Review: Philips CitiScape Uptown (Updated Sept 18, 2012)
Nov 2, 2014 at 12:45 PM Post #376 of 396
the newer versions does not have the volume control, they do have a one button remote though. You should find them for less then 50 euros now since they are discontinued. Soon they are all gone :frowning2:

Nov 2, 2014 at 8:52 PM Post #377 of 396
  the newer versions does not have the volume control, they do have a one button remote though. You should find them for less then 50 euros now since they are discontinued. Soon they are all gone :frowning2:

and the newer versions do not have the inbalance issue and also do they play a bit louder than the uptowns with volume control?

Feb 23, 2015 at 4:18 PM Post #381 of 396
I have these. Reasonably happy with them overall, but have somehow split the ear pads on the inside seam. They go pretty much halfway round the entire cup so the sponge inside is starting to come out.

Is there any way I can fix the pad or recover it or am I better off just waiting for it to finally give up and getting new headphones.

Bit annoying really as I don't do anything abnormal with my headphones they'll be my second pair to break in about 18 months or so.

Feb 23, 2015 at 8:24 PM Post #382 of 396
  I have these. Reasonably happy with them overall, but have somehow split the ear pads on the inside seam. They go pretty much halfway round the entire cup so the sponge inside is starting to come out.

Is there any way I can fix the pad or recover it or am I better off just waiting for it to finally give up and getting new headphones.

Bit annoying really as I don't do anything abnormal with my headphones they'll be my second pair to break in about 18 months or so.

I have the same problem with my Uptown too, change the new pad cost too much money so I try to replace them with socks, you can read it at here : http://www.instructables.com/id/Sockophones-earphone-padding-made-from-socks/ the problem is I just the novice so I not sure if these home made ear pads will cause the loss in bass, mid or treble.

I replace 2 headphones (Philips Uptown and Philips SHP 3000) with this and it still work fine until now.

Mar 12, 2015 at 4:29 PM Post #384 of 396
I'm in the US and just grabbed a pair of all BLACK uptowns on ebay and these things are bangin'. got em for a great price and am lucky to have gotten them in black- it seems I got one of the last pairs.

these phones are so comfortable

Mar 13, 2015 at 1:20 AM Post #386 of 396
^ There are lots of other better cans out there, but for much more money.
For the price paid though, the Uptowns really are very nice.  They have a nice natural and mostly flat EQ sound.
Very good for hearing sound exactly as it is coming from the source, assuming the source is nice and neutral.
I paid $50 (brand new on Ebay) for mine and it was well worth it. You'd have to pay $200-$250 or more to get better sound. 

Mar 13, 2015 at 9:56 AM Post #388 of 396
Was the black version without the volume control released in the US? The only place I can find to buy a new pair is from Germany. May be a Europe exclusive release.

Anyways, I'm really happy I returned my M50X's for the Uptowns. Philips makes great headphones, which may be surprising to some.

Mar 13, 2015 at 1:01 PM Post #390 of 396
​Thank for review, Cool spec.
gs1000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back