Review on HtC 10 and Sound quality (AQstic Dedicated Integrated DAC)
May 25, 2016 at 3:30 PM Post #136 of 1,164
Playing with boomsound profiles and decided to keep the phone despite the dislike for the screen(not enough settings)used to vivid colours.

May 25, 2016 at 3:38 PM Post #137 of 1,164
I haven't even tried the USB out to one of my DAC's as the 10 sounds better to me using some of my profiles than do my DAC's.

May 26, 2016 at 9:19 AM Post #138 of 1,164

Well, with the Edition X everything sounds much better, but I am again and again impressed by the quality of this phone!
Amber Rubarth in 24/96 (Poweramp 3.0 Alpha) sounds fantastic: clear, open, punchy bass... not bad at all!!!
Too bad I can't take the Edition X on the go...

May 26, 2016 at 10:30 AM Post #140 of 1,164
Those Hifiman headphones look incredible.

Thanks mate. They sound even better than they look...
beyersmile.png

May 26, 2016 at 12:01 PM Post #142 of 1,164
Quick question. Has anyone experienced heat issues with the HTC 10 when charging or just using it? I've heard if charged with a different charger the phone may overheat. Worried about this because I don't always take my charger with me and some of my friends have the c cable but not a HTC charger.

May 26, 2016 at 12:18 PM Post #143 of 1,164
Quick question. Has anyone experienced heat issues with the HTC 10 when charging or just using it? I've heard if charged with a different charger the phone may overheat. Worried about this because I don't always take my charger with me and some of my friends have the c cable but not a HTC charger.

Yes, heat could be an issue. I use Anker charger and it is just fine when charging and not using. When it is hot weather, charging, and using together, you can grill a steak with or so I thought. Anyways, I try to not use it all together like that, and tend to put it away to cool down.

In the car, I hold it up to the AC vents to cool it down when I can.

You have oh-oh protection. 1 year of 1 free replacement due to any reason.

May 26, 2016 at 12:57 PM Post #144 of 1,164
Yes, heat could be an issue. I use Anker charger and it is just fine when charging and not using. When it is hot weather, charging, and using together, you can grill a steak with or so I thought. Anyways, I try to not use it all together like that, and tend to put it away to cool down.

In the car, I hold it up to the AC vents to cool it down when I can.

You have oh-oh protection. 1 year of 1 free replacement due to any reason.
. Hmmmm :/ so would it get really hot while I charge it and use it at the same time? And lately it's been really cold weather here in Australia so hot weather shouldnt be a problem for a while. It's just sometimes I use my phone while charging or skyping family from overseas and I heard that in some cases the 10 would get very hot and that worries me. With the M7 I never had heating problems, well actually never had heat problems with any of the phones I have owened. Oh well still this little issue won't stop me from getting this beast :grin:

May 26, 2016 at 1:21 PM Post #145 of 1,164

I don't think overheating is an issue confined to HTC smart phones or smart phones in general.

I've used other USB PSUs with no issue, in fact a 1.5A PSU I have is my preferred PSU as the lower current output charges the battery slower and results in less heat.

If I listen to music and charge the phone at the same time then it gets warm, not hot. Its always recommended to keep these high performance "mini-computers" out of direct sunlight or high temperature environments.

Any game or app that keeps the screen on and pushes the cores up to the limit will cause this phone and any modern phone to get hot my previous phone the Oneplus One got very hot sometimes too.

May 26, 2016 at 6:40 PM Post #146 of 1,164
I haven't had any heat issues on any chargers and I've used several. The battery lasts all day anyway so you won't need to be looking for a place to plug in like phones of the past.

Mine barely gets warm when using, never as warm as others I've had. The only time it heated up was during an update, and that wasn't a big deal.

May 27, 2016 at 3:10 AM Post #149 of 1,164
This is the case I use, I think it could survive being dropped onto any edge.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Spigen-Hybrid-PREMIUM-Premium-Protective/dp/B01DAN1XPE/ref=sr_1_1?s=telephone&ie=UTF8&qid=1464332919&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=htc+10+case&psc=1

May 27, 2016 at 4:17 AM Post #150 of 1,164
I have the s7edge (exynos). I am not thrilled by its earphone audio capabilitis, even with the Noozxoide Eizo Pro sound mode, together withmy Shure se846 IEMs.
Since I cannot lay my hands on a HTC 10, I cannot compare it with the s7edge.

Need your advice:
1.Does the HTC 10 dramatically or slightly improve sound quality vs. the s7edge
2. Please provide evidence for: native player, poweramp, and streaming (Spotify)

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back