Review: Philips SHE-3590
Nov 7, 2014 at 6:49 AM Post #46 of 86

PIstons 2 has better highs, doesnt roll off as Philips.  Both have recessed mids

Try braiding the cables.  In our location, its a fad to get yarns and braid cables, which is common in our office... pink braided USB cables :p

Do you know any other in ear headphones that are better than the Pistons 2 and Philips? In this pricerange 

Nov 8, 2014 at 7:42 AM Post #48 of 86

A Monoprice IEM (dont know what model) is well regarded in Headfi.  Search it up in the forums for impressions, then good luck searching those IEMs :)

Monoprice 8320, to be exact. 
biggrin.gif

Nov 26, 2014 at 3:33 PM Post #49 of 86
I compared the Philips SHE3590 to my brothers Samsung Galaxy S5 earbuds, and I found the Philips to sound just slightly better, slightly more realistic and slightly clearer. There was a difference, but definitely not a big difference.

Dec 20, 2014 at 7:02 AM Post #50 of 86
sorry to bump this thread, but I have been wondering, does anyone ever do a sound comparison between the SHE-3580 and SHE-3590?

I've read several claims that say the SHE-3590 is just the same as SHE-3580 but with a more vibrant color shells only, but is that true?
I got a pair of the later version SHE-3590PP (purple color) after giving up searching for the legendary SHE-3580 model, but I'm not giving up yet, heheh. Just still wondering till now...

Dec 20, 2014 at 9:37 AM Post #51 of 86
  sorry to bump this thread, but I have been wondering, does anyone ever do a sound comparison between the SHE-3580 and SHE-3590?

I've read several claims that say the SHE-3590 is just the same as SHE-3580 but with a more vibrant color shells only, but is that true?
I got a pair of the later version SHE-3590PP (purple color) after giving up searching for the legendary SHE-3580 model, but I'm not giving up yet, heheh. Just still wondering till now...

They're the same thing. I had both pairs at one point, and they sound exactly the same. 

Feb 3, 2015 at 11:36 AM Post #53 of 86
Are there any widely available IEMs that sound similar to the SHE3590? I love the sound of these but unfortunately the durability leaves something to be desired as they become unusable due to issues such as no sound on one side within 3 months. I'm sick of paying money to buy earphones every few months. I need something that can last a year or so.

Feb 3, 2015 at 12:58 PM Post #54 of 86
They need Eqing to sound at their best.
But IMHO they are outclassed by new and better iems at this price range.

Feb 3, 2015 at 1:02 PM Post #55 of 86
Spend more
  Are there any widely available IEMs that sound similar to the SHE3590? I love the sound of these but unfortunately the durability leaves something to be desired as they become unusable due to issues such as no sound on one side within 3 months. I'm sick of paying money to buy earphones every few months. I need something that can last a year or so.

IMHO .. Spend some more $ and get a pair of TTpod's TT1-E

Bigger and fuller sound,  treble is better, not sparky/harsh.  Bass is more controled but impactful, Mids are foward,  you got tons off bass but the mids are more foward, very nice sounding iem and its well built. 

Feb 3, 2015 at 4:28 PM Post #56 of 86
  Spend more

IMHO .. Spend some more $ and get a pair of TTpod's TT1-E

Bigger and fuller sound,  treble is better, not sparky/harsh.  Bass is more controled but impactful, Mids are foward,  you got tons off bass but the mids are more foward, very nice sounding iem and its well built. 

How do the TTpods TT1-E compare to the Ostry KC06a?

Feb 3, 2015 at 7:23 PM Post #57 of 86

The MEElectronics M9 Classic doesn't sound very similar to the 3590, but for $10 bucks, it definitely blows every other IEM in that price range straight out of the water. Also, it's much more durable than the 3590 and sounds better IMO.

How do the TTpods TT1-E compare to the Ostry KC06a?

Go over to this thread and ask there. Lots of impressions of this particular matchup in that thread, and keeps things here on-topic and buried in newer threads. Thanks.

Feb 11, 2015 at 8:44 AM Post #58 of 86
Last night i spent some time listening to somo trance, chill out, edm music, switching between the Pistons and the 3580 (had a long time not using them)

Man,  where are the mids on those Pistons????????

confused.gif

Once you switch to the 3580 its like "Seeing Again",  the vocals, the pianos, the guitars come all to the front, you can hear more details, even the bass is more detailed.  There are some tracks where the bass on the Pistons sounds like a muted Bass,  where on the 3580 you can hear some details.

The Pistons are better on treble and soundstage,  the mids are way to back!

Feb 19, 2015 at 9:09 AM Post #59 of 86
Maaan just got this earphone few days ago in my local shopping center and wow, they really sound good for the price point(about 13$ in my country). They have a really fun and bright v shaped sound signature and they sound really nice on electronic music. Definitely recommended for people who want a budget v-shaped sound earphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back