Review on HtC 10 and Sound quality (AQstic Dedicated Integrated DAC)
May 22, 2016 at 1:48 PM Post #106 of 1,164
i'm so torn between going this route (as my 3 yr old lg nexus 5 does need an upgrade hint hint)
or buying an ipod touch and pairing it with a chord mojo or a newer dragonfly.

anyway on the mee pinnacle p1 since you brought this up and it's piqued my interest:
have you tried the sony 7550?...fab iem but isn't truly portable due to the frankenbolts and thus wind noise
when walking around....just seeking something that has fab bass slam, great bottom end
(as that iem does) and is also balanced/detailed, too.
i'm also considering the flc 8s, something from dunu or even the vsonics gr07 bass edition.

sorry for the diversion, but a few opinions are appreciated.

A phone that pairs quite nicely with the 10 is my Trinity Audio Atlas. One can use the different filters to customize the bass to one's personal preference. As the IEM's have a water-repellent coating, they are ideal for gym or workout use while still very comfortable for long-term listening. Also, they are very reasonably priced.

May 22, 2016 at 9:55 PM Post #108 of 1,164
A phone that pairs quite nicely with the 10 is my Trinity Audio Atlas. One can use the different filters to customize the bass to one's personal preference. As the IEM's have a water-repellent coating, they are ideal for gym or workout use while still very comfortable for long-term listening. Also, they are very reasonably priced.

thanks...they also have out the new vii hybrid.
anyone tried them?
https://trinity-audio-engineering.myshopify.com/products/trinity-delta-hybrid-v-ii-pre-order-yours-now

May 22, 2016 at 10:03 PM Post #109 of 1,164
Btw, if you are using Poweramp Alpha, you can boost pre-amp bar all the way up, no distortions...even if you also boost up Boom sound....won't matter. I will only take the 10 and Z7 with me to fly, because it sounds great, I can quick charge 3.0 it.......I can enjoy my Flac files or Netflix movies streaming....oohhhh the "scream" TV show is good with the sound system being so close and personal .
. What poweramp alpha? You talking about the full purchased version? And im stuck again between two audio legends. Ath Msr7 & Mee Audio Pinnacle P1. Out of the two, which would you guys & girls say have the clearer sound signature and that tad bit more bass? I can get both at the same price and was kinda going away from the P1 because I heard it needed a tad bit more power to drive them but now hearing that the 10 can drive them with ease, my choices are now scrambled between the two. Portability & comfort is no problem, strictly sound quality which has the sound that will send me to heaven with clarity and bass driven music. Remember big prodigy fan here so clarity and bass quiality over quantity :)

May 23, 2016 at 4:58 AM Post #110 of 1,164
I have to say the sound quality of this phone is amazing. I previously had iPhone 6s+ iPhone 4s, one m8, and others. None of they can even come close to the sound quality of this phone. I listen mainly with westone 4 and at home with beyerdinamic dt990, the beyers used to need my fiio Aspen to be properly powered but not anymore, the 10 drives them very well and even like more the sound of the 10 than the fiios DAC.
This phone worth absolutely every penny and more, very happy with it.

Enviado desde mi HTC 10 mediante Tapatalk

Do you think it's a worthy upgrade from iphone 6s+?
And it'd be great help if you can compare the two.
Thanks...
smile_phones.gif

May 23, 2016 at 6:16 AM Post #111 of 1,164
Has anyone within the EU bought this phone ? It will be released in Scandinavia at the end of may. I have a bad feeling that they will release a different model with less power in the EU. Hopefully i am completely wrong :). I like the LG V10 but its way to big for me, the HTC 10 is perfect.

And thanks for all the reviews and impressions, especially Whitigir :)

May 23, 2016 at 7:01 AM Post #112 of 1,164
I have to say the sound quality of this phone is amazing. I previously had iPhone 6s+ iPhone 4s, one m8, and others. None of they can even come close to the sound quality of this phone. I listen mainly with westone 4 and at home with beyerdinamic dt990, the beyers used to need my fiio Aspen to be properly powered but not anymore, the 10 drives them very well and even like more the sound of the 10 than the fiios DAC.
This phone worth absolutely every penny and more, very happy with it.

