Review: Portable amp roundup! 56 portable amps reviewed and compared - FINAL update 12-20-10 added RSA SR-71B
Dec 17, 2008 at 7:35 AM Post #2,176 of 3,234
Possible to review the iBasso D3?

Dec 17, 2008 at 2:00 PM Post #2,177 of 3,234
Dec 17, 2008 at 4:00 PM Post #2,178 of 3,234
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Unlikely. But I assume you read Larry's excellent review?

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f105/u...uforce-306883/

Just wanted to also say thanks. This thread and Larry's thread you just noted are the two I check on the most regularly in the last few weeks. Thanks to both of you!

Also sorry about that bad transaction I saw in another thread but can't find now. It really stinks period, but especially when you were trying to do someone a favor. I wonder if there shouldn't be a blacklist thread?

Dec 21, 2008 at 1:45 AM Post #2,179 of 3,234
Hey Skylab,

Just to echo everyone else, cheers mate
beerchug.gif
fantastic review you've done an imense labour, I think valued by all. You helped me, one of the fairly newbies, get a handle on a number of the best amps out there & your review was hugely influential in my plumping (Damn! poor wallet
devil_face.gif
) for the fantastic RSA P-51
atsmile.gif

Dec 21, 2008 at 3:35 AM Post #2,180 of 3,234
Quote:

Originally Posted by peta10dye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Skylab,

Just to echo everyone else, cheers mate
beerchug.gif
fantastic review you've done an imense labour, I think valued by all. You helped me, one of the fairly newbies, get a handle on a number of the best amps out there & your review was hugely influential in my plumping (Damn! poor wallet
devil_face.gif
) for the fantastic RSA P-51
atsmile.gif

X2! - I ordered red-ended gold-knobbed black P-51 today! Even spoke with Ray himself. W3s will be very happy
happy_face1.gif

Dec 21, 2008 at 2:41 PM Post #2,181 of 3,234
Thanks guys! Glad I could help.

Dec 28, 2008 at 2:36 AM Post #2,182 of 3,234
Rob, don't forget you should get the iBasso D3, D2 Boa and Nuforce Icon Mobile sometime between Saturday and Tuesday. You don't have to ship them out till the following week - the D2 and Nuforce go back to me and the D3 goes to Casey at Nuforce. I know you only plan to review the D3, but feel free to listen to them all with jvlgato and maybe add the others to the review too?

Dec 28, 2008 at 2:24 PM Post #2,184 of 3,234
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Rob, don't forget you should get the iBasso D3, D2 Boa and Nuforce Icon Mobile sometime between Saturday and Tuesday. You don't have to ship them out till the following week - the D2 and Nuforce go back to me and the D3 goes to Casey at Nuforce. I know you only plan to review the D3, but feel free to listen to them all with jvlgato and maybe add the others to the review too?

Oh, I haven't forgotten! Thanks so much for giving me the opportunity to listen to these. How much gets reviewed here all depends on time. The D3 will happen for sure, but I like to follow my procedures identically for all amps, and the amps you send haven't arrived yet
frown.gif

Dec 28, 2008 at 7:29 PM Post #2,185 of 3,234
Quote:

Oh, I haven't forgotten! Thanks so much for giving me the opportunity to listen to these. How much gets reviewed here all depends on time. The D3 will happen for sure, but I like to follow my procedures identically for all amps, and the amps you send haven't arrived yet
frown.gif

The D3 doesn't have to get to Casey till the 13th or 14th, and there is no time limit to return the D2 and Nuforce. They shipped priority mail on Tuesday.

Dec 28, 2008 at 8:50 PM Post #2,186 of 3,234
Quote:

Originally Posted by HK_sends /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Skylab,

Your review of the P-51 was the tipping point for me. While my wallet hurts, my ears are in Heaven! Thanks for all your effort in your reviews.

Kudos!

I completely agree. Skylab's review was the key influencer in me purchasing the P-51 [all gold, #009] for my first portable and serious headphone amp. Thanks Skylab!

Dec 28, 2008 at 10:57 PM Post #2,187 of 3,234
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The D3 doesn't have to get to Casey till the 13th or 14th, and there is no time limit to return the D2 and Nuforce. They shipped priority mail on Tuesday.

OK cool, thanks - I will try to review them all - we shall see
wink.gif

Dec 28, 2008 at 11:24 PM Post #2,188 of 3,234
x3 Skylab Reviewerus Prolificus. Main influence & creator of My current wallet-burning Head-Fi addiction. I just ordered a RSA P-51 Mustang as well (Clear/White w/Black Knob). Thanks, Skylab for helpling w/My 1st portable setup.
Happy New Year
atsmile.gif

Headphile808

Dec 29, 2008 at 12:02 PM Post #2,189 of 3,234
Quote:

Thanks guys! Glad I could help.

You sure did. Impressive review list. I'd have a request/recommendation tough. On the final ranking could you post the price (even approx) ? Or maybe add also rankings based on budgets (say under 100, under 300).
Kudos to you.

Dec 29, 2008 at 1:39 PM Post #2,190 of 3,234
Yes, that is something I will get to at some point here
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back