REVIEW: Ostry KC06A - A New Winner
Dec 30, 2014 at 11:30 AM Post #106 of 190
Imo they don't sound way better than the Philips SHE3590. Yes, they do sound better, but definitely not a lot. They have that same annoying harsh sound on a lot of instruments, it's only a bit less on the KC06a, but definitely clearly noticeable and still very annoying.

What kind of music do you listen to?

Dec 30, 2014 at 1:51 PM Post #108 of 190
  Rap/hiphop

Ok. I'm not hearing the harshness/sibilance with my kc06a's. Maybe the highs do tone down after a bit of burn in (I would burn them in for 40 hours or so and then see if they are still causing you problems). Also, I don't listen to rap/hiphop and maybe that music is more prone to it. And I am not typically listening to them for hours at a time (but I do with the a71's). Fwiw, the a71's are smoother in the highs and I doubt would cause you problems in that area, but how the a71's overall would be for rap/hiphop I can't say (I do like them for edm/trance and progressive rock etc).

Dec 30, 2014 at 1:55 PM Post #109 of 190

Ok. I'm not hearing the harshness/sibilance with my kc06a's. Maybe the highs do tone down after a bit of burn in (I would burn them in for 40 hours or so and then see if they are still causing you problems). Also, I don't listen to rap/hiphop and maybe that music is more prone to it. And I am not typically listening to them for hours at a time (but I do with the a71's). Fwiw, the a71's are smoother in the highs and I doubt would cause you problems in that area, but how the a71's overall would be for rap/hiphop I can't say (I do like them for edm/trance and progressive rock etc).

Alright, I will burn them in for a while and then hear how they sound... It's a pity I can't return them.

Jan 30, 2015 at 3:52 AM Post #110 of 190
Audiophile earphones at a bargain price... insane  
etysmile.gif

Feb 18, 2015 at 9:24 AM Post #113 of 190
My wallet is crying. Saw these in shenzhenaudio. Looked nice. Googled them. Ended up here. Of course bought them. I need to stop reading head-fi. But they were only $58.

Apr 8, 2015 at 2:35 AM Post #118 of 190
How have Ostry KC06/A IEMs held up? Has your opinion changed? There are some dissatisfied comments on the web. Replacing a defective set under warranty is supposedly impossible. I was tempted to buy them until I read what others posted online. Finding a solid set of in-ear monitors under seventy dollars is a total nightmare.

Apr 8, 2015 at 2:59 AM Post #119 of 190
How have Ostry KC06/A IEMs held up? Has your opinion changed? There are some dissatisfied comments on the web. Replacing a defective set under warranty is supposedly impossible. I was tempted to buy them until I read what others posted online. Finding a solid set of in-ear monitors under seventy dollars is a total nightmare.

I've been sidetracked by some awesome earbuds lately, but that hasn't diminished my positive feelings about the kc06a's. What are your main concerns? Fwiw, both my kc06 and kc06a's have been very durable - not like other brands that have broken.

Apr 8, 2015 at 3:13 AM Post #120 of 190

I think the KC06A sounds pretty good for a portable, but I wouldn't want to use them as my main earphones for home listening. Why? Because they lack the refinement to make them a solid home listening earphone imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back