Review: Portable amp roundup! 56 portable amps reviewed and compared - FINAL update 12-20-10 added RSA SR-71B
Apr 30, 2008 at 5:10 PM Post #1,892 of 3,234
Quote:

Originally Posted by kostalex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do not think, just move to 2Move
smily_headphones1.gif

I owned TAH, TBH and Move. Move beats TAH/TBH in any terms, especially in crossfeed quality. The only thing I like more with TAH/TBH is build. Their ergonomic is superior.

Well, I just dumped cash on a pair of Senn HD650's, and a Little Dot MKV amp...next up is a DAC and interconnects, and after that will be a portable amp. Torn between the 2Move and the Pico now. Everyone has great things to say about the Pico. Does the Pico have crossfeed?

Apr 30, 2008 at 5:22 PM Post #1,893 of 3,234
Quote:

Originally Posted by Golden Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I just dumped cash on a pair of Senn HD650's, and a Little Dot MKV amp...next up is a DAC and interconnects, and after that will be a portable amp. Torn between the 2Move and the Pico now. Everyone has great things to say about the Pico. Does the Pico have crossfeed?

The Pico does not have crossfeed.

Apr 30, 2008 at 7:29 PM Post #1,894 of 3,234
Quote:

Originally Posted by eeerie1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Skylab, just in case you haven't heard this enough, thanks for this awesome review!!! It is a tremendous help for headphone amp newbies like myself!

Thanks!!!!

Apr 30, 2008 at 7:59 PM Post #1,895 of 3,234
Quote:

Originally Posted by guzziguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Pico does not have crossfeed.

Well, that tips it back in favor of the Corda then. Thanks for the info!

Apr 30, 2008 at 8:18 PM Post #1,896 of 3,234
Quote:

Originally Posted by acidtripwow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, the Voyager is at #9. I have heard a few of the amps on the list and I would put it at #1 of the amps I've heard. It seems to work really well with my Klipsch Custom 3s. My one complaint is that it's very big and heavy. Skylab is right about the looks. It is a rather plain looking amp. If I could put it inside a Pico enclosure then it would be a fantastic amp and not just a great one.

I've never heard a voyager,but some others rate it as number 1 in their reviews.
some people rely on others reviews,but I rely on my own ears.I don't know how old the reviewer is, but they say a person usually loses some hearing the older one gets.

May 1, 2008 at 3:27 AM Post #1,897 of 3,234
I am 41. However, I have had my hearing tested, and it's excellent. I can still hear 20kHz tones. I have no measurable hearing loss. So while you may not agree with my review, you cannot blame my hearing
biggrin.gif

May 1, 2008 at 7:50 PM Post #1,899 of 3,234
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am 41.

Whew...there's someone around here younger than me!

Quote:

However, I have had my hearing tested, and it's excellent. I can still hear 20kHz tones. I have no measurable hearing loss.

That's good. I respect those of us who have looked after the one part of the chain that you can't raise the performance of once it's lost that performance.
biggrin.gif

Quote:

So while you may not agree with my review, you cannot blame my hearing
biggrin.gif

Sure, only natural we're not all going to agree 100% with another person's impressions/opinions. But what you write IS well written, well researched and well documented.

VERY much appreicated, Skylab.

May 1, 2008 at 8:01 PM Post #1,900 of 3,234
Quote:

I did comment I thought the Voyager's soundstaging was excellent - especially depth and image specificity.

What is "image specificity"?

May 1, 2008 at 8:07 PM Post #1,901 of 3,234
Quote:

I am 41. However, I have had my hearing tested, and it's excellent. I can still hear 20kHz tones. I have no measurable hearing loss. So while you may not agree with my review, you cannot blame my hearing
biggrin.gif

I'm not saying that I disagree with your review.I was making a statement to acidtripwow,more,or less to trust his own ears,he may hear something different then you,or I.If we all heard the same,we would all own the same amp.
I'm sorry if you got the wrong impression.

May 1, 2008 at 8:19 PM Post #1,902 of 3,234
Wow...I woulda thought that you thought higher of the Voyager. IMO it's one of the better amps out there, if not the best. You're right about the casing ans everything else being cheapy...

Alas, even in the extremely competitive portable market, atleast it's in the top 10, lol. So that in itself is something worth stating.

May 2, 2008 at 12:23 AM Post #1,903 of 3,234
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaw007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not saying that I disagree with your review.I was making a statement to acidtripwow,more,or less to trust his own ears,he may hear something different then you,or I.If we all heard the same,we would all own the same amp.
I'm sorry if you got the wrong impression.

No worries at all - and yes, everyone should ALWAYS trust their own ears!

May 3, 2008 at 10:43 AM Post #1,904 of 3,234
Back to the Voyager, so when the contour switch is engaged there's both a boost in bass and treble? I thought it was only a bass boost. So how badly does it brighten the sound?

Also, another reviewer said the Voyager was about "Bass, bass, bass, full mind and more bass" I don't get that impression from your review. Is it, saw, darker than a RS-71? It sounds like a bright amp from your description of possessing a treble emphasis. Not what I expected to hear.

May 3, 2008 at 1:04 PM Post #1,905 of 3,234
Quote:

Originally Posted by chadbang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Back to the Voyager, so when the contour switch is engaged there's both a boost in bass and treble? I thought it was only a bass boost. So how badly does it brighten the sound?

I honestly did not use it that much - I don't really like such things. Someone who owns one will have to comment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chadbang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also, another reviewer said the Voyager was about "Bass, bass, bass, full mind and more bass" I don't get that impression from your review. Is it, saw, darker than a RS-71? It sounds like a bright amp from your description of possessing a treble emphasis. Not what I expected to hear.

I said the Voyager had "full, powerful, and punchy bass". I also said the treble had a little extra sheen, but that doesn't really make it bright, just a little sizzle that shouldn't necessarily be there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back