Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Oct 7, 2017 at 4:38 PM Post #5,431 of 7,140
anyone ever pair qp1r with jh angie II? is it have a good synergy?

how about with ex1000? im intrigued to buy between angie or ex1000 to pair it with my qp1r. my playlist is from bon jovi, gary clark jr., daftpunk, adele, bruno mars and many more. various genre. right now i onlypair it with k10u acrylic version.
Angies I. Great and clear. SilverDragon as well.

Oct 7, 2017 at 7:57 PM Post #5,432 of 7,140

how about with ex1000? im intrigued to buy between angie or ex1000 to pair it with my qp1r. my playlist is from bon jovi, gary clark jr., daftpunk, adele, bruno mars and many more. various genre. right now i onlypair it with k10u acrylic version.

I use the QP1R with the Angie II and it sounds great with good synergy.

Oct 8, 2017 at 10:54 PM Post #5,433 of 7,140

I've tried it with a friend's EX1000 once. Very good and dynamic pairing. Music comes alive!

I'll go ahead and say QP1R goes well with any IEM I threw at it. It injects details, dynamism and air into the signature. Even IEMs with signatures dependent on output impedance (Andromeda, U/A12) plays nice with the 1R. It's also why I live with all its shortcomings bcos the SQ, power and matchability is just so so good.

Oct 9, 2017 at 3:39 AM Post #5,434 of 7,140
thx for the reply guys, i really apprecite it. finally i take angie II, i hope it suit my preference

Oct 9, 2017 at 12:06 PM Post #5,436 of 7,140
Hi All

I'm pretty sure I'm going to order some Shure SE846's for my QP1R, but before I do, should I look at anything else up to say £1,000?

I can't listen to anything as I live in Jersey, a small island between England and France with no audio retailers.

Regards

Darren

I love SE846 on Questyle QP1R in single ended and on Sony NW-WM1A in balanced. You can't go wrong. I use the white nozzle filters. I also find that the only cable aftermarket cable that fits them snuggly is ALO Audio.

Oct 9, 2017 at 1:12 PM Post #5,437 of 7,140
Hi All

I'm pretty sure I'm going to order some Shure SE846's for my QP1R, but before I do, should I look at anything else up to say £1,000?

I can't listen to anything as I live in Jersey, a small island between England and France with no audio retailers.

Regards

Darren

I doubt you'd be disappointed with the SE846. They're great IEMs, and they have tons of tuning options (even beyond that of the stock black, blue or white filters).
I also like the FLC8S and the Xelento. They both have better treble extension beyond 10 kHz, but poorer isolation (much poorer in the case of the Xelento). It might depend on how much you need sound isolation over there in Jersey :wink:

Oct 9, 2017 at 2:07 PM Post #5,438 of 7,140
Hi All

Regards

Darren
I modified the blue filters, giving you closer to a white filtered sound but retaining the bass of the blue. They work well with the QP.

Oct 9, 2017 at 10:35 PM Post #5,439 of 7,140
Hi All

Regards

Darren
SE846 has quite an accomplished tuning, and you can fine-tune via filters. The only downside is the relatively small soundstage. At the same price range, you can consider:

-Campfire Andromeda (wide soundstage, superb treble, airy and detailed signature, but might be bass-light for some, and fit doesn't agree with some)
-Beyerdynamic Xelento / AK T8iE MKII (exciting, immersive tuning with impressive imaging, but can get a bit tiring after listening for a long time)
-JH Audio Angie (smooth, vocal-centric tuning with smooth treble, wide soundstage and adjustable bass, but the size of the shell may turn off some)
-Oriolus MK2 (fun and airy tuning, sounds like a warmer Andromeda and is a good all-rounder, but harder to get)

The Massdrop special Noble K10U for $899 is also a very good deal. The K10 has amazing coherency and very nice mids.

Oct 10, 2017 at 5:09 AM Post #5,441 of 7,140
SE846 has quite an accomplished tuning, and you can fine-tune via filters. The only downside is the relatively small soundstage. At the same price range, you can consider:

-Campfire Andromeda (wide soundstage, superb treble, airy and detailed signature, but might be bass-light for some, and fit doesn't agree with some)
-Beyerdynamic Xelento / AK T8iE MKII (exciting, immersive tuning with impressive imaging, but can get a bit tiring after listening for a long time)
-JH Audio Angie (smooth, vocal-centric tuning with smooth treble, wide soundstage and adjustable bass, but the size of the shell may turn off some)
-Oriolus MK2 (fun and airy tuning, sounds like a warmer Andromeda and is a good all-rounder, but harder to get)

The Massdrop special Noble K10U for $899 is also a very good deal. The K10 has amazing coherency and very nice mids.
The Angies are my main IEM, the 846s are good when you need something small in the ear, such as when you're listening in bed. But, the one downside that really bugs me at this moment, is that if there is something wrong with your player, such as mine, the 846 is very sensitive and will expose any flaws.

Oct 10, 2017 at 8:39 PM Post #5,442 of 7,140
Great news, I think. At least, a response from Questyle. They forwarded my email to AmericanSound in Toronto, and they emailed me, offering assistance. Hopefully, they have the know-how to repair it. Talk to them, tomorrow and we'll see.

Oct 11, 2017 at 10:53 AM Post #5,444 of 7,140
Yay! Good luck with that @UELong - hope it gets sorted out quickly :)
Update: I talked to the people in Toronto/Richmond Hill, and they say that, in so many words; they can't fix a QP1R. They can fix the bigger Questyle products, but can't repair the QP. So, since QuestyleAudio of NORTH AMERICA fobed me off on some store without the ability to deal with their buildable-but-not-repairable tiny sophisticated units, I'll have to continue using it in its defective state. That means Angies, not SE846s, since the latter are too sensitive and bring the noise to a high level.
I think Questyle made the perfect DAP for my limitations, visually; and with a great sound. But, I now feel that I've been stuc with a can$1365.00 boondogle. When my Chord Hugo broke, it was quickly fixed through my dealer in Essex, outside of Windsor. However, that is the exception to the rule of high-tech, these days. My expensive bookreader would have cost about as much to repair as to replace; so it's gone. In conclusion to this long rant: I'm getting tired of this throw-away world we've created. From now on, I'll be buying equipment from companies with western values.

Oct 11, 2017 at 10:57 AM Post #5,445 of 7,140
Update: I talked to the people in Toronto/Richmond Hill, and they say that, in so many words; they can't fix a QP1R. They can fix the bigger Questyle products, but can't repair the QP. So, since QuestyleAudio of NORTH AMERICA fobed me off on some store without the ability to deal with their buildable-but-not-repairable tiny sophisticated units, I'll have to continue using it in its defective state. That means Angies, not SE846s, since the latter are too sensitive and bring the noise to a high level.
I think Questyle made the perfect DAP for my limitations, visually; and with a great sound. But, I now feel that I've been stuc with a can$1365.00 boondogle. When my Chord Hugo broke, it was quickly fixed through my dealer in Essex, outside of Windsor. However, that is the exception to the rule of high-tech, these days. My expensive bookreader would have cost about as much to repair as to replace; so it's gone. In conclusion to this long rant: I'm getting tired of this throw-away world we've created. From now on, I'll be buying equipment from companies with western values.

That's not good. Feeling your pain :frowning2:

Is your QP1R still under warranty?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back