Review on HtC 10 and Sound quality (AQstic Dedicated Integrated DAC)
May 21, 2016 at 9:50 AM Post #76 of 1,164
I have to say the sound quality of this phone is amazing. I previously had iPhone 6s+ iPhone 4s, one m8, and others. None of they can even come close to the sound quality of this phone. I listen mainly with westone 4 and at home with beyerdinamic dt990, the beyers used to need my fiio Aspen to be properly powered but not anymore, the 10 drives them very well and even like more the sound of the 10 than the fiios DAC.
This phone worth absolutely every penny and more, very happy with it.

Enviado desde mi HTC 10 mediante Tapatalk

May 21, 2016 at 2:10 PM Post #78 of 1,164
I received my HTC 10 Glacier Silver today! I'm really happy with it. There's no more dealing with the V10s gain detection with aux mode. Like if I needed to plug my headphones into my laptop for the day. I would have to take off my Audeze Sine and detach the Dual Cables off the headphones, plug in the cable into the V-10 phone and replug both connectors back into the headphone.

HTC 10 Amp is really strong and sufficient!

What is the difference in bass reproduction between the V10 vs HTC 10?

May 21, 2016 at 2:31 PM Post #79 of 1,164
What is the difference in bass reproduction between the V10 vs HTC 10?

My analysis on the bass reproduction might be pretty bad because I had issues with v10 volume being too too quiet with volume meter. Plus I traded in the phone, this is all from memory though.

I've been listening to a lot of black metal and post rock. Even though I had the HTC 10 for two days, I would consider the HTC 10 for bass a step up from v10 for clearer bass. The V10 bass reproduction isn't bad and it's still decent.

I also had a bias for the ESS Sabre chip that was in V10 Vs HTC 10 when I initially got it being skeptical.
That completely went away after spending hours on black Metal bands like Howls of ebb and Leviathans newest album. The vocals are a jump upgrade from v10.
I prefer HTC 10s audio implementation all around regardless whether it uses a discrete dac or Snapdragon 820 audio.

May 21, 2016 at 2:34 PM Post #80 of 1,164
My analysis on the bass reproduction might be pretty bad because I had issues with v10 volume being too too quiet with volume meter. Plus I traded in the phone, this is all from memory though.

I've been listening to a lot of black metal and post rock. Even though I had the HTC 10 for two days, I would consider the HTC 10 for bass a step up from v10 for clearer bass. The V10 bass reproduction isn't bad and it's still decent.

I also had a bias for the ESS Sabre chip that was in V10 Vs HTC 10 when I initially got it being skeptical.
That completely went away after spending hours on black Metal bands like Howls of ebb and Leviathans newest album. The vocals are a jump upgrade from v10.
I prefer HTC 10s audio implementation all around regardless whether it uses a discrete dac or Snapdragon 820 audio.

I am with you on about everything you said :)

May 21, 2016 at 2:40 PM Post #81 of 1,164
actually i'd love to see mojo fans on here, too, sharing their thoughts....esp the more objective ones.

imo there is no perfect device just yet that is truly portable and works seamlessly with all devices.
i'm still waiting for a dragonfly sized mojo, for example, that i can attach to whatever device or service i choose
(whether it be apple or android, flac, uapp or just streaming) and 'kazoom' it's off and running making me smile.
...and thus comes with no programming incomptability hiccups etc.

for on the road use i have a lowly LG Nexus 5 16gb (yes laugh;this was before i re entered audio)...and listen mostly to streaming.
so off i went to try the new dragonflys...but if you go on to the related DR thread there are alot of disgruntled people, as the device
still doesn't work seamlessly, despite being touted to do so.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/805832/new-dragonfly-black-and-red-discussion/330#post_12597028

so as per the HTC 10 being 80% of the mojo..wow, that says alot...and when we're out and about, given all the 
external noise, it's not the perfect environment anyway.

would love it if there is someone, however, who'd compare the LG G5 hifi module to the htc 10
(I suspect the 10 would win) and also against the new audioquest dragonfly black and red series.

anyway, i'm rambling: my new phone needs an upgrade, i need more memory, and i want a quality 'all in one' 
portable device that isn't bricked, heavy cumbersome, but does sound fab...so it seems like the HTC 10 might be ticket...
but i will await to see what HTC produces with google on the next nexus phone, probably coming out in the fall.

Quote:

Thanks for providing your opinion, I hope none of the Mojo fans see this post 
normal_smile%20.gif

As with everything there is a law of diminishing returns to be applied. I own both the Mojo and HTC 10 too. I would put the sound from the HTC 10 at 80-90% of the Mojo, its the last 10-20% that is very difficult to achieve.

For portable use and depending on my mood of the day the HTC 10 is all that's required, I can leave the Mojo behind.

However if I want to listen using my HD-650's (ie not portable) the HTC 10 wont drive them properly, the Mojo will do, perfectly and sounds sublime.

I'm keeping both HTC 10 and Mojo they are both very good at what they do.

May 21, 2016 at 2:41 PM Post #82 of 1,164

Yes vocals sound fantastic through my B&W 685 speakers.The imaging with vocals is excellent.

May 21, 2016 at 2:47 PM Post #84 of 1,164

Audio Quest have released The Beetle which is a desktop DAC with the ESS Sabre 9010 DAC.

http://www.audioquest.com/beetle/

May 21, 2016 at 2:52 PM Post #85 of 1,164
Audio Quest have released The Beetle which is a desktop DAC with the ESS Sabre 9010 DAC.

http://www.audioquest.com/beetle/

oh yes, thanks, nirvana1000, i'm aware of that.
when i was trying out the DF to hook up to my lg nexus 5 I had to crank it (the new red one) up to 90% to achieve decent sound.
..the new black: had to crank it to 60-70% for similar....sure if you're downloading files and using a UAPP app (?) it's different.
but for those of us streaming on the road, nada.

thus the htc 10 is definitely on my radar :wink:...great sound, form factor, wifi, surfing...all in one device that isn't too heavy
like so many of the daps out there nowadays

May 21, 2016 at 3:20 PM Post #86 of 1,164
Btw, if you are using Poweramp Alpha, you can boost pre-amp bar all the way up, no distortions...even if you also boost up Boom sound....won't matter. I will only take the 10 and Z7 with me to fly, because it sounds great, I can quick charge 3.0 it.......I can enjoy my Flac files or Netflix movies streaming....oohhhh the "scream" TV show is good with the sound system being so close and personal .

May 21, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #87 of 1,164
I'm having "failed to play" errors with poweramp alpha with my micro sd card.Does that mean the sd card is corrupt?

May 21, 2016 at 4:06 PM Post #89 of 1,164
Yes a few times.I sent support an email and still waiting for a reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back