Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Nov 23, 2016 at 8:58 PM Post #3,661 of 7,140
Coming from the Fiio X1, I am looking for an all-in-one solution DAP without any stack and the QP1R seemed to be the answer to that next to the less expensive Cayin N6.

Is it true that the QP1R is gonna be discontinued soon? Or am I just hearing rumors?

I couldn't find anywhere for an audition since no one is selling them near where I live.

Is it possible to find any used QP1 if not the QP1R that could be of cheaper alternatives? This might be a risky jump since I have no one to audition with.

I really want to listen how this one sounds as it seems to be very close to everything I want for a DAP without any amp stacks.
Where did you hear it was going to be discontinued?

Nov 23, 2016 at 9:05 PM Post #3,662 of 7,140
Where did you hear it was going to be discontinued?

Some guy across a local forum in my country that sell IT equipment. Though of course I still see at least one shop here in my country that has plenty of stocks. 

It could just be rumors since I have no confirmation of it yet, and I'll just leave it at that. 

Nov 23, 2016 at 9:13 PM Post #3,663 of 7,140
Some guy across a local forum in my country that sell IT equipment. Though of course I still see at least one shop here in my country that as plenty of stocks. 

It could just be rumors since I have no confirmation of it yet, and I'll just leave it at that. 

It just won an award, so its pretty unlikely to be discontinued for the time being

Nov 23, 2016 at 9:14 PM Post #3,664 of 7,140
Some guy across a local forum in my country that sell IT equipment. Though of course I still see at least one shop here in my country that as plenty of stocks. 

Not real credible.

Nov 23, 2016 at 9:19 PM Post #3,665 of 7,140
It just won an award, so its pretty unlikely to be discontinued for the time being

Not real credible.

Yeah I must've been terribly misinformed. Sorry about that.

I should remove that statement immediately.

Maybe I should never have brought up baseless rumors about this and just asked about the thoughts of jumping the upgrade from Fiio X1 instead so yeah. This is my worst mistake if I upset anyone unintentionally.

Nov 23, 2016 at 9:33 PM Post #3,666 of 7,140
Yeah I must've been terribly misinformed. Sorry about that.

I should remove that statement immediately.

Maybe I should never have brought up baseless rumors about this and just asked about the thoughts of jumping the upgrade from Fiio X1 instead so yeah. This is my worst mistake if I upset anyone unintentionally.
If you have heard something fine let everyone know but if you are going on rumors then keep them to yourself.

Nov 23, 2016 at 9:38 PM Post #3,667 of 7,140
If you have heard something fine let everyone know but if you are going on rumors then keep them to yourself.

Yeah, sorry about that. I shall keep that in mind from now on and stop spreading baseless things.

Putting that aside, I am just curious how big a leap it will be from the Fiio X1.

Been using the player for quite long and realized that it's not quite as good sounding to me anymore since there are much better options out there and I want to consider the QP1 or QP1R.

Nov 23, 2016 at 9:43 PM Post #3,668 of 7,140
  Yeah, sorry about that. I shall keep that in mind from now on and stop spreading baseless things.

Putting that aside, I am just curious how big a leap it will be from the Fiio X1.

Been using the player for quite long and realized that it's not quite as good sounding to me anymore since there are much better options out there and I want to consider the QP1 or QP1R.

Give a call to Stars Picker, that's where I auditioned and bought mine. IMO it's a mighty big jump from FiiO players. Used to have an X3.

Nov 23, 2016 at 9:45 PM Post #3,669 of 7,140

Give a call to Stars Picker, that's where I auditioned and bought mine. IMO it's a mighty big jump from FiiO players. Used to have an X3.

Guess I don't need to save up and mod the Fiio X1 anymore then, and just ditch it entirely.

Still, the price is a bit steep for the QP1R. I wonder if they still have any remaining QP1 units left...

Nov 23, 2016 at 11:12 PM Post #3,670 of 7,140
Guess I don't need to save up and mod the Fiio X1 anymore then, and just ditch it entirely.

Still, the price is a bit steep for the QP1R. I wonder if they still have any remaining QP1 units left...
The Fiio X-1 is not even in the same ballpark as the QP1R by a long shot. The QP1 don't know know haven't heard it. I would spring for the QP1R and be done.

Nov 23, 2016 at 11:35 PM Post #3,672 of 7,140
The Fiio X1 is 5/10
The QP1R is 10/10

The Fiio X-1 is not even in the same ballpark as the QP1R by a long shot. The QP1 don't know know haven't heard it. I would spring for the QP1R and be done.

Thanks for the info. I'll one day go and audition it and experience the sound myself.

:)

Nov 24, 2016 at 10:36 AM Post #3,673 of 7,140
The Fiio X1 is 5/10
The QP1R is 10/10

Certainly a step up from Fiio X5 so can imagine it is from X1. More spacious sound and clear open treble. I would recommend to anyone except those that like an artificially warm bassy sound.

Nov 24, 2016 at 11:20 AM Post #3,674 of 7,140
Nov 24, 2016 at 12:41 PM Post #3,675 of 7,140
The Fiio X1 is 5/10
The QP1R is 10/10

Thanks for the info. I'll one day go and audition it and experience the sound myself.

smily_headphones1.gif

From personal experience and purely based on sound quality I would rate the Fiio X5ii 7/10 compared to 10/10 for the QP1R  .
Much better from the Fiio X5ii : scroll wheel , user interface and battery indicator.
QP1R & Beyerdynamic T5P 2nd gen = audio nirvana ! 
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back