Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Mar 26, 2016 at 4:29 AM Post #1,202 of 7,140

That definitely spells how how it'd be a pain...

Curious from what people have experienced with other DAPs - I'm assuming the 9999 has less to do with a simple programming error regarding the bit-length of the db entry than if they make it unlimited it'll take up too many resources (esp RAM) and slow things down to a halt.

If folder nav is fast in my case it wouldn't be a deal breaker, but then again having "fast scroll" would help on that front as well.

I have no technical knowledge as to the how or the why, Questyle decided to go this route, I'm just using my experience with other players as a guide. I in no way, mean to disparage the SQ of the QP1R, it's just that the UI/software doesn't seem to support the capabilities of the hardware. I'm sure(?) Questyle will overcome these hurdles with a FW update in the near future but at the moment, IMO and because of my listening habits, the UI omissions make the player more of a chore to use and distracts from the sonic enjoyment this exemplary DAP is capable of.

Mar 26, 2016 at 4:34 AM Post #1,203 of 7,140
Yep, been an Arsenal fan since I was a very young kid and hundreds of matches later, I'm still going, it's more addictive than music for me.

Great reviews by the way, that's what tipped me over the edge.

Maybe you should guide me around with regards to Arsenal if you can make CanJam London this year! Thanks regarding the comment about my reviews, I most appreciate the kind words. I want to write and post more, but life has been getting in the way (coaching, baby daughter, etcetera). I'm going to bite the mouthguard and get to writing more! :normal_smile :

Mar 26, 2016 at 5:49 AM Post #1,204 of 7,140
Have just placed an order with peter at double helix cables who was great in guiding me what to purchase. the cable is symbiote sp 8 wire with a little bit of rose gold for the connector. These are for my already wonderful k10u. The end result hopefully to compliment my amazing qp1r. Cant wait for arrival of these. Will update you all

Mar 26, 2016 at 10:24 AM Post #1,205 of 7,140
The same here mate, just placed my order as well.

I must admit, that finding a 10% discount voucher did push me over the edge though.

Hi fellow Goooner, where is there currently 10% deals? Watched Arsenal since the days of George Armstrong and Charlie George. Just don't get me going on our managers inadequacies in the transfer market!

Mar 26, 2016 at 10:27 AM Post #1,206 of 7,140
Hi fellow Goooner, where is there currently 10% deals? Watched Arsenal since the days of George Armstrong and Charlie George. Just don't get me going on our managers inadequacies in the transfer market!

Guys talking about Wenger's transfer policy will lead to a meltdown in this thread. I suggest it be moved someplace else.

Mar 26, 2016 at 10:30 AM Post #1,207 of 7,140

We pay through the nose to go to matches, in a 60k stadium, yet we spend virtually nothing, in any other job, he'd have been shown the door ages ago, it defies belief.  Anyway, I'll stop there, or I'll go into a major rant.

The code that I used was YIELD#10, which worked fine.

Mar 26, 2016 at 11:12 AM Post #1,208 of 7,140
The QP1R does feature fast scroll: to use it, press the capacitive track forward/backward button and hold it. The screen will scroll each page around 10 times/pages or more a second (very quickly).
There has been back and forth with the community - hence the firmware updates. I am looking forward to the future updates, but currently, I'm enjoying the QP1R to the fullest, not worrying about something that I have a solution for - Browse Files means I do not have a 9999 or any number limit - I can browse and play whatever track I want without issue. I would suggest listening to the QP1R and forming your own opinion on the product. Let us know what you think when you listen to it for yourself!

That's great to know about fast scroll, and of course I listened to it already...give me some credit! :)

What I haven't listened to is the Onkyo, the most obvious competitor (same price for me, completely different philosophy). Would still love the nits and bolts in that players quirks from a perspective of a QP owner, not in terms of features but in terms of fiddly bits.

Given that, really, I want a player for flights and subways, it's an iPod/X5 replacement for me, and the QP sure (Shure?) sounds like the leading contender. If it wasn't $1200cdn I'd be happier, but that's my dollar's fault :)

I'll be in Tampa in a week in case someone knows a good retailer there! Heh.

Meanwhile, bemused wer are all Gooners, who knew a bunch of Arse-holes would congregate to talk footy and music playback. Small world....

Mar 26, 2016 at 11:36 AM Post #1,209 of 7,140
Guys talking about Wenger's transfer policy will lead to a meltdown in this thread. I suggest it be moved someplace else.

