REVIEW: Ostry KC06A - A New Winner
Dec 3, 2014 at 1:27 AM Post #76 of 190
One of the best reviews I've read. Didn't feel the time passing. You're really telling a story between two brothers
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks!

Dec 7, 2014 at 10:02 PM Post #77 of 190
So I just accidentally washed my KC06A's...... Which is surprising since the only things I've ever accidentally washed in over 8 years was just a few one dollar bills.
Along with my Fiio X1, I'm leaving the KC06A's in a sealed bag of rice. Probably won't open it for a couple of days until I think it's fine. Although everything looked pretty dry from the outside, so inside damage was my concern.

Dec 7, 2014 at 10:46 PM Post #78 of 190
  So I just accidentally washed my KC06A's...... Which is surprising since the only things I've ever accidentally washed in over 8 years was just a few one dollar bills.
Along with my Fiio X1, I'm leaving the KC06A's in a sealed bag of rice. Probably won't open it for a couple of days until I think it's fine. Although everything looked pretty dry from the outside, so inside damage was my concern.

Ouch! Good luck there!

Dec 7, 2014 at 10:52 PM Post #79 of 190

Hair dryer wont help?dry faster......ofcourse keep a distance with min setting if you want to use it for the ostrys as its against the diaphragm......

Dec 7, 2014 at 11:03 PM Post #80 of 190
Hair dryer wont help?dry faster......ofcourse keep a distance with min setting if you want to use it for the ostrys as its against the diaphragm......

Letting the rice absorb the moisture would be best. All the hair dryer would do is push that moisture around the housing. Besides, there's part of the earphone that the hairdryer won't reach.

Dec 8, 2014 at 7:44 AM Post #81 of 190

Perhaps the bass will be a little "cleaner" now.  Sorry, couldn't resist 
tongue_smile.gif

Dec 8, 2014 at 8:55 AM Post #83 of 190
  Hey I see you own the Philips SHE3580 and the Ostry KC06a, how do they both compare in sound unamped?

It's been quite a while since I've listened to the SHE3580s.  I actually have them up for sale in the classifieds now for $2 shipped.  Anyway, I'll do an A/B tonight and get back with you.  In my book, the Ostry's will be hard to beat.  They are currently my favorite IEM.

Dec 8, 2014 at 8:58 AM Post #84 of 190

It's been quite a while since I've listened to the SHE3580s.  I actually have them up for sale in the classifieds now for $2 shipped.  Anyway, I'll do an A/B tonight and get back with you.  In my book, the Ostry's will be hard to beat.  They are currently my favorite IEM.

Alright man, looking forward to it...

Dec 9, 2014 at 8:22 AM Post #85 of 190
Dec 9, 2014 at 10:33 AM Post #87 of 190
  Can you please do a comparison on your Ipod Nano unamped? Because I don't have an amp..

The comparison I sent should be good.  The Fiio X1 is a music player (not an amp).  I don't even know where the Nano is right now.  

Dec 9, 2014 at 2:12 PM Post #88 of 190
My FiiO X1 made it through the washing machine. So far, nothing differen't other than the screen that looks like it has steam on it due to me putting it near a heater afterwards. Pressed the reset button before plugging it into a USB. I'm pretty happy with the result, and I'll take a listen once I make sure the liquid is all gone.
Going to leave my Ostry's in for one more day and unfortunately expect the "clean bass."

Edit: Took the Ostry's out, put them near the heating vent, and the left side was very quiet compared to the right. Although I think there's no chance, I'll still try for a few more days. I'm probably going to order another pair due to the cheaper price, or maybe take suggestions for another IEM in the sub $100 bracket.

Dec 24, 2014 at 9:10 AM Post #89 of 190
  It'd depend on what's your source. both KC06 and 06A sounded very good from Sansa players, but improve a lot from my HM700 or amplifiers.

Hi Zelda
My player sansa fuze and my old sunrise xcape imp.edt. broken. I listen %80 to trance,vocal trance and pregrassive %20 others. So this KC06A enough for me? ( Srooy to my bad english:p )

Dec 24, 2014 at 12:16 PM Post #90 of 190

Hi Zelda
My player sansa fuze and my old sunrise xcape imp.edt. broken. I listen %80 to trance,vocal trance and pregrassive %20 others. So this KC06A enough for me? ( Srooy to my bad english:p )

the 06A is good. although, i doubt it'll have the strong sunrise Xcape impressive bass response.
what's your budget? do you have other options in mind?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back