Do you think it's a worthy upgrade from iphone 6s+?
And it'd be great help if you can compare the two.
Thanks...
smile_phones.gif

Yes I do think it worths the upgrade, coming from a 6s+ you will surely miss the bigger screen, and iOS if you happen to like it (which I don't). I wouldn't dare to make a comparison because I'm just a beginner but I can tell you objectively it has a lot more power than the 6s+ and with boomsound profiles you can make it sound just as you like, crystal clear sound, engaging sound, makes you feel instruments are there, not just a reproduction of how they sounded the recording day, they are there with you.
Im sorry if thats not a very accurate way to describe, but its how for me it feels listening to the 10. Hope it helps!

May 23, 2016 at 7:09 AM Post #113 of 1,164
Yes I do think it worths the upgrade, coming from a 6s+ you will surely miss the bigger screen, and iOS if you happen to like it (which I don't). I wouldn't dare to make a comparison because I'm just a beginner but I can tell you objectively it has a lot more power than the 6s+ and with boomsound profiles you can make it sound just as you like, crystal clear sound, engaging sound, makes you feel instruments are there, not just a reproduction of how they sounded the recording day, they are there with you.
Im sorry if thats not a very accurate way to describe, but its how for me it feels listening to the 10. Hope it helps!

Can you elaborate the instrument sepration and soundstage between them?

May 23, 2016 at 8:20 AM Post #114 of 1,164

Can you elaborate the instrument sepration and soundstage between them?

Im sorry but I don't think I can make a qualified opinion on that, as I said Im a beginner. maybe if you define those concepts I could try to describe my opinion on them.
Instrument separation is self explanatory so I could say yes the 10 is at the very least on par with 6s+ or probably better. I haven't tested with lossless tracks.
If soundstage is the immersive feeling of being there physically, hearing the singer a few meters in front of you and not on your ear then absolutely yes, the 10 gives you that feeling much more "real"

Again, take my opinions with a grain of salt. I'm not a person who knows much about music technically, I just happen to enjoy it and usually spend quite a few hours and dollars till i think a product or configuration is "good enough" . With the 10 that happened instantly.

May 23, 2016 at 11:04 AM Post #115 of 1,164
  Has anyone within the EU bought this phone ? It will be released in Scandinavia at the end of may. I have a bad feeling that they will release a different model with less power in the EU. Hopefully i am completely wrong :). I like the LG V10 but its way to big for me, the HTC 10 is perfect.

And thanks for all the reviews and impressions, especially Whitigir :)

Hmm, I haven't thought about that. I'm from the UK and was going to buy the HTC 10 but now I'm not 100% in case it doesn't sound the same.

May 23, 2016 at 1:11 PM Post #116 of 1,164

Hmm, I haven't thought about that. I'm from the UK and was going to buy the HTC 10 but now I'm not 100% in case it doesn't sound the same.

When is the release date in the UK? Maybe its the same date all over Europe. I have read several reviews and no one mentions anything about lots of power and a special DAC. But ok its probably the same outside the EU. As i wrote i hope i am wrong. Will you make the first purchase and report back... :). If everything is ok i will buy it in 2-3 weeks.

May 23, 2016 at 1:50 PM Post #117 of 1,164
When is the release date in the UK? Maybe its the same date all over Europe. I have read several reviews and no one mentions anything about lots of power and a special DAC. But ok its probably the same outside the EU. As i wrote i hope i am wrong. Will you make the first purchase and report back... :). If everything is ok i will buy it in 2-3 weeks.

It's available now in the UK, provided you order directly from HTC.

May 23, 2016 at 4:47 PM Post #120 of 1,164
I have the UK version (ordered directly from HTC and got the 10% discount :wink:)

Defy no sign of the EU volume cap, it is insanely loud

Also, the Uk version comes with some HTC earbuds which are actually very good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back