Review: Philips SHE-3590
Mar 29, 2014 at 8:17 AM Post #31 of 86
  I was as far as step 6 since I installed it yesterday. But my soundcard doesn't have an Enhancements tab (my previous laptop did, but not this one) and I tried everything, and the program still doesn't work.

If your device doesn't have an Enchancements tab, skip it. But why won't it work? Even if you said you've tried everything, it's more than likely that you haven't really tried everything
Do you use a Creative soundcard? I use a Creative Sound Blaster 5.1VX, and there is a Sound Blaster tab replacing the Enhancements tab.

You know, there is a Power switch on the control panel itself. Did you turn that on? Did you also turn on the power switch on the equalizer? It seems the installation is causing more problems than it is.

Mar 29, 2014 at 8:33 AM Post #32 of 86
  If your device doesn't have an Enchancements tab, skip it. But why won't it work? Even if you said you've tried everything, it's more than likely that you haven't really tried everything
Do you use a Creative soundcard? I use a Creative Sound Blaster 5.1VX, and there is a Sound Blaster tab replacing the Enhancements tab.

You know, there is a Power switch on the control panel itself. Did you turn that on? Did you also turn on the power switch on the equalizer? It seems the installation is causing more problems than it is.

I have an IDT High Definition Audio Codec soundcard which works correctly, and doesn't have ANY options, BESIDES volume, and choosing if you want 16 or 24 bits audio, with 44100Hz or higher (up until 192000Hz).

And I turned the power switch on, on the control panel itself AND the Equalizer. But still, nothing.

Mar 29, 2014 at 11:51 AM Post #33 of 86
  I have an IDT High Definition Audio Codec soundcard which works correctly, and doesn't have ANY options, BESIDES volume, and choosing if you want 16 or 24 bits audio, with 44100Hz or higher (up until 192000Hz).

And I turned the power switch on, on the control panel itself AND the Equalizer. But still, nothing.

It doesn't have any options? At all? Well, that's beyond weird. Now, I've spent quite some time doing some research on the Internet on this, since I have no experience with an IDT driver (only Realtek and my own), and what I've been reading up on is that you might have to update your soundcard drivers. The appearance of an Enhancements tab is actually up to the audio driver whether or not it supports it. But even without an Enhancements tab, V4W should still work (unless all enhancements have been disabled, which IIRC isn't by default).

Also, does your computer have any proprietary software used to tweak the soundcard (like Beats Audio or Crative Audio Control Panel)? If so, you might be able to tweak your settings from there (but I have no expereince with such software, so I can't say for sure).

Another thing: did you tweak the EQ at all? Turning on the power switch won't do anything until you tweak it, you know. Just saying. 
tongue.gif

Since evidently, V4W is causing a lot of trouble for both of us, I do know another which might be to your interests. There is a program called SRS Audio Sandbox which pretty much adds another sound device to your computer through which your main audio will go. It's more straightforward to install, but you will have to pay about $20 for it. That, and it's not really an equalizer per se, but it's more of a gen-com-oriented sound enhancer which should satisfy most people's tastes. Audiophiles...not so much.

I don't know if I could be able to help you solve your installation problems with V4W, as from what you have stated there shouldn't have been any gripes. The lack of an Enhancements tab means you simply skip the step (the developer said so himself). I'm sorry I couldn't help you any further from this point, since I don't have any experience working with the audio driver that you use. 

Aug 21, 2014 at 10:21 AM Post #36 of 86
I'm recently own this Philips SHE-3590 and really impressed with its performance. Although I hate the fact that the cable is easily worn out as I use it in everyday when I'm going to work. I'm here because I'm planning to buy other in-ear earphone and I need suggestions and opinions.

I want an earphone with this characteristics.

1.) same sound as this Philips SHE-3590 
2.) in-ear
3.) flat wires (tangle free wires)
4.) below 40$ (low budget)
5.) Widely Available (I don't want to buy online)

any suggestion and opinions are much appreciated. :D I'm from Philippines BTW. 

Aug 23, 2014 at 7:15 AM Post #37 of 86
If you like the SHE3890 so much why not just buy a couple more

Aug 23, 2014 at 7:19 AM Post #38 of 86
Are there any aftermarket sources for the tips included with the Philips SHE3580/3590?

I really like them and prefer to buy the tips rather than the whole IEM.

Thanks.

Aug 23, 2014 at 8:25 AM Post #40 of 86
Fair enough

Oct 24, 2014 at 11:16 AM Post #41 of 86
I got a pair of SHE3590 as a backup or to give to a family member. This is only one sample,  but the treble was a bit muffled, bass weak. I would not use these to listen to music, unless I had to. I would use these for listening to music when falling asleep or to listen to an audio book. In no way do they approach the sound quality of Xiaomi Piston 2.1's. The Pistons may not produce a "true" sound, but the sound is very pleasing to me - with nice treble and bass I can feel. Sometimes too much  bass.

I didn't burn them in, if you think that might have made a difference.

Oct 25, 2014 at 9:22 AM Post #42 of 86
Just got one just now.  Arent they a cutie! Mine's a colorful, bright yellow, which I think is a fad in where I am right now: earphones with colorful cables.  First listen, it sure had dynamic bass as said out of the box.  However, I noticed that lyrics with S consonants sounds with a stroing ssssss... and growly voices (e.g. nickelback) sound grainy.  Hopefully, some burn in would fix those.  

Here's a comparison with my pistons 2:
Bass - seems more controlled and less boomy from the pistons
Isolation - without vents like the pistons, they isolate more
Soundstage - without vents, it sounds congested
Comfort - much better fit, wont intrude the earcanal 

Nov 6, 2014 at 12:20 PM Post #43 of 86
I really like the sound of these for the price, but I hate the cable.  Lot of noise...  You get what you pay for, I imagine.

Is there any trick to avoid or to help with the cable noise?

Nov 6, 2014 at 12:23 PM Post #44 of 86
  Just got one just now.  Arent they a cutie! Mine's a colorful, bright yellow, which I think is a fad in where I am right now: earphones with colorful cables.  First listen, it sure had dynamic bass as said out of the box.  However, I noticed that lyrics with S consonants sounds with a stroing ssssss... and growly voices (e.g. nickelback) sound grainy.  Hopefully, some burn in would fix those.  

Here's a comparison with my pistons 2:
Bass - seems more controlled and less boomy from the pistons
Isolation - without vents like the pistons, they isolate more
Soundstage - without vents, it sounds congested
Comfort - much better fit, wont intrude the earcanal 

How do the mids and highs compare to the pistons 2?

Nov 6, 2014 at 8:02 PM Post #45 of 86
  How do the mids and highs compare to the pistons 2?

PIstons 2 has better highs, doesnt roll off as Philips.  Both have recessed mids

I really like the sound of these for the price, but I hate the cable.  Lot of noise...  You get what you pay for, I imagine.

Is there any trick to avoid or to help with the cable noise?

Try braiding the cables.  In our location, its a fad to get yarns and braid cables, which is common in our office... pink braided USB cables :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back