Review: Philips CitiScape Uptown (Updated Sept 18, 2012)
Oct 14, 2012 at 3:35 AM Post #181 of 396
As long as the volume is maxed on the inline slider, I don't have any problems with imbalance. Once I start adjusting it, things break down. As far as volume sliders go it's pretty crappy.

Oct 14, 2012 at 11:32 PM Post #182 of 396
Noticed there was a review of these over on Headfonics:

http://headfonics.com/2012/10/philips-citiscape-uptown-headphones/

I have seen a few comparisons to the HM5 or Fischer Audio FA-003. I can understand that but I prefer the Uptown’s slightly thicker and warmer tonality to the razor thin mids and colder and narrow presentation of the FA-003. It’s not as hot or spikey either as the FA-003 but doesn’t have quite the same bass impact which the FA-003 is well known for.

Wow. Interesting. Everything he just said right here is the polar opposite of what I thought about the FA-003/HM5, hahaha. I thought the HM5 was as far from cold/thin as could be, super muddy in fact, and it had the smoothest least spikey treble I've ever heard. Also, I greatly dislike generous quantities of bass and bass impact, but even I found the HM5 so utterly lacking and boring in this aspect. 
¯\(°_o)/¯​

Oct 16, 2012 at 1:35 AM Post #183 of 396
Got a message from Philips Support. Yay! :)

Dear Mr.:

Thank you for your e-mail to Philips. I will be happy to assist you today. The headphones that you purchased are a genuine pair. The difference in the labeling on the box could be the result of a last minute box design change to highlight a different or more sufficient feature, which is normal. The headphones that you currently have supports MusicSeal and high precision sound. To see additional features of the product please go here: http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?ctn=SHL5905BK/28&slg=en&scy=US

and click on Leaflet under Manuals & Documentation.

Thank you for contacting Philips. If you need additional assistance, please contact us again and refer to INC966579.

Best Regards,

LaShauna Dixon
Philips Customer Support

Oct 16, 2012 at 9:52 AM Post #184 of 396
Quote:
Noticed there was a review of these over on Headfonics:

http://headfonics.com/2012/10/philips-citiscape-uptown-headphones/

Wow. Interesting. Everything he just said right here is the polar opposite of what I thought about the FA-003/HM5, hahaha. I thought the HM5 was as far from cold/thin as could be, super muddy in fact, and it had the smoothest least spikey treble I've ever heard. Also, I greatly dislike generous quantities of bass and bass impact, but even I found the HM5 so utterly lacking and boring in this aspect. 
¯\(°_o)/¯​

Thank you for the post! I am very happy to be introduced into another headphone site!

Oct 16, 2012 at 12:55 PM Post #186 of 396
Quote:
Wait--are you sure it was LaShauna Dixon?  You'd better take a look at this.

Ahaha.
dt880smile.png

Oct 17, 2012 at 1:34 AM Post #189 of 396
@Barry S

What a nice composition bro. You almost got me with it. But when I saw "Sennheiser"... I was like: You gotta be kidding me. 
deadhorse.gif
 Hahahaha. Took me long to search the web site where you created this article.. 

Ohhh Fodey. Haha! :D

Oct 18, 2012 at 3:07 AM Post #191 of 396
i have no problems at all with the slider volume control on my set. No static or in balance when I use it and it works fine. Weird for me because it seems every other HP or IEM Ive had with a inline volume has given me problems. I think these will work out fine for commuting , great seal and pretty decent isolation. They are comfortable and attractive enough to be seen wearing out and about. I have better sets and I like my HM5 clones better for more serious listening but they will be fine for using with my Ipod unamped  Decent enough for the price.

Oct 29, 2012 at 12:18 PM Post #192 of 396
I knew there was something fishy about Ms. Dixon... I am new this whole scene.  I just ordered a pair of these from OneSaleADay, and they are arriving Wednesday.  I have been trying to learn more about burn in and other headphone issues, and really enjoy your discussion....although I am bit nervous about the whole possible counterfit thing.  Does anyone here listen to metal music?  I would love any input on how these might work..  thanks. 

Oct 29, 2012 at 2:57 PM Post #193 of 396
^
The counterfeit article is not real.. The story seems to be plausible though but it's just joke. Hehe. :D
Metal should be fine but for me, i'm not satisfied. Everyone has different ears, so it's best if you just listen it yourself. :)

Oct 29, 2012 at 4:31 PM Post #194 of 396
I used the pair I gifted to my sister this weekend.  I must say, I enjoyed them.  Decent amount of detail.  They seemed a little bright side, but not too bad.

I listened to bunch of Micheal Jackson and they seemed to handle the songs well enough.  I was one of the lucky ones who paid $40 for them.  I must say, for that price, the are more than worth it.  But anything over $70 would be too much for these.

Comfort is just wonderful, the best I have ever worn.  Build quailty (besides the volume control) is great.  I bought the none removable pads version, which is fine, cause they are great stock.  My sister loves them for her country music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back