5WWoSCQsVM3wAZSL-gP72YGgCsLXtMwFgtOk9bwB-s7Uu70CCAQQASC2VCgDUJmYgARgyZbRhsijoBmgAZ3kyPcDyAEHqgQnT9AfK9XPM0Y4ozG5TBbKf0TAZFHNUuP1NzEFjDsiJCWwOQmIa3PWgAWQTsAFBaAGJoAHpP6FCYgHAZAHAqgHpr4b4BKD6OGPqd61g7cB&sig=AOD64_0mTksjJZ8AMIzY7-pUlcT7YUMn_Q&ctype=5&rct=j&q=&ved=0CCMQww8&adurl=http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home%3FO%3Dproductlist.jsp%26A%3Dcart%26Q%3Dadd%26q%3D1%26sku%3D751941%26is%3DREG%26BI%3D225%26kw%3DSEHD25SP2&cad=rja

or:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist.jsp&sku=751941&is=REG&gclid=Cj0KEQjwzK6hBRCbzLz_r_f-3tkBEiQA-zyWsBf-3nfMgHWxAuftfJjF_prf8YENMslRiUhrflX9stEaAiAc8P8HAQ&Q=add&q=1&A=cart

Oct 8, 2014 at 5:18 PM Post #141 of 145
And it is lower in price than HD25-1 II

iBuds are also inferior in quality and a different beast from HD25.  A trap for young players there.

Oct 9, 2014 at 8:23 PM Post #142 of 145
You miss the point.

It's true that ibuds are cheaper and inferior in quality, but a person who reads a rave review about the HD 25 1-II and goes out to buy them is unlikely to mistakenly buy ibuds. He could, however, buy the HD 25 SP by accident, because it has a similar name.

Nedifer made this exact mistake in the link above.

S

Oct 10, 2014 at 3:38 PM Post #143 of 145
Oh, you're right.

Jul 12, 2015 at 3:17 AM Post #144 of 145
I'm really comfortable with HD-25 bass wise, too the point I think I will break them pushing it too much. My only problem is they don't sit too well on the ears need to put a headband around them to seal it properly. Where on the other hand where they're not even sealed they cause cuts to my ears due to the pressure of the bands. This made me want to switch to open-ear headphones. I am switching the pads to velour, maybe it will help.

Over all, with the ALPEN 2 as I said it pushes the bass perceptibly beyond the cans limit. On certain artist the lack of power definitely comes out. The vocal ranges are not bright by any means, and on dark tracks it becomes hard to enjoy. The details are adequate however it in general seems very distant. I don't mind audio sounding as if it takes the long path to reach your ears, however these are right there and it just seems to be in the background. It could be a lot more vivid, and attentive, brought forward.

I am updating to a silver dragon V3 to improve the detail aspect, beyond that I would probably switch to the T1's or LCD2. Leaning more towards the T1. Will see how the cables/pads improve the issues I addressed above. All so commissioning moon-audio for a mini co-ax to go between my Alpen 2 and X3II.

Sorry for my horrible literature, still new to audio appreciation, going to try out golden ears to improve my terminology.

Oct 31, 2015 at 12:40 AM Post #145 of 145
So I just grabbed a pair of these on my Sweet Water Card, honestly 24months no interest at like 11$ ain't bad!

Really I've been needing a pair of Headphones for the Gym more than anything an I think these are the way to go

I heard them at the VERY beggining of my head-fi journey! When I had my XB 700, I was impressed how much mid bass slam these had but I do remember how "cramped" they sounded

as a guy who owns a TON of open backs an INSANE modded Closed backs I'm curious to see how I'll react to these! Though in all honesty, I just grabbed my self a LG v10 an I think the HD 25 is going to look very nice with the Phone while I'm at work. Jet Black on Jet Black [fingers crossed my boss man won't freak out though wearing senn hesiers, in a store that sells beats xD]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back