Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Nov 24, 2016 at 1:12 PM Post #3,676 of 7,140

From personal experience and purely based on sound quality I would rate the Fiio X5ii 7/10 compared to 10/10 for the QP1R  .
Much better from the Fiio X5ii : scroll wheel , user interface and battery indicator.
QP1R & Beyerdynamic T5P 2nd gen = audio nirvana ! 
L3000.gif

Loving the T5p 2nd gen as well!  Did you get to listen to the Ultrasone Tribute 7 at CanJam London? If so, what are your thoughts?

Nov 24, 2016 at 1:39 PM Post #3,677 of 7,140

Loving the T5p 2nd gen as well!  Did you get to listen to the Ultrasone Tribute 7 at CanJam London? If so, what are your thoughts?

I did ! For sure the most gorgeous set of cans i've had the pleasure to listen to.
Based on a 10 minute audition with the QP1R (too short , i know... ) i would give them 9/10 compared to the T5P 2nd gen .
While i liked the Tribute 7 a lot and considering my wallet i would give them 7/10 when it comes to value for money .
At my next headphone meeting , if given the chance , i'll compare both far more extensively ! 
smile_phones.gif

The ether c flow is also still on my radar as far as TOTL closed back headphones  goes 
biggrin.gif
 !

Nov 24, 2016 at 2:10 PM Post #3,678 of 7,140
  I did ! For sure the most gorgeous set of cans i've had the pleasure to listen to.
Based on a 10 minute audition with the QP1R (too short , i know... ) i would give them 9/10 compared to the T5P 2nd gen .
While i liked the Tribute 7 a lot and considering my wallet i would give them 7/10 when it comes to value for money .
At my next headphone meeting , if given the chance , i'll compare both far more extensively ! 
smile_phones.gif

The ether c flow is also still on my radar as far as TOTL closed back headphones  goes 
biggrin.gif
 !

I agree, the value for money isn't the highest - but the looks and sound are simply gorgeous!

The ETHER C Flow is very good as well, but I do enjoy the T5P 2nd gen more, especially when factoring in both prices!

I'm still flabbergasted by my 99 cent store Bluetooth closed back headphone purchase - wow!

Nov 24, 2016 at 3:48 PM Post #3,679 of 7,140
I'm hoping for a improvement of battery management with the fw update. Since I'm using EQ with the QP1R again, crashes and inaccuracy returned on my device.
My unresearched suspicion is that something with the 6db drop with eq has to do with the problem.

Nov 24, 2016 at 7:01 PM Post #3,680 of 7,140
I'm hoping for a improvement of battery management with the fw update. Since I'm using EQ with the QP1R again, crashes and inaccuracy returned on my device.
My unresearched suspicion is that something with the 6db drop with eq has to do with the problem.

Don't think it has to do with EQ. I do not apply the EQ for this player but get the early shutoff too due to the inaccurate battery indicator.

Nov 25, 2016 at 10:09 AM Post #3,683 of 7,140

From personal experience and purely based on sound quality I would rate the Fiio X5ii 7/10 compared to 10/10 for the QP1R  .
Much better from the Fiio X5ii : scroll wheel , user interface and battery indicator.
QP1R & Beyerdynamic T5P 2nd gen = audio nirvana ! 
L3000.gif

What is your gain setting on QP1R for T5P2? Thanks. 

Nov 25, 2016 at 5:02 PM Post #3,686 of 7,140
I have hiss with my QP1R and Zeus R universals? How can I reduce hiss ? With a buffer jack from Ultimate ears or something else ? I even get some hiss on low gain

Nov 25, 2016 at 5:22 PM Post #3,687 of 7,140
  I have hiss with my QP1R and Zeus R universals? How can I reduce hiss ? With a buffer jack from Ultimate ears or something else ? I even get some hiss on low gain

A buffer jack will muffle the sound and you will lose the sparkle of your Zeus-R.  I don't think you will be satisfied with the result.  Unfortunately, I am not aware of any other solution.

Hiss with the QP1R and Zeus-R is a known issue.  You might try contacting Jack at Empire Ears to see if they ever came up with a proper fix.

Nov 25, 2016 at 6:32 PM Post #3,688 of 7,140
As an unforeseen downside of having the QP1R and listening using super sensitive IEM's...I am now able to detect extremely low level hiss in my surround sound set-up, at high volumes...lol

Nov 26, 2016 at 12:43 PM Post #3,689 of 7,140
Has anyone upgraded to the Lotoo Paw Gold dap and made real world comparisons with difficult
to drive headphones like the HIFIMAN HEK? I find the QPR1 to require an external amp to get the most out of the HEK for portable and home use. Was looking for a one box solution with enough power for the HEK with plenty of headroom to avoid a big stack to carry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back