Review: Philips Fidelio L1 [Updated 5/14]
Aug 19, 2012 at 11:42 AM Post #439 of 756
Out of curiosity, I checked the Apple website this morning just to see if they still had them in stock, and they are not even listed now. As of Sunday, 8/19, they only have one Phillips model in stock: The "O'Neil The Stretch" model. I wonder if they stopped selling it, or if they are just out of stock? 

Aug 19, 2012 at 4:49 PM Post #442 of 756
Unfortunately, the web site has many products that are not available in the local stores and the L1 seems to be one of those products. At least it isn't in the stores here. I keep hoping that changes as I'm curious to hear these things but am not interested enough to buy them blind. I might change that stance for the new X1 when it comes out.

Quote:
They should be available in the stores as well then. 

Aug 19, 2012 at 5:13 PM Post #443 of 756
Quote:
Unfortunately, the web site has many products that are not available in the local stores and the L1 seems to be one of those products. At least it isn't in the stores here. I keep hoping that changes as I'm curious to hear these things but am not interested enough to buy them blind. I might change that stance for the new X1 when it comes out.

I just went to the Apple site to check my local store availability, but none of them have it in stock. They post an availability date of Aug. 24th (Temecula, CA store), and Aug 27th (Rancho Cucamonga, CA store). I'm thinking that those are dates that the ordered product is available in store though, NOT actual product availabitlity in store. 

I understand you wanting to hear them first. I wanted to hear them as well and compare them to the Focal Spirit Ones, but neither one was available at the time, so I took a chance and ordered the L1. I figured I'd use the 30 days to see if I liked them and return them if I didn't. Luckily, I ended up enjoying the sound of the L1's so I kept them.

Aug 19, 2012 at 6:27 PM Post #444 of 756
Yeah, I agree, those are just "ship to store" availability dates.  I just checked all the local stores and they're all the same.

Of course even if they do eventually stock them in store it doesn't mean they'll have a demo out. The store I was in Saturday had Amperiors and a few others hanging on the wall but no demos other than Beats, Skullcandy and B&W P5.

Oh well, I'm really just curious about how good these are. If I had an actual use for them I'd just buy them but in reality I have more than enough headphones already.

Quote:
I just went to the Apple site to check my local store availability, but none of them have it in stock. They post an availability date of Aug. 24th (Temecula, CA store), and Aug 27th (Rancho Cucamonga, CA store). I'm thinking that those are dates that the ordered product is available in store though, NOT actual product availabitlity in store. 

I understand you wanting to hear them first. I wanted to hear them as well and compare them to the Focal Spirit Ones, but neither one was available at the time, so I took a chance and ordered the L1. I figured I'd use the 30 days to see if I liked them and return them if I didn't. Luckily, I ended up enjoying the sound of the L1's so I kept them.

Aug 30, 2012 at 3:05 PM Post #446 of 756
Just like to add that I have a pair of these - superb - really wide sound.

I do have to say though that they aren't the simplest to drive... could do with being a little louder. And there seems to be a lot of nonsene about these not leaking sound which is nonsense. Semi open headphones always will.

Sep 5, 2012 at 4:31 PM Post #449 of 756
I think people are afraid to hack them open as they may not be able to put them back together again.

Sep 5, 2012 at 4:45 PM Post #450 of 756
Quote:
I think people are afraid to hack them open as they may not be able to put them back together again.

That's what I figured. I know Tyll at Innerfidelity took them apart but with his busy schedule it may be a while before I get a reply from him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back