Deleted.

Attachments

• QP1R.jpg
    QP1R.jpg
    492.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oct 3, 2017 at 4:00 AM Post #5,402 of 7,140
Hi Darren

Do you prefer the QP1R over the Fiio X7ii in terms of sound quality also?

I am looking to replace my X5ii, but I don't really want (or am unlikely to use) the Android features of the newer DAPS and have 'narrowed' down my search to the QP1R and the Opus # 1. I also don't want to stack (i have the E12A).

Oct 3, 2017 at 4:23 AM Post #5,403 of 7,140
Hi Darren

Do you prefer the QP1R over the Fiio X7ii in terms of sound quality also?

I am looking to replace my X5ii, but I don't really want (or am unlikely to use) the Android features of the newer DAPS and have 'narrowed' down my search to the QP1R and the Opus # 1. I also don't want to stack (i have the E12A).
I can't give you direct comparisons with the other DAPs. But, you won't need to stack with the QP. I had the original X5, and the QP is night-n-day different.

Oct 3, 2017 at 6:02 AM Post #5,405 of 7,140
There probably isn't that much in it. I would be and am happy with both. The QP1R is more powerful in its ability to drive headphones, even compared to my X7ii with the AM5 amp module. I also think the QP1R has more micro detail.

It's also nice not having an Android DAP, because I only ever use "File browsing mode", so don't need the streaming etc. Also, I don't need the bugs that most Android DAPs seem to include free of charge.

Anyway, I don't need two high end DAPs and that's why the X7ii is for sale.

Regards

Darren

PS. Let me know what you want for the X5ii when so sell it.

Thanks for the reply Darren

I will let you know when / if I decide to sell my X5ii, but I will need to get my replacement in first! I also use file browsing and don't bother with streaming etc (I have a phone for that anyway) and am not keen on Android and all the 'quirks' that come with it.

Oct 3, 2017 at 6:30 AM Post #5,406 of 7,140
I can't give you direct comparisons with the other DAPs. But, you won't need to stack with the QP. I had the original X5, and the QP is night-n-day different.

Thanks for the response, I think the X5 and X5ii are supposed to sound fairly similar, I had the X5 briefly but couldn't handle the boot up time, the X5ii has a great 'deep sleep' facility :)

Oct 5, 2017 at 8:01 AM Post #5,409 of 7,140
Does anyone know a good review of the QP2R? I've tried to Google it, but there's not much out there. Is Questyle being overlooked for some reason?

Have you tried the QP2R thread? I remember seeing impressions in it.

Oct 5, 2017 at 9:00 AM Post #5,411 of 7,140
Does anyone know a good review of the QP2R? I've tried to Google it, but there's not much out there. Is Questyle being overlooked for some reason?
Just this morning: http://headphone.guru/questyle-audio-qp2r-digital-audio-player/

It actually tweaked my upgraditis cyndrome for a few seconds. But, since my 1R is still working for the most part, I'd like to wait for the possible next model in hope that they can return to a 2-slot configuration. But, on paper at least, it looks like an excellent uptake from the 1R.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 5, 2017 at 10:18 AM Post #5,413 of 7,140
Just this morning: http://headphone.guru/questyle-audio-qp2r-digital-audio-player/

It actually tweaked my upgraditis cyndrome for a few seconds. But, since my 1R is still working for the most part, I'd like to wait for the possible next model in hope that they can return to a 2-slot configuration. But, on paper at least, it looks like an excellent uptake from the 1R.

Thanks so much for the link! And no disrespect intended here @UELong - I know you're intending to be helpful. But what's crucially missing in this review is the all-important (detailed) comparison against the QP1R; it's barely mentioned at the end.

Is is just me? Or does it bug the heck out of anybody else to read audio reviews that go like this...

"Putting on Satriani’s Shockwave Supernova, Joe’s guitar solos soared and delivered tone, growl and bite. On Chicago II’s Movin’ In, Peter Cetera’s bass digs deep down the fretboard with solid, clear and low bass, while Walter Parazaider’s flute flairs as the intensity of the track rises. On the Dave Brubeck's “Three to Get Ready”, the alto sax was breathy and had that rasp of reedy vibration." Etc., etc.

This is the sort of garbage produced daily by the likes of Steve Guttenburg. I can't believe people get paid for writing this sort of nonsense. It's worthless. It tells you nothing about how the device compares against even a SanDisk clip!

If people need a good, detailed review before taking the plunge, I'd suggest waiting for a proper review by someone like @moedawg140 that actually knows what they're talking about!

P.S. In my very brief comparisons with the two, QP2R seemed as detailed up top, but with a richer, smoother sound; its low end (sub bass) might not have had quite as much kick as the QP1R.

Oct 5, 2017 at 3:50 PM Post #5,415 of 7,140
Thanks so much for the link! And no disrespect intended here @UELong - I know you're intending to be helpful. But what's crucially missing in this review is the all-important (detailed) comparison against the QP1R; it's barely mentioned at the end.

Is is just me? Or does it bug the heck out of anybody else to read audio reviews that go like this...

"Putting on Satriani’s Shockwave Supernova, Joe’s guitar solos soared and delivered tone, growl and bite. On Chicago II’s Movin’ In, Peter Cetera’s bass digs deep down the fretboard with solid, clear and low bass, while Walter Parazaider’s flute flairs as the intensity of the track rises. On the Dave Brubeck's “Three to Get Ready”, the alto sax was breathy and had that rasp of reedy vibration." Etc., etc.

This is the sort of garbage produced daily by the likes of Steve Guttenburg. I can't believe people get paid for writing this sort of nonsense. It's worthless. It tells you nothing about how the device compares against even a SanDisk clip!

If people need a good, detailed review before taking the plunge, I'd suggest waiting for a proper review by someone like @moedawg140 that actually knows what they're talking about!

P.S. In my very brief comparisons with the two, QP2R seemed as detailed up top, but with a richer, smoother sound; its low end (sub bass) might not have had quite as much kick as the QP1R.
Y'know, I kind-of agree. I get a little put off when I hear references to songs that, though they might be special in their greatness, are unfamiliar to me directly. But, I just supplied a link to a review I came across at the perfect time to answer an inquiry. I tend to like Headphonia's reviews as they seem to compare apples to apples. I don't know about all Guru reviews, but this one was rather nebulous in its content. But,, I must confess; I didn't think it through when I read it. I was just glad to see something about the QP2R. And some of HG's guys do like Questyle products and are familiar with them.
After reading your little adendum about listening to the 2R, I'm contented to stick to my 1r. Just need to get it repaired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back