Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Mar 19, 2016 at 9:56 PM Post #1,111 of 7,140

Ohh I see. Had a knowledgeable friend tell me once that running BAs on too high of a gain can increase the chances of killing the drivers. And one of the BAs in a cheap ciem of mine did die after a few days of sending them to a friend for "burn in" on his powerful rig. Just saying that you might want to lower the gain? Could double check with John on that. K10 would be too good to blow

Mar 19, 2016 at 10:16 PM Post #1,112 of 7,140
Ohh I see. Had a knowledgeable friend tell me once that running BAs on too high of a gain can increase the chances of killing the drivers. And one of the BAs in a cheap ciem of mine did die after a few days of sending them to a friend for "burn in" on his powerful rig. Just saying that you might want to lower the gain? Could double check with John on that. K10 would be too good to blow

I totally agree. Way too nice to ruin. I did a proper break in on these and pretty much drove em like I stole em ever since. Usually under-powering them does the most damage but I still dont think its too loud to damage. I will double check however. Can't afford to replace these now and the shure se415's I got as backups SUUUUUUUUCK. Couldn't imagine having to listen to them while replacing the k10's; But that's an entirely different forum...

Mar 20, 2016 at 3:20 AM Post #1,113 of 7,140
I totally agree. Way too nice to ruin. I did a proper break in on these and pretty much drove em like I stole em ever since. Usually under-powering them does the most damage but I still dont think its too loud to damage. I will double check however. Can't afford to replace these now and the shure se415's I got as backups SUUUUUUUUCK. Couldn't imagine having to listen to them while replacing the k10's; But that's an entirely different forum...

Well... we are talking about pairing it with the qp1r lol. I'd think dynamic iems would make better use of the power of the qp1r. Iems perhaps like the dita and Sony ex1000. The high performing DDs.

Mar 20, 2016 at 2:16 PM Post #1,115 of 7,140
What volume are you listening to at the low level? I have excellent hearing and even found at the medium setting, I wasn't getting the drive I felt I should be.

I guess that will vary a lot from person to person.Even what "drive" means may be different. I just tried out my K10s with the QP1R now. On low gain, I set the volume somewhere between 9 up to 15 usually, at most. I tend to adjust the volume every other song or so. On high gain, I'm not really sensing much of a difference, other than the volume is higher than what seems comfortable to me. Please be careful with your listening levels. It's very easy to want to listen at too high a volume. Sure, for one song, I may crank up the volume a bit, but just for a few minutes.

Mar 21, 2016 at 4:56 AM Post #1,116 of 7,140
Anyone try the QP1R with the new JH Audio's JH13V2's yet? I am thinking about using my tax returns for the purchase

I listened to the combination at CanJam SoCal this weekend. I will say the V2 is in my opinion a substantial departure from the 1st version's sound, is pretty warm sounding and not as detailed to my ears compared to the 1st version. Even though the Angie is a brighter sounding IEM to my ears compared to the V2, I personally prefer the overall sound signature of the Angie more than the JH13V2. I would try to audition all models if you can to find out which IEM is the most satisfying for your wants and needs.

Mar 21, 2016 at 5:49 AM Post #1,117 of 7,140
I listened to the combination at CanJam SoCal this weekend. I will say the V2 is in my opinion a substantial departure from the 1st version's sound, is pretty warm sounding and not as detailed to my ears compared to the 1st version. Even though the Angie is a brighter sounding IEM to my ears compared to the V2, I personally prefer the overall sound signature of the Angie more than the JH13V2. I would try to audition all models if you can to find out which IEM is the most satisfying for your wants and needs.

Hey Moe tried the UERR with your QP1R?

Mar 21, 2016 at 12:18 PM Post #1,118 of 7,140
Hey Moe tried the UERR with your QP1R?

Not yet - I can go to their headquarters in Irvine and listen to the UERR if you really want to know how the combination sounds. I did listen to the UE5 at the Echobox booth. Not a bad IEM if you want a warm and smooth sound - may not be the most resolute IEM compared to others (including IEMs in its own lineup), but is still an adequate listen.

I got to listen and compare with a few DAPS including the newest Onkyo and Pionner, Echobox, Fiio X7, and a couple of Cayins. I'll have an update including my thoughts on all in the near future.

Mar 21, 2016 at 12:39 PM Post #1,119 of 7,140
Not yet - I can go to their headquarters in Irvine and listen to the UERR if you really want to know how the combination sounds. I did listen to the UE5 at the Echobox booth. Not a bad IEM if you want a warm and smooth sound - may not be the most resolute IEM compared to others (including IEMs in its own lineup), but is still an adequate listen.

I got to listen and compare with a few DAPS including the newest Onkyo and Pionner, Echobox, Fiio X7, and a couple of Cayins. I'll have an update including my thoughts on all in the near future.

Don't trouble yourself for such a thing. Just tell me your thoughts when you finally hear the combination.

Mar 21, 2016 at 1:26 PM Post #1,120 of 7,140
Don't trouble yourself for such a thing. Just tell me your thoughts when you finally hear the combination.

It may not be til next month til I get to listen to it (hopefully in Chicago) - I'm relatively interested to hear it anyways, and I'm due for a new UE shirt, so should definitely go sooner than later. :normal_smile :

Mar 21, 2016 at 1:38 PM Post #1,121 of 7,140
It may not be til next month til I get to listen to it (hopefully in Chicago) - I'm relatively interested to hear it anyways, and I'm due for a new UE shirt, so should definitely go sooner than later.
normal_smile .gif

Double up on that UE shirt and donate one to a friend you kind fella. Or maybe I should get one en-route during a trip to the states. Highly likely and in planning stages.

Mar 21, 2016 at 3:11 PM Post #1,122 of 7,140
Double up on that UE shirt and donate one to a friend you kind fella. Or maybe I should get one en-route during a trip to the states. Highly likely and in planning stages.

What size do you wear? I'll do my best to hook you up with one, my friend. Let me know when or if you'll be in Southern Cali, and I'll show you around! :beerchug:

Mar 21, 2016 at 4:52 PM Post #1,123 of 7,140
What size do you wear? I'll do my best to hook you up with one, my friend. Let me know when or if you'll be in Southern Cali, and I'll show you around!
beerchug.gif

Sent you a PM. Move the conversation there.

Mar 21, 2016 at 4:58 PM Post #1,124 of 7,140
Mar 21, 2016 at 5:00 PM Post #1,125 of 7,140
Got it and I'll see what I can do.

Btw I kinda regret listening to your QP1R. After I got mine my Calyx M is embarking on a journey to dust collection. Seriously if they made it with a better battery it would be a much viable option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back