[REVIEW] Philips SHE9850
Mar 22, 2009 at 8:30 AM Post #17 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As you wish.

Man, that was fast! Thank ye kindly! While we're at it, could you provide me with the winning numbers for the next national lottery draw (in Taiwan)? I'm sure killkli would be interested, too.

beerchug.gif

Back to the SHE9850: it is indeed a good-looking IEM, but it seems to stick out quite a bit, so I wonder how well it can stay put through a work-out that involves a fair deal of head-twisting (such as, let's say, spinning hook kicks).

Mar 22, 2009 at 8:38 AM Post #18 of 72
Nice review ClieOS.

The SHE9850 is indeed a very good-looking IEM, but it is way overpriced here in Singapore. Jeez, $110 for these. (yes, that is in US Dollars).

Mar 22, 2009 at 8:57 AM Post #19 of 72
Close to $125 actually
frown.gif
Guess where I got mine?
tongue.gif

With the foam tip, you can run with out any problem. You can wear them up-side-down when you are working out so they will stay in more securely.

Mar 22, 2009 at 9:23 AM Post #20 of 72
Quote:

Close to $125 actually
frown.gif
Guess where I got mine?
tongue.gif

Sim Lim Square? :p

Mar 23, 2009 at 2:08 PM Post #21 of 72
I got mine from Audio House (Singapore).

Absolutely loved it.

It sounds laid back to me, just what i need on some days after lots of high energy sounds from my Image x10 and SE530.

It even sounds surprisingly good (read: relaxing) on certain dance tracks like Moloko's Sing It Back.

It's a huge upgrade from stock buds, and sure pleaser to newbies, and a satisfying collection to oldies too haha.

And it looks oh-so-beautiful maybe that's why i'm probably biased hurhur

Mar 24, 2009 at 1:00 AM Post #22 of 72
Quote:

Close to $125 actually
frown.gif
Guess where I got mine?
tongue.gif

With the foam tip, you can run with out any problem. You can wear them up-side-down when you are working out so they will stay in more securely.

Due to over-sensitive hearing, I wear foam earplugs everyday. They must be replaced fairly often, for hygienic reasons. To buy Comply tips even only half as often as I buy regular foam earplugs would quickly cost me more than the IEM itself.
frown.gif

Mar 24, 2009 at 1:14 AM Post #23 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sim Lim Square? :p

Harvey Norman actually. I know, not a good place to shop for headphone
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinocelt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Due to over-sensitive hearing, I wear foam earplugs everyday. They must be replaced fairly often, for hygienic reasons. To buy Comply tips even only half as often as I buy regular foam earplugs would quickly cost me more than the IEM itself.
frown.gif

That's why I use Shure olive (black foam sleeve) on mine. It can be washed, cleaned and reused. The first pair of olive I bought over a years ago still perfectly fine on my TF10. In comparison, Comply only last about a month for me.

Mar 24, 2009 at 3:51 AM Post #25 of 72
I bought a pair of these about 2 weeks ago with similar impressions. I noticed that the "Philips" name written across the silicon of the earbuds just below the L/R labels has started to fade/scratch off. In fact i've noticed this happen to just about every pair of earbuds that i've had - is this normal?

Mar 24, 2009 at 9:48 AM Post #26 of 72
Quote:

That's why I use Shure olive (black foam sleeve) on mine. It can be washed, cleaned and reused. The first pair of olive I bought over a years ago still perfectly fine on my TF10. In comparison, Comply only last about a month for me.

Do the Shure olives fit the SHE9850 easily? Or do they need to be forced in? Or even modded?

As a sidenote, I have the SHS8000 and I like them a lot: they sound good, fit well and comfortably, and stay in place. They look better than any other IEM I owe and most I've seen, and seem more sturdy. They're an open design, though, so they don't isolate much: they aren't the best choice for commuting, etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madpierrot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bought a pair of these about 2 weeks ago with similar impressions. I noticed that the "Philips" name written across the silicon of the earbuds just below the L/R labels has started to fade/scratch off. In fact i've noticed this happen to just about every pair of earbuds that i've had - is this normal?

The writing on my Sensa Clip quickly did the same. It depends on the product, I guess, but letters painted on plastic can't be expected to last forever.

Mar 24, 2009 at 10:07 AM Post #27 of 72
Shure olive will fit SHE9850 just fine. It will require a little pushing on the last bit since the nozzle has a small bump at the end, but nothing major. No mod what-so-ever.

Mar 24, 2009 at 1:47 PM Post #28 of 72
Quote:

Harvey Norman actually. I know, not a good place to shop for headphone
tongue.gif

Definitely not.

Courts isn't the best place either. However they were selling for SGD 169.99 which I think was less than what you got it for at harvey norman.

Mar 24, 2009 at 2:52 PM Post #30 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Courts isn't the best place either. However they were selling for SGD 169.99 which I think was less than what you got it for at harvey norman.

Too late, damage done
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinocelt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ClieOS, of all the IEMs you've tried, which had the best isolation? Which one was the most comfortable?

Best Isolation: Etymotic (any)
Most Comfortable: Westone UM2 (almost as good as Ety on isolation too)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back