Calm down it was one and a half posts. Oh and yours...

Mar 26, 2016 at 11:58 AM Post #1,210 of 7,140
Have just placed an order with peter at double helix cables who was great in guiding me what to purchase. the cable is symbiote sp 8 wire with a little bit of rose gold for the connector. These are for my already wonderful k10u. The end result hopefully to compliment my amazing qp1r. Cant wait for arrival of these. Will update you all

I had a cable sitting in my cart last night and was ready to pull the trigger on the order. I wish that I could actually speak to someone to get the small details worked out like the connector. The QP was a huge improvement in sound coming from my X5/E12A. I'm hesitant to believe that I would hear a similar % improvement moving from my existing Reference Silver Litz cable to the a DH 8 Strand SP. Any thoughts from those "in the know?"

Mar 26, 2016 at 12:22 PM Post #1,211 of 7,140
On par with mojo and hugo?.. Damn I gotta get me this

True enough.  My comp was down again this week: (self-infolicted).  Nothing to feed to my Hugo.  Didn't miss it that much; QP1R even handled my LCD-X  no problem.  I'd say QP and Hugo on par, at least for satisfaction.
In fact, if I wasn't so satisfied with all my present gear, I'd be aiming for the Questyle desktop setup with their 800R and maybe 192D.  I'm sold on the sound from this company.
@andrewh13, we've been there with the X5 for FW improvements and I think we'll see a comparable improvement with the QP.  Just my belief.

Mar 26, 2016 at 12:39 PM Post #1,212 of 7,140
That's great to know about fast scroll, and of course I listened to it already...give me some credit! :)

What I haven't listened to is the Onkyo, the most obvious competitor (same price for me, completely different philosophy). Would still love the nits and bolts in that players quirks from a perspective of a QP owner, not in terms of features but in terms of fiddly bits.

Given that, really, I want a player for flights and subways, it's an iPod/X5 replacement for me, and the QP sure (Shure?) sounds like the leading contender. If it wasn't $1200cdn I'd be happier, but that's my dollar's fault :)

I'll be in Tampa in a week in case someone knows a good retailer there! Heh.

Meanwhile, bemused wer are all Gooners, who knew a bunch of Arse-holes would congregate to talk footy and music playback. Small world....

Good luck in your endeavors.

Mar 26, 2016 at 12:47 PM Post #1,213 of 7,140
True enough.  My comp was down again this week: (self-infolicted).  Nothing to feed to my Hugo.  Didn't miss it that much; QP1R even handled my LCD-X  no problem.  I'd say QP and Hugo on par, at least for satisfaction.
In fact, if I wasn't so satisfied with all my present gear, I'd be aiming for the Questyle desktop setup with their 800R and maybe 192D.  I'm sold on the sound from this company.
@andrewh13, we've been there with the X5 for FW improvements and I think we'll see a comparable improvement with the QP.  Just my belief.

I agree. The CMA600i is the new product in town, maybe you should add that one to your auditions if you are able to as well.

The QP1R does handle the LCD-X with power and aplomb as well. Lively combination!

Mar 26, 2016 at 12:58 PM Post #1,214 of 7,140
I had a cable sitting in my cart last night and was ready to pull the trigger on the order. I wish that I could actually speak to someone to get the small details worked out like the connector. The QP was a huge improvement in sound coming from my X5/E12A. I'm hesitant to believe that I would hear a similar % improvement moving from my existing Reference Silver Litz cable to the a DH 8 Strand SP. Any thoughts from those "in the know?"

That's what I am upgrading from...
biggrin.gif

+1!  I agree...with further updates, the UI and even functionality will improve.
Cheers and All the Best! 
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Mar 27, 2016 at 9:28 AM Post #1,215 of 7,140
Okay, I admit that I'm completely enamored with the qp1r. It's ability to drive both Ether open and closed and maintain wonderful synergy is really impressive. But, the ability to drive the hd800 is almost befuddling. Well done Questyle!!

I honestly having a hard time finding areas to nit-pick with this DAP. I concede that a full length hi-res touch screen would have been nice. But I'll gladly forgive that for the sound quality the qp1r renders so flawlessly. Also, a balanced output option would be nice...just to satisfy my last bit of curiosity about the qp1r's potential. 

One question. How loose is the volume knob intended on this unit. There seems to be a good bit of wiggle before it kicks the volume over to the next level. Is this normal?

kindly,

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back