REVIEW: Ostry KC06A - A New Winner
Oct 23, 2014 at 3:52 PM Post #46 of 190
Welcome to Head-Fi... Sorry about your wallet! To answer your pouch question, I have a drawer full of pouches/cases/etc. I have my KC06a wrapped loosely around my DAP, in my front pants pocket. The optimal word here is "loosely." If I could get my FiiO X1 in the pouch, also, I might use it.

Thanks for the welcome and the information! I may get the X1 (since I see the $100 price) and might include a portable amp later on, although that might make my pocket bulge and my wallet thin out, even though I'm not using cash for payments.

Oct 23, 2014 at 3:56 PM Post #47 of 190
  Thanks for the welcome and the information! I may get the X1 (since I see the $100 price) and might include a portable amp later on, although that might make my pocket bulge and my wallet thin out, even though I'm not using cash for payments.

I'm really hoping that the Xuelin ihifi770 dap that I'm getting (was on sale for $135) will satisfy me without also needing a portable amp. As much as I love the SQ and power coming out of the C3/BH combo, I don't really love the weight and bulkiness of the stack. Fingers crossed.

Oct 23, 2014 at 6:51 PM Post #48 of 190
I think I'll buy the Fiio X1 for the Ostry's since it will be a long time before I open up my wallet again for another headphone that'll require an amp At $100, it fits my budget perfectly.

Edit: I hope the new DAP will satisfy you, Wayne!

Oct 31, 2014 at 10:32 AM Post #50 of 190
So far, the KC06A are on top of everything else I bought recently, especially paried with my Topping NX1.  They embrace every genre I put on my ipod classic.

Really satisfied with them, great comfort also.  I use medium Sony hybrid tips.

Nov 6, 2014 at 7:01 PM Post #51 of 190
hey so I just got these from massdrop, 2 pairs, any idea while the sensitivity would be listed different on the two packages? http://i.imgur.com/nfP1gYV.jpg

Nov 6, 2014 at 9:07 PM Post #52 of 190
My sensitivity on my KC06A's are the same as the one above, but not the image below. I just looked at the back of the package. Do either of them sound any different?

Nov 6, 2014 at 9:25 PM Post #53 of 190
  hey so I just got these from massdrop, 2 pairs, any idea while the sensitivity would be listed different on the two packages? http://i.imgur.com/nfP1gYV.jpg

An earlier and a later production run with different components, perhaps? Mine is a 108dB. Both are exceptional sens levels and any difference is probably only discernible by equipment. CAN you hear a difference?

Nov 6, 2014 at 10:01 PM Post #54 of 190
  My sensitivity on my KC06A's are the same as the one above, but not the image below. I just looked at the back of the package. Do either of them sound any different?

An earlier and a later production run with different components, perhaps? Mine is a 108dB. Both are exceptional sens levels and any difference is probably only discernible by equipment. CAN you hear a difference?

well didn't open them yet, was planning on giving one to a friend so wanted to know the difference without opening both :)

Which one should I keep? lol....probably doesn't matter

Nov 7, 2014 at 8:54 PM Post #55 of 190
The IEM with more ohms need more power to drive, but the difference in your Ostry's should not make that much of a difference and it's your choice.

Nov 8, 2014 at 2:53 AM Post #56 of 190

well didn't open them yet, was planning on giving one to a friend so wanted to know the difference without opening both :)

Which one should I keep? lol....probably doesn't matter

More likely a print or way of measuring change than a difference in product but I think you'll need to tell us. 6db is significant. I guess you'll need to 'test' them. Only open one set of tips and swap them back and forth if you want to keep one set fresh.

Nov 8, 2014 at 2:57 AM Post #57 of 190
The IEM with more ohms need more power to drive, but the difference in your Ostry's should not make that much of a difference and it's your choice.

Way too general to be true on a few different points. A higher impedance phone can be more efficient depending on design and even a slightly less efficient one could play louder before clipping (higher V setting) with the same DAP due to drawing less current.

Nov 9, 2014 at 1:45 PM Post #59 of 190
I opened the one listed with 108, don't want to open the other as this is a gift, want to to still have the plastic wrap on it, once they open it maybe I can get a listen.

Nov 18, 2014 at 5:37 AM Post #60 of 190
  yep.  if you have the C5 and a good DAP, then get ready for the KC06A 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Are you talking about the Cayin C5 or the JDS Labs C5 amp? I am using the KC06A's with the Fiio X5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back