[Review] Philips SHL3300 "DJ" Headphones - Most Underrated Headphone?
Mar 31, 2017 at 7:36 PM Post #241 of 458
Mar 31, 2017 at 8:33 PM Post #242 of 458

Ah, ok sorry I misunderstood.

I'll get some pics up of the 3300 with the round pads.

Pad pics as promised.

100mm round (left) and HM5 (right):

stock pad (left), 100mm round pad (right):

Mar 31, 2017 at 9:10 PM Post #243 of 458
Man i like the looks of the ebay ones better. I appreciate the pics. They look fluffy and comfy can't wait to get them. Listening to the new earphones whoa man the hype they get is deserved. I Think these are in the same league as the ZS3 perhaps even better and more comfy. Guess?

Mar 31, 2017 at 9:23 PM Post #244 of 458
Man i like the looks of the ebay ones better. I appreciate the pics. They look fluffy and comfy can't wait to get them. Listening to the new earphones whoa man the hype they get is deserved. I Think these are in the same league as the ZS3 perhaps even better and more comfy. Guess?

Sure, no problem.

Yeah, for $10 shipped they are a steal. I can buy 2.5 sets for every 1 HM5. They are just as comfortable as the HM5 pads (like pillows), high quality materials/construction, and the 100mm size fits most full-size headphones (as it's the most common size).

I've bought many other "generic" headphone pads from ebay/aliexpress over the years, and the quality has been very subpar on many. When you can only see photos, you have to buy on faith. Even if a pad looks good in seller photos, the foam may be too stiff, or the protein leather may not feel right (paper thin, too thick, too hard, poor finish, etc). These are night and day better - nice soft memory foam, very soft protein leather that feels almost like real leather, and it's thick enough to be sturdy but not so thick that it's bulky and stiff feeling. I liked these so much, I bought 4 additional pairs just to have on hand for when my other headphone pads wear out.

Mar 31, 2017 at 9:50 PM Post #245 of 458
I appreciate you doing the mods these phones are even better and even more clearer NOW. Nice to hear how comfy they are. Truly alot of people missing out on this :gem: especially when they are on sale 10 shipped from newegg. Also Rhanks for being the Ginny pad man after all those pads were not to your liking.

Apr 7, 2017 at 1:36 PM Post #246 of 458
hello, i opened up my shl3300 and planning to rewire the whole thing since the connecting wire on the headband for the right driver broke, but which connector on the driver is for left, right and ground?

I'm planning on wiring both cups into a Y split stereo, the driver has 4 connectors, 2 used originally and 2 unused but solder ready spots, which is which?

Apr 8, 2017 at 2:57 AM Post #247 of 458
  hello, i opened up my shl3300 and planning to rewire the whole thing since the connecting wire on the headband for the right driver broke, but which connector on the driver is for left, right and ground?

I'm planning on wiring both cups into a Y split stereo, the driver has 4 connectors, 2 used originally and 2 unused but solder ready spots, which is which?

This is the wiring diagram I made for my removable cable mod. It should have what you need:

There's more details in the mod post: http://www.head-fi.org/t/697813/review-philips-shl3300-dj-headphones-most-underrated-headphone/165#post_13231408

Also, if you really want to make the SHL3300 into a beast of a headphone, consider the semi-open grille mod: http://www.head-fi.org/t/697813/review-philips-shl3300-dj-headphones-most-underrated-headphone/180#post_13292672

Apr 8, 2017 at 10:59 AM Post #248 of 458
Good day slate have you ever made a bluetooth headphone mod that didn't have BT. Just curious. Be something if the 3300 could have that function. I mean if they can put them on earphones should not be a Problem. New project?

Apr 8, 2017 at 1:41 PM Post #249 of 458
Good day slate have you ever made a bluetooth headphone mod that didn't have BT. Just curious. Be something if the 3300 could have that function. I mean if they can put them on earphones should not be a Problem. New project?

There are some 3rd party accesories that do this
Like this from Btunes

Or you could get a cheap bluetooth receiver like this, use a short aux cable and tape it to the side of the cup

Just some ideas

Apr 8, 2017 at 1:55 PM Post #250 of 458

That would be a neat project, but the main issue with those is the internal battery is really small, so they only last a few hours.

Instead of adding bluetooth to an existing headphone, I opted for dedicated bluetooth headphones. They have a 20+ hr life and sound great (with a simple driver taping mod).

Apr 10, 2017 at 7:40 PM Post #251 of 458
OK I got the pads. The soundstage is way better for Sure. I got small ears SO they rest inside cushion. They are darn comfy. I feel that the bass lacks though. I get more bass with the stock earpads. The soundstage and separation is fantastic with the ebay pads though.

Apr 10, 2017 at 7:55 PM Post #252 of 458
OK I got the pads. The soundstage is way better for Sure. I got small ears SO they rest inside cushion. They are darn comfy. I feel that the bass lacks though. I get more bass with the stock earpads. The soundstage and separation is fantastic with the ebay pads though.

Yeah, the bass reduces slightly due to the increased volume vs the larger pads (just like the difference in bass when using small bore vs wide bore tips on in-ears).

Do the open grilled mod. You'll have all the bass you'll ever want!

Apr 10, 2017 at 8:18 PM Post #253 of 458
Yeah, the bass reduces slightly due to the increased volume vs the larger pads (just like the difference in bass when using small bore vs wide bore tips on in-ears).

Do the open grilled mod. You'll have all the bass you'll ever want!

I may do that i don't have the tools to do it Right Now. For the moment I'll just turn up the bass. How about using a drill and make four to seven small to medium holes? Thanks again Slater for the info on these Pillow like pads.

Apr 10, 2017 at 8:25 PM Post #254 of 458
I may do that i don't have the tools to do it Right Now. For the moment I'll just turn up the bass. How about using a drill and make four to seven small to medium holes?

Yeah, that would work. Just open them up so you can see where you're drilling (to make sure you avoid any wires & the spring loaded bar going across the center of the cup).

So yeah, if you do it that way, all you'll need is a drill & some type of glue to put the cups back together.

Apr 10, 2017 at 8:32 PM Post #255 of 458
Yeah, that would work. Just open them up so you can see where you're drilling (to make sure you avoid any wires & the spring loaded bar going across the center of the cup).

So yeah, if you do it that way, all you'll need is a drill & some type of glue to put the cups back together.

COOL im trying to see if the top circle part is free of obstacles. Ill look to see if your pics have that area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back