REVIEW: Ostry KC06A - A New Winner
Apr 8, 2015 at 4:39 AM Post #121 of 190
I've been sidetracked by some awesome earbuds lately, but that hasn't diminished my positive feelings about the kc06a's. What are your main concerns? Fwiw, both my kc06 and kc06a's have been very durable - not like other brands that have broken.

Durability is a concern. I am not expecting them to be the same quality as much more expensive sets. Having a warranty for potential problems is nice. I question the claims about never hearing from the manufacture after multiple attempts. Losing some money on plastic earplugs would be a little irritating. There are some other IEMs I might buy.

I think the KC06A sounds pretty good for a portable, but I wouldn't want to use them as my main earphones for home listening. Why? Because they lack the refinement to make them a solid home listening earphone imo.

Whichever in-ear monitors I do buy will be used during exercise and travel. I have other audio equipment.

Apr 8, 2015 at 6:34 AM Post #122 of 190
Durability is a concern. I am not expecting them to be the same quality as much more expensive sets. Having a warranty for potential problems is nice. I question the claims about never hearing from the manufacture after multiple attempts. Losing some money on plastic earplugs would be a little irritating. There are some other IEMs I might buy.
Whichever in-ear monitors I do buy will be used during exercise and travel. I have other audio equipment.

Yeah in that case, the KC06a will suit you fine.

But something to keep in mind, is that they have A LOT of bass. It's tight and controlled bass, but there's A LOT of it. Like basshead bass.

Also, they have a peek in the 4 - 8 khz region, which can cause a bit of harshness on some recordings.

Apr 8, 2015 at 8:35 AM Post #124 of 190
I was thinking about purchasing Fidue A83 and FiiO X3ii to replace my phone and KC06A. But I have pretty much given up that idea. Why drop 500 eur in to portable gear when I am perfectly happy with KC06A. Sound signature is very fun. Nice bass. Although it gets quite muddy when you have music that reaches to 20hz

Apr 21, 2015 at 2:46 AM Post #125 of 190
  I was thinking about purchasing Fidue A83 and FiiO X3ii to replace my phone and KC06A. But I have pretty much given up that idea. Why drop 500 eur in to portable gear when I am perfectly happy with KC06A. Sound signature is very fun. Nice bass. Although it gets quite muddy when you have music that reaches to 20hz

hmmm, very interesting. If only I didn't have this "i am never content" disease :frowning2:.  I stumbled across these and popped on here and read this review.  they look cool.  I just wish they had a mic, and I would more than likely be sold.  Then I wouldn't have to take them out of my ears all day.  I do 3500 minutes/month on my phone, so this is sometimes a deal-breaker.  
But the way you guys are talking, sounds like a great value.  Maybe it'l get this bug out of me of wanting to buy the JH Audio Roxanne's custom fit....... if only...

Apr 22, 2015 at 10:31 PM Post #126 of 190
Almost pulling the trigger to compare to my W40's
tongue.gif

Apr 23, 2015 at 7:59 AM Post #127 of 190
May 28, 2015 at 1:19 PM Post #129 of 190
Hi guys.

Well I read the review but still can't understand. Does ostry beat hifiman re-400? Equal? Lesser? I meant about mids and vocal SQ

Thank you.

May 28, 2015 at 3:23 PM Post #130 of 190
  These are just amazing, really worth the price. I am here still waiting for some news on the KC07 or KC08

To be quite honest with you, I don't think they're worse than the Focal Spirit Professional headphone. The FSP has a bit more detail, but the KC06a is almost as detailed. And I think the KC06a has more clarity as well than the FSP, if I EQ the bass down on the KC06a.

May 28, 2015 at 7:10 PM Post #132 of 190
  To be quite honest with you, I don't think they're worse than the Focal Spirit Professional headphone. The FSP has a bit more detail, but the KC06a is almost as detailed. And I think the KC06a has more clarity as well than the FSP, if I EQ the bass down on the KC06a.

I had lots of phones over the years including really expensive ones and the KC06A are still my favorite. I love the bass and I love the clarity.

May 28, 2015 at 11:00 PM Post #133 of 190
Hi guys.

Well I read the review but still can't understand. Does ostry beat hifiman re-400? Equal? Lesser? I meant about mids and vocal SQ

Thank you.

I cld be wrong, but KC06A is bass emphasized to original KC06, from the reviews....so if your question was to KC06A against 400s then I doubt it cld level in those areas, just mho.